If Joe Calzzzzage fights

J71

White Belt
Reaction score
RJJ.....

RJJ > JC all day long...

Calzzage looked like a 4th grade fighter.....his punches had no snap or POP on them.....if he wanted to play patty motherfuggin cakes all night then he indeed won that.....Bhop, he should have stood toe to toe.....bang that crap outta each other.....I cannot believe he has as many knockouts as he does.......Bhop lost....I think it was fairly close......but I am NOT impressed with Calzage one bit......

styles make fights.....I suppose.

I think the fact you believe that is more a testament to how neutralizing Hopkins can make people look than any actual statement of what would happen between Cal and RJJ.

They do so you must have missed the rest of Calzaghe's career then I take it?

They do so you must have missed the rest of Calzaghe's career then I take it?

Most of the world has. His career is shreds of what it should be, even fans cannot argue this.

Hardened career sprinkled with a few losses in fighting the best guys on the planet >>> being bubblewrapped at home during your prime

I think RJJ has definitely fought the tougher guys and would give Calzaghe tons of problems, if not beat him outright.

At this point Calzaghe may well beat RJJ; he may even stop him with his relentless hands-pitty patter style aside. If Jones goes into his shell, I don't see this going well at all for Jones.

I dont think RJJ has enough left to beat calzaghe besides one lucky knockout shot. distance is calzaghe all the way.

Lacy is going to smash Calslappy. Kessler is going destroy Glass Joe. Hopkins is going to beat Calzaghe. Now RJJ is going to beat him?

Yawn.

Same ol Same ol. A foreign fighter ins a fight and still cant get any praise from some people. People keep forgetting that Hopkins is a dirty fighter who dont get me wrong was a great fighter but makes people look bad.

I would love to see calzaghe rjj. In his day I wouldnt bet against ones but I hink Calzaghe takes this. He'll get hit but he willou work RJJ IMHO

Most of the world has. His career is shreds of what it should be, even fans cannot argue this.

Hardened career sprinkled with a few losses in fighting the best guys on the planet >>> being bubblewrapped at home during your prime

Calzaghe was the undisputed champion in his weightclass. He doesn't have to come to the US to defend his title, the top guys should have come to the UK to take it.

Jeff Lacey tried. I remember all the talk from the US about how Lacey was going to destroy Joe. Same with Hopkins as well. B-Hop tried his best to fight his usual spoiling style, but even he knew he was losing it at the end, hence the low blow crying and use of the head.

When Joe beats Jones the talk will be of how Roy was past his best. It's like Calzaghe said, he isn't going to get the respect he deserves from the US boxing media & public, so why even bother about what they say?

Whoever fights out of the 4 PPL mentioned in this thread I rank them as this and think whoever fought each other out of them would lose to people ranked below them.

1.Calzaghe
2. Hopkins
3. Pavlik
4. Jones Jr

So clearly from this list I think Joe would beat both Pavlik and Jones Jr. Hopkins too but I really don't want to see a re-match of that fight.

Hopkins did enough to prove he still has something left so should fight whoever Joe doesnt out of the two in my perfect world. Then after those fights, The winners would fight the losers in my head so at the end of the day in my perfect world it would be :

B-Hop avenges his loss to Jones Jr and Taylor in a way by beating Pavlik!

Joe C Gets two more wins over american fighters!

Jones Jr loses twice but wont really effect his legacy

Finally Kelly loses twice and gets taken down a peg out of the top p4p lists!

If RJJ couldn't beat Johnson how is he going to beat Joe C?

Lacy was supposed to beat Joe.....he lost
Kessler was supposed to beat Joe.....he lost
Hopkins was supposed to beat Joe....he lost

Jones will be next i guess

If RJJ couldn't beat Johnson how is he going to beat Joe C?

To be fair, a guy with Glen Johnson's style would probably be a much more difficult fight for Calzaghe at this point.

Johnson has a good workrate, heart, stamina, and can keep the fight on into the late rounds.

I don't think I would pick Johnson over Calzaghe, but I do think stylistically it'd be a tougher match up for Joe than a Roy Jones fight would. Jones should be the underdog against Calzaghe.

I'm sure Calzaghe has said that he plans on fighting another couple of times then he's retiring.

I'm guessing he'll go for the big money fights if thats the case.

Calzaghe was the undisputed champion in his weightclass. He doesn't have to come to the US to defend his title, the top guys should have come to the UK to take it.

Jeff Lacey tried. I remember all the talk from the US about how Lacey was going to destroy Joe. Same with Hopkins as well. B-Hop tried his best to fight his usual spoiling style, but even he knew he was losing it at the end, hence the low blow crying and use of the head.

When Joe beats Jones the talk will be of how Roy was past his best. It's like Calzaghe said, he isn't going to get the respect he deserves from the US boxing media & public, so why even bother about what they say?

You're honestly trying to tell me Joe has fought the top notch guys his whole career? Get off it. Crack that is.

Back