If Jack Swagger had joined UFC instead of Bellator

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And matched up against Greg Hardy...how popular do you think this fight would be

CM Punk had the main card of a PPV each time

Could Swagger vs Hardy be the co main of a PPV...or headline a free card?

jack swagger at least has a collegiate background, him vs hardy would be less of a freakshow than cm punk tryna slap box and getting his ass kicked every second he spent in the octagon.

like seriously, fuck cm punk

And matched up against Greg Hardy...how popular do you think this fight would be

CM Punk had the main card of a PPV each time

Could Swagger vs Hardy be the co main of a PPV...or headline a free card?

Cm punk was a way bigger name than Swagger. Was huge press over how he left WWE

Even though Swagger has better credentials he had no where near the fan base.

Did he even have a fan base? I haven't watched wrestling in 15 years but I tune in every so often just to see what it's become and I remember them pushing him and thinking this guys fucking awful

That makes sense

So Swagger is more similar to Brock...where at least he has a decent chance based on real fighting skills?

Did he even have a fan base? I haven't watched wrestling in 15 years but I tune in every so often just to see what it's become and I remember them pushing him and thinking this guys fucking awful

He was mishandled. Good worker. No good as a talker. His biggest thing was winning the money in the bank at mania. He botched it and took like 8 years to unclip the brief case. I remember thinking he was stalling because someone had missed a spot.

I’m surprised they never marketed that he’d beat Cain (who was ufc champ at the time) in college

That makes sense

So Swagger is more similar to Brock...where at least he has a decent chance based on real fighting skills?
He had legit wrestling. Beat Cain in college or HS.
Probably the last of the big Amateur wrestlers to get scouted by wwe instead of getting into mma

He was mishandled. Good worker. No good as a talker. His biggest thing was winning the money in the bank at mania. He botched it and took like 8 years to unclip the brief case. I remember thinking he was stalling because someone had missed a spot.

I’m surprised they never marketed that he’d beat Cain (who was ufc champ at the time) in college
Yeah he couldn't talk and unfortunately that's the most important part unless your 7foot 350lbs. No one really cares about in ring work which is a fucking shame bc RVD was a got damn GOD and should have been wwe champ for a long time

Swagger would get knocked back to the regional wrestling circuit...

Swagger has never had a pro MMA fight.

Throwing him in the UFC against even a green HWT could have been a worse beatdown than Gall over Punk.

He wouldn't have anywhere near as much money as he does now.

Yeah he couldn't talk and unfortunately that's the most important part unless your 7foot 350lbs. No one really cares about in ring work which is a fucking shame bc RVD was a got damn GOD and should have been wwe champ for a long time

It’s a strange thing with wrestling now. TUF essentially changed wrestling. By giving mma a boom period, college wrestlers could actually use their wrestling in a competition and get paid.

Pre TUF most wwe guys had some wrestling credentials. Even though it was fake they were more believable and had that competitive edge so you had a better product. Now wrestlers are life long pro wrestling fans who were nerds and can’t throw a punch

It’s a strange thing with wrestling now. TUF essentially changed wrestling. By giving mma a boom period, college wrestlers could actually use their wrestling in a competition and get paid.

Pre TUF most wwe guys had some wrestling credentials. Even though it was fake they were more believable and had that competitive edge so you had a better product. Now wrestlers are life long pro wrestling fans who were nerds and can’t throw a punch
Yeah pretty much. It's funny how pro wrestling started out as legit pro wrestling and evolved (quickly) in to the shit show now. Even funnier that wwe wanted guys with legit credentials to "legitimize" them selves

Swagger was getting a dream push - with the we the people gimmick but he got busted for weed and then his push got canned

Probably the last of the big Amateur wrestlers to get scouted by wwe instead of getting into mma

Chad Gable (Charles Betts).
Jason Jordan (Nathan Everhart) although he wasn't some special talent. Still had the athleticism and wrestling to potentially succeed in mma.

Chad Gable (Charles Betts).
Jason Jordan (Nathan Everhart) although he wasn't some special talent. Still had the athleticism and wrestling to potentially succeed in mma.
Oh by big I mean heavyweights.
Talent pools in mma LW-MW are still high so guys like Gable/Jordan might chose wwe. HW though is less stacked so mma would be more appealing

I hope Swagger does well and goes full time MMA like Bobby Lashley should have done.

Back