If Jack Swagger had joined UFC instead of Bellator

I’m in shock about how many people know, care or follow WWE on this forum.

I understand the appeal to people who don’t watch real fights...

Cm punk was a way bigger name than Swagger. Was huge press over how he left WWE

Even though Swagger has better credentials he had no where near the fan base.
Fuck the WWE fan base. Why would any self respecting MMA'er want to have any association with those fakers? It would be like having Keanu Neal signing with an NFL team as their qb since he played one in that one movie that one time.

Yeah it is stupid as fuck. Wraslin is fake and just a drama show, which is why they transition over to MMA so seamlessly since it isn't about the fights anymore but about the promotion and drama that leads up to it. (IDGAF about the build up to a fight, and only casuals would).

Fuck the WWE fan base. Why would any self respecting MMA'er want to have any association with those fakers? It would be like having Keanu Neal signing with an NFL team as their qb since he played one in that one movie that one time.
Why are you so upset by what other people enjoy?

Swagger has never had a pro MMA fight.

Throwing him in the UFC against even a green HWT could have been a worse beatdown than Gall over Punk.
Yeah, if Brock hadn't had that 1 pro fight against a nobody in Japan before being brought into the UFC to fight a top 10 guy right out of the gate he probably would have gotten a similar beatdown to CM as well. Thank god he got that 1:10s of experience as a pro before he came to the UFC, if not for that there's no way he would have survived against even a green "UFC" HW and would have never gone on to win the HW title....

Swagger is too old now. He was a great collegiate wrestler, but he should have came to MMA instead of the WWE. Brock, Kurt Angle, and Swagger are phenomenal wrestlers but they should have came straight to the UFC. They wasted their best days in the WWE. Imagine a prime Kurt Angle (especially at the time) fighting in the UFC

Yeah, if Brock hadn't had that 1 pro fight against a nobody in Japan before being brought into the UFC to fight a top 10 guy right out of the gate he probably would have gotten a similar beatdown to CM as well. Thank god he got that 1:10s of experience as a pro before he came to the UFC, if not for that there's no way he would have survived against even a green "UFC" HW and would have never gone on to win the HW title....

Brock seemed like he thought he was the baddest guy in the world. Up until the Carwin fight he’d just charge at people. Then someone punched him in the face really hard. Even his loss to Mir he wrecklessly charged him and was winning.

Brock seemed like he thought he was the baddest guy in the world. Up until the Carwin fight he’d just charge at people. Then someone punched him in the face really hard. Even his loss to Mir he wrecklessly charged him and was winning.
Yeah pretty much. My point was that he basically had no MMA experience either though and still became UFC HW champ within 3 fights.

Acting like this other guy who seems to have a similar background to Brock would be "beaten back to the regional wrestling circuit" against even a green "UFC" HW is just amusing though.

Like a HW outside the top 10 in Bellator for your first Pro fight is no big deal but if that same outside the top 10 HW happened to be in the UFC than it would be a suicide mission for him, lol.

Yeah it is stupid as fuck. Wraslin is fake and just a drama show, which is why they transition over to MMA so seamlessly since it isn't about the fights anymore but about the promotion and drama that leads up to it. (IDGAF about the build up to a fight, and only casuals would).

Think of it like watching an action movie, rather than a real fight, and you might understand the appeal.

Yeah pretty much. My point was that he basically had no MMA experience either though and still became UFC HW champ within 3 fights.

Acting like this other guy who seems to have a similar background to Brock would be "beaten back to the regional wrestling circuit" against even a green "UFC" HW is just amusing though.

Like a HW outside the top 10 in Bellator for your first Pro fight is no big deal but if that same outside the top 10 HW happened to be in the UFC than it would be a suicide mission for him, lol.

I get you. Brock would have had that mentality because he was so big in HS onwards. From what I understand he wasn’t the most technical wrestler but was just so strong.

Getting into WWE he was talked up heaps so it would have gone to his head and he maintained that ego. It’s basically the tough guy reputation haha. Being said seeing him knock herring down and sprint after he I was like oh wow f that! Haha

Hager never had that ego boost so I’m guessing he’d be much more humble

I get you. Brock would have had that mentality because he was so big in HS onwards. From what I understand he wasn’t the most technical wrestler but was just so strong.

Getting into WWE he was talked up heaps so it would have gone to his head and he maintained that ego. It’s basically the tough guy reputation haha. Being said seeing him knock herring down and sprint after he I was like oh wow f that! Haha

Hager never had that ego boost so I’m guessing he’d be much more humble
Fair enough.

Yeah man that was crazy. For such a big dude he was fast as fuck and Heath was no slough at the time. If Brock had had some striking experience and was able to remain composed when he got hit (contrary to popular belief he had a hell of a chin) and the diverticulitis thing hadn't happened (he didn't really seem like the same guy after that) who knows what he could have done.

I never really cared for the guy but the way he is dismissed as a bum now a days despite becoming the UFC HW champ within 4 pro fights is pretty ridiculous, the guy was a freak of nature.

That makes sense

So Swagger is more similar to Brock...where at least he has a decent chance based on real fighting skills?

Even better in some ways he dominated Cain Velasquez on two separate occasions in college. But we don't know how this will transfer into mma

It would have be cool that Swager would have won a couple of fights in contender series before fighting Hardy, the hype would have been bigger

Did he even have a fan base? I haven't watched wrestling in 15 years but I tune in every so often just to see what it's become and I remember them pushing him and thinking this guys fucking awful

I hope you're not referring to CM Punk. He's a legend in WWE.

It would have be cool that Swager would have won a couple of fights in contender series before fighting Hardy, the hype would have been bigger

Assuming he looked good. Having them fight completely green against each other would have been just as big in my opinion.

And matched up against Greg Hardy...how popular do you think this fight would be

CM Punk had the main card of a PPV each time

Could Swagger vs Hardy be the co main of a PPV...or headline a free card?

swagger would be on a ppv just like cm punk.

no he not fought hardy cause the ufc knows to never put hardy up vs a wrestler.

Jack Swagger has already fought in the ufc but under another name

Ryan Bader

Yeah he couldn't talk and unfortunately that's the most important part unless your 7foot 350lbs. No one really cares about in ring work which is a fucking shame bc RVD was a got damn GOD and should have been wwe champ for a long time
rvd was fucking incredible

The length of that guys arms, wonder what his reach is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back