If Jon Jones poked a fighter in the eye, and that fighter was unable to continue

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
as a result of it, would Jon Jones automatically lose due to DQ or ?

Because honestly I'm not sure why more fighters don't just pretend to be unable to open their eye after getting poked?

Think it would be ruled as a 'No Contest'.

That would suck, hope it doesn't happen.

What does JJ get paid for a NC?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:
If the poke happens in round 5, I think the fight can be stopped and a winner can be determined through technical decision (

If the fighter can't continue then jones wins by '3 stooges KO.' Same as he would if he submitted him by wrapping a golf club around his neck.

as a result of it, would Jon Jones automatically lose due to DQ or ?

Because honestly I'm not sure why more fighters don't just pretend to be unable to open their eye after getting poked?

So, like a drug addict who fakes stomach pain to get morphine?

Aren't there fighters that have a far more serious problem with eye pokes than Jones? Haven't some of them even ended fights and possibly careers with them? Why not bring them up as much as Jones?

Aren't there fighters that have a far more serious problem with eye pokes than Jones? Haven't some of them even ended fights and possibly careers with them? Why not bring them up as much as Jones?

There have been eye pokes that ended up doing more lasting damage, but those are generally freak occurrences and believed to be unintentional.

Jones' pokes are flagrant and we see them in pretty much every fight repeatedly. He literally just sticks his outstretched fingers in front of his opponents face and waves his hand around over and over. It's irritating and an extremely dirty way of keeping your opponent from utilizing head movement and moving forward. Watching it, it's hard to believe that it isn't intentional.

Anthony Johnson got and gave pokes for a few fights in a row. Koschek I think, was involved in some shenanigans.

I think using Jones, who is current, relevant, and pokes eyes in every fight he's in, as an example makes sense. He is fighting soon, and is the most likely candidate to next poke someone in the eye.

If you were to bet on "which UFC fighter will be the next to poke an eyeball", would you actually NOT pick Jones?

There have been eye pokes that ended up doing more lasting damage, but those are generally freak occurrences and believed to be unintentional.

Jones' pokes are flagrant and we see them in pretty much every fight repeatedly. He literally just sticks his outstretched fingers in front of his opponents face and waves his hand around over and over. It's irritating and an extremely dirty way of keeping your opponent from utilizing head movement and moving forward. Watching it, it's hard to believe that it isn't intentional.

^
images

Anthony Johnson got and gave pokes for a few fights in a row. Koschek I think, was involved in some shenanigans.

I think using Jones, who is current, relevant, and pokes eyes in every fight he's in, as an example makes sense. He is fighting soon, and is the most likely candidate to next poke someone in the eye.

If you were to bet on "which UFC fighter will be the next to poke an eyeball", would you actually NOT pick Jones?

If I was guessing on a fight ending one, Jones wouldn't be my pick. No one has ever taken much time to recover in a JJ fight. I would pick Gus. He got Jimi good in his last fight and Rumble has bad luck with eyes.

Jones would be declared victor and GOAT

TKO (Eye poke)

It's happened to Rumble. He has a loss on his record due to TKO by Eye poke

Noon, Gus, guy who poked Rumble, and there are a few more that happened recently where they got poked and had damaged their eyes.

Pretty much guys who poke another fighter and damages their eyes and/or finishes them within a minute of the eye poke.

Gus has two of those as we speak.

Back