If Jones beats DC; Gus becomes a high level gatekeeper

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
It's going to be impossible to land a 3rd title shot vss Jones when he is 0-2 against the champ. He better be hoping DC can beat Jones so he can train with the hope of having a chance of fighting for the title again someday. Will probably be hard to focus when he knows he will be fighting top level guys yet wins won't be able to get him a title shot.

I guess it's better than being a low level gatekeeper. Shit, if Gus loses to Jones the second time and keeps winning all his fights then I don't see why he wouldn't get another shot at Jones.

If Jones beats Gus again, Gus should move up to Heavyweight.

I guess it's better than being a low level gatekeeper. Shit, if Gus loses to Jones the second time and keeps winning all his fights then I don't see why he wouldn't get another shot at Jones.

I guess it's possible, but it'd be a first time in UFC history.

Rampage-Wand and Tito-Shamrock are the only trilogies that started 0-2 I can think of and neither of them was for the belt plus Rampage-Wand's first two took place in Pride.

If Gustafsson loses to Jones I want to see him at HW.

Yeah he'll be like the Urijah Faber of LHW

Maybe, but unless they get some new talent soon, LHW will run out of contenders fast. Who is there after Gus, DC, and maybe Rumble?

Have you ever heard the term "frame size"?

Ever heard the term "bulking up"?

alistair_overeem-timeline.jpg

When Alex beats Jon he will steal his legacy and bring everything he's done so far into question.

highlander-window-break-o.gif

Maybe, but unless they get some new talent soon, LHW will run out of contenders fast. Who is there after Gus, DC, and maybe Rumble?

Weidman could probably get a superfight with Bones if he doesn't move up to HW and Weidman gets past Machida/Belfort/Jacare/Rockhold.

By the time he beats DC and Gus there will be Rumble, rematch with Evans, Manuwa/OSP, Cummins (lol)

A division is never clear of challengers.

This.

Gus couldn't get passed Phil. I'd pick Rumble, DC and Rashad over him.

Hmmm, Ide pick sonnen, shogun & vitor or any other MW, wtf are you talking about, jones has beat old bums with shit recent records or old MW's

Hmmm, Ide pick sonnen, shogun & vitor or any other MW, wtf are you talking about, jones has beat old bums with shit recent records or old MW's

And Rashad(although i'm sure you'll call him a MW even though he has never fought there) and Gus and Rampage.

Back