If JJ beats gus, and dc back to back

trott

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
does he become the undisputed ufc goat? not really sure how an argument could be made for either gsp or silva at that point. what do you think? how about the mma goat, would you consider his streak better than fedors?

he would EASILY be the MMA GOAT. with out a shadow of a doubt, especially if he finishes one or both of them

Let's see. If he beats a guy with a similar body-type and reach that he has with a TKO,KO,or sub then repeats it with a HW (a div everyone thinks he should go to) that is the only real threat to the HW title, yeah that's it. He should try and get in Expendables 4 or Captain America 3 as Black Panther. If he dominates both these guys there won't be a credible argument left against him.

Well he's already the best lhw of all time and with those two victories he would have a strong argument as the greatest ufc fighter of all time.

Overall MMA goat I'm not as quick to bestow him that title.

he would EASILY be the MMA GOAT. with out a shadow of a doubt, especially if he finishes one or both of them

Bullshit, if he only beats one of them that would mean-he would lose to the other - that does NOT equal GOAT. Fedor beat champions in they're Prime for 10 years - when Jones does that, then we can talk GOAT! Some of U apparently don't understand what GOAT means...

If he can control the distance without sticking his finger in and around their eyes I'll be impressed.

Bullshit, if he only beats one of them that would mean-he would lose to the other - that does NOT equal GOAT. Fedor beat champions in they're Prime for 10 years - when Jones does that, then we can talk GOAT! Some of U apparently don't understand what GOAT means...

he said finish one of them, not beat one of them.

he will beat both Gus and DC back to back

If he does that, he gets current number one p4p in my book.

Who else did Fedor spend a lot of time beating? Champions in their prime? Or...

m7t9ps.png

304_l.jpg

Jones >>>

Well he's already the best lhw of all time and with those two victories he would have a strong argument as the greatest ufc fighter of all time.

Overall MMA goat I'm not as quick to bestow him that title.

this pretty much falls in line with my view of thinking. right now i see him as the undisputed lhw goat. and in the discussion with gsp, and silva for the ufc title. i just think these 2 wins would really set him apart from gsp and silva. he would have to beat gus a lot more soundly than the first time around though.

I'd say so, yeah. Problem is he most likely won't.

Beating both Gus and Cormier is a tall order.

Don't lie, Fedor has so many great wins you don't have to perpetuate the myth that he spent 10 years beating killers, when he did in fact not. Fedor's got enough great wins to stand on his own.

If Jones beats Gus/DC he'd be the best MMA fighter of his generation hands down.

Well resume wise he is already. Mma GOAT, the rest of the public will have to resign it as a face after getting through two monsters of the widest spectrum of gifts and talents 205 has to offer. First he gets a tall 6'5 striker with great tdd, the he gets a tank built shorter frame gorilla strength wrestler. He could retire from 205 after that and never be touched legacy wise.

does he become the undisputed ufc goat? not really sure how an argument could be made for either gsp or silva at that point. what do you think? how about the mma goat, would you consider his streak better than fedors?
I think that until he proves himself at HW he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as other GOAT candidates. He wins by being freakishly larger than his opponents and by poking them in their eyes.
Anderson was a Welterweight who went up to Middleweight and dominated for years and even went up in weight again to fight at LHW. That's GOAT material if you ask me.

Jon Jones is this gens best fighter for sure. Super fun to watch him fight, not gonna hate at all.

That said, I personally think almost all his notable wins came due to his size advantage and/or when those opponents were in the twilight of their careers. Not his fault, of course; it's just how things turned out. The only guy close to his age and size was Gus and we all saw what happened.

I actually will be rooting for Jon against both Gus and Dc so I hope nobody starts crying over how I'm a hater or whatnot.

Back