If JDS cant win his title back will Nike drop him?

JDS doesn't have to beat Cain. He just has to keep fighting how he fights to keep people interested in him.

Athletes in other sports not winning the championship every year is more understandable since those are team sports and you can still be viewed as the best player even if you're not on the best team. But an individual sport you need to either be the champ or a title contender on his way to a title shot.

What a load of crap. By this logic only the top contenders and champs would have sponsors. Of course they wont dump him.

Have to agree with TS...

I mean, how can a sponser, NIKE no less, support a fighter with such a glaring weakness: getting beaten up?

If Nike dropped a contract everytime a HW lost their title the ink would never even have time to dry.

Now if JDS loses to someone not in the top 5, that may be a different story.

I doubt Nike would drop him but he's also not as valuable to them when he's not champion. I'm not sure how sponsorship contracts work but losing the belt may effect how much money he gets from them.

NIke terms probably only allow sponsorship for champs. I don't know but ive not seen nike sponsor a non champ fighter unles they are a huge name.

They'll probably keep him. He seems to be growing in popularity in Brazil and North America. Notice all the people posting well wishes to JDS. It's been a while since anyone's been that nice to a fighter in this forum and I think that's one indication that Cigano is well liked and popular enough.

Some brands like to have athletes that have a squeeky clean image. Look how fast some of them dropped Tiger Woods when he went through the scandal. I'm pretty sure Woods is more famous than any MMA fighter but because of the tarnished image some sponsors left him.

As long as Cigano continues to be a great fighter, even without a belt I think he'll still attract lucrative sponsors.

"Loose" to Jones? The only loose item will be Silva's head if the matchup with Bones Jones ever materializes...haha!

Sure your right. Bones is so known for knocking heads off he's gonna ko a guy with one of the best chins in mma.

I think Nike has already broken into the latino market. Every latino person owns a pair of Nike Cortez

Maybe his association with Corhintians soccer team will let him stay under nike contract for a while, even if he losses again, JDS is still an icon in Brazil. Maybe Nike will only promote and sell JDS products exclusively for Brazil. idk

Everybody loses in mma. He's probably good for the time being.

I don't think they will drop JDS; he is still young and in his prime.

where can I get a JDS shirt?

I like Nike and Jordan brands a lot, but it'll look bad on their part if they drop guys at the first loss. It makes them look like they don't know much about MMA and what makes the sport special.

NIke terms probably only allow sponsorship for champs. I don't know but ive not seen nike sponsor a non champ fighter unles they are a huge name.

That's because there are only three. Bones, Silva, and Dos Santos.
It's a new thing. No one knows what's going on.

Back