If JDS cant win his title back will Nike drop him?

iMaterial

Rocked belt
Reaction score
Seems like Nike only sponsor the very best.

It took them a long time to sponsor Silva but he will only loose to Jones and only if that fight happens anyway.

Obv JDS is still going to be top 3 in the world, but i think if Cain and JDS fight again - the same thing will happen again.

So will Nike drop him? Surely sponsoring Cain and breaking into the Latino market would be bigger money for them?

Thoughts please...

I think he's fine, look at everyone they sponsor, a lot of them are not current champions of their sport and some were never more than amazing to watch. JDS is amazing to watch, that fight was amazing to see, win or lose NIKE is happy. As the sport evolves even bigger you will see more fighters getting big sponsorships from companies like NIKE.

A heavyweight knockout artist who is also humble, respectful and can speak two languages very well...
Meh, don't think Nike will drop that one.

I doubt it. JDS will always been in the mix for a title shot,even if he losses his next fight. That's how weak the HW division is...

It took them a long time to sponsor Silva but he will only loose to Jones and only if that fight happens anyway.

Obv JDS is still going to be top 3 in the world, but i think if Cain and JDS fight again - the same thing will happen again.

So will Nike drop him? Surely sponsoring Cain and breaking into the Latino market would be bigger money for them?

Thoughts please...

Who sponsers Tiger Woods bro?

It was nice to see trunks that weren't loaded with advertisements for once.

Thoughts please...

"Loose" to Jones? The only loose item will be Silva's head if the matchup with Bones Jones ever materializes...haha!

No one knows the terms of their contract TS.

I doubt it. JDS is a great name for advertisement. I only see him getting dropped if he can no longer win against other top names. This is an opinion of course.

of course he will be dropped.

Money follows success. JDS had his 15 mins of fame.

Justice prevailed. 1 dimensional fighter got wrecked.

Dude..... He lost to Cain, doesnt mean he sucks.....

of course he will be dropped.

Money follows success. JDS had his 15 mins of fame.

Justice prevailed. 1 dimensional fighter got wrecked.

Are you dumb? Seen your name on another thread hating on JDS.

If you're trying to troll... just don't because you're making a fool of yourself.

If JDS keeps losing some fights then I dont think NIKE will stick around but I dont think that loss against Cain will be the end of the deal but I could be wrong.

jgo654.jpg

Losing to the current champion doesn't do a lot of damage to your reputation or ranking. Especially when it's a very dominant champion.

It's not like you're going to fight Anderson Silva and drop to #10 after you lose. It's a given you'll lose.

Losing to Cain doesn't hurt your HW standing much either. The guy is a beast with a single loss so JDS will easily be top 5, if not top 3, after losing to him. That's hardly low enough for sponsors to start bailing out.

I'm pretty sure JDS deal is local, only in Brazil. You have no idea how brazilian tv and media can hype someone from day to night, his loss will only fuel them more, with stories of comeback, get over adversities blablabla, trust me.

Athletes in other sports not winning the championship every year is more understandable since those are team sports and you can still be viewed as the best player even if you're not on the best team. But an individual sport you need to either be the champ or a title contender on his way to a title shot.

I think JDS will soon get another shot and will fight as headliner in his next fight or at least a co-main to carry a card with a less prestigious belt on the line. He is always exciting and he is a role model. I think Nike will keep him.

Back