If Izzy beats Jan, the only thing stopping him from being GOAT is....

I'm starting to agree with Kevin Holland, no one is Great... #banGOATtalk #NomoreGOATS #EveryoneSucks #OpinionsAreLikeAssHoles #NoOneIsGreat #CancelGOATS...

giphy.gif

That is a lot of words you are using to say I'm a hater.

You know I really wasn't(you could be I don't know). It's more frustration about "champ champs" and how fighters get to replace entire legendary careers with one cherry picked fight and claim they're the greatest.

But we have people discussing whether x fighter is the goat/divisional goat after every main event. It's just extreme present bias this community are like journalists always telling you a meaningless event is history in the making. Every once in a while that's true it usually isn't. The Jones hate is a separate animal. More ridiculous comparisons than Izzy have been made we have a Mousasian religious sect on here for example.

That he didn’t start off his career by beating ten Noname Nonamedovs with a 0-0 record in a high school gym. Because then he’d be 31-0 with two belts.

Right?
In your pea brain maybe. Thankfully the rest of the world doesn't play by your criteria you cretin

You know I really wasn't(you could be I don't know). It's more frustration about "champ champs" and how fighters get to replace entire legendary careers with one cherry picked fight.

But we have people discussing whether x fighter is the goat after every main event. It's just extreme present bias this community are like journalists always telling you what's happening now is the most important thing ever. The Jones hate is a separate animal. More ridiculous comparisons than Izzy have been made we have a Mousasian religious sect on here for example.
I judt feel that in your last few posts, not just in this thread, that you are given us too many opinion based arguments.

For example, you saying Jan is the weakest champ. And that middleweight is weaker than ever.

These aren't provable points or even widely agreeable.

One thing that you said that was fact, is that it isn't Jan ir Izzy's fault the way people perceive things. They beat who they had to. This matchup makes sense for both of them, and a victory over the other would be the best thing right now for either's career.

Nothing much else needs to be said.

He barely beat Vettori and had crap performances against 43-years old Anderson and 42-year old Yoel. Brunson and Costa - his only 2 dominant performances against good fighters. Stop this bullshit. Kamaru is much better

Beating one of the weakest LHW champions won't make him the GOAT, not even close
What about Whittaker? It was dominant or Whittaker isn’t a good fighter? And if we’re talking good and not great, Brad Tavares is a good fighter. And he got dominated

and who the fuck is Jan

I like Jan but get real, beating him won't make izzy anywhere close to being goat of shit
Pretty much. I'm pulling for him, seems like a nice guy but by his record he may be only one rung above forest griffin as a LHW challenge.

That he didn’t start off his career by beating ten Noname Nonamedovs with a 0-0 record in a high school gym. Because then he’d be 31-0 with two belts.

Right?
The main thing stopping from being a GOAT is that there is no such thing as a GOAT, unless it is nut hugging that makes it so.....you love Izzy...........................you love him

Izzy: 9-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 3 years; moving up, potential double champ
Usman: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 5 years; open to moving up
Khabib: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 9 years; avoids WW

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (who should really be P4P #1), let alone the greats like GSP and Jon.

So all it takes is to be “open” to moving up? Responses to journalists’ questions now have bearing on P4P status? I’m technically undefeated and am open to fighting all three of these guys in one night — where do I rank?

Khabib was "open" to fight GSP who was middleweight champ.

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (who should really be P4P #1), let alone the greats like GSP and Jon.
DB7224C0-8233-42D2-8815-056CDA094B39.jpeg

D595D0B3-DF84-4C2D-A978-CEF928C19410.jpeg

Jon is a convicted cheat and GSP has two losses.

Izzy, GOAT... of what?
Awkwardness / Cringe Factor?
Simulating sex post victory?
Best Andeson Silva Tribute Fighter?

View attachment 837538

View attachment 837539

Jon is a convicted cheat and GSP has two losses.

Bringing up that Izzy got KOd in a completey different sport by a top fighter, and that Usman got submitted in his 2nd pro fight is pretty desperate mate. That still doesn't answer how Khabib has supposedly done more than them in MMA.

So all it takes is to be “open” to moving up? Responses to journalists’ questions now have bearing on P4P status? I’m technically undefeated and am open to fighting all three of these guys in one night — where do I rank?

The point is Usman will fight at MW at some point, and Izzy is fighting at LHW. Fighting at multiple weight classes is something Khabib refuses to do, hence why I mentioned it.

Last edited:
In your pea brain maybe. Thankfully the rest of the world doesn't play by your criteria you cretin

You do realise I was being sarcastic right?

How is this thread full of people that thought I was genuinely saying Izzy is GOAT? Didn’t you people go to school?

Izzy: 9-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 3 years; moving up, potential double champ
Usman: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 5 years; open to moving up
Khabib: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 9 years; avoids WW

Why do you people focus exclusively on arbitrary numbers and not strength of schedule/quality of their opponents?

Why do you people focus exclusively on arbitrary numbers and not strength of schedule/quality of their opponents?

That’s what he’s doing. Title fights are against the top challengers in your weight class. The UFC is the worlds top MMA org. It’s not as fine grained as we can go, but it offers more detail vs “29-0”

Thiago Santos moved up and KO'd Jan last year does beating Jan who's a paper champ make you a GOAT now?

Thiago Santos moved up and KO'd Jan last year does beating Jan who's a paper champ make you a GOAT now?

Not understanding that I wasn’t actually making an argument that Izzy is close to being GOAT is one thing. STILL not realising it after I point it out explicitly in an edit in the OP is another.

Legitimately half the people in here can’t read.

Back