If Izzy beats Jan, the only thing stopping him from being GOAT is....

chupacabra5

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
That he didn’t start off his career by beating ten Noname Nonamedovs with a 0-0 record in a high school gym. Because then he’d be 31-0 with two belts.

Right?

Edit: the number of people that don’t realise I was being sarcastic and not actually arguing that Adesanya is GOAT is very concerning.

Last edited:
Izzy: 9-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 3 years; moving up, potential double champ
Usman: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 5 years; open to moving up
Khabib: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 9 years; avoids WW

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (who should really be P4P #1), let alone the greats like GSP and Jon.

Last edited:
Izzy would have moved up and won a belt though.

Izzy is: 9-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 3 years
Khabib is: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 9 years
Usman is: 13-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 5 years

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (the latter of which should really be P4P #1 atm).

I can see there being an argument for Khabib as GOAT if you’re basing it on performance only and not record. But so many people cite 29-0 as proof, and as you show here, that simply doesn’t tell the whole story.

Sure, Usman lost a few early, but it’s a lot harder staying undefeated when you’re fighting people that aren’t 0-0 while you’re like 10-0.

We’d have a lot of 30-0 guys if they all decided to fight Taken 2 extras to pad their record before joining a legit organisation.

Izzy: 9-0 in the UFC & 4-0 in title fights in 3 years; moving up, potential double champ

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (the latter of which should really be P4P #1 atm).
I don't have him as the goat, but I have him as the best I've seen in the cage. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the resume.

I think most khabib fans are ok with people saying he's just the lw goat and leave it at that.'

This fascination of moving up though seems to be a recent thing. It was never a qualifier to be a goat, all of a sudden it is. GSP was considered the goat because he came back and won a MW title. Sure, winning the mw title further cemented more of a case, but this idea that you "have" to move up to prove your case is just wild to me.

Jones is the GOAT and it's not even particularly close. We might not see anyone actually catch him since money fights now rule and people can get belts without fighting through the ranked opponents, then just move up to potentially capture a belt or another big money fight. Jones dominated a contender filled LHW for years, fighting all comers, all ranked opponents in his defenses, and his only L is a DQ because of a BS rule.

Izzy isn’t even close to sniffing top 10 status, let alone goat.

Please stop the nonsense, beating Jan would be a great win considering the size and weight component, but Jan doesn’t even have a single title defense! He is arguably the worst LHW champion we’ve seen in the modern era. Izzy’s coaches literally pushed for this fight the second Jon left the division and the belt had to go to someone else.

And I still think Jan finds the finish

People considering flashy, dancing kickboxer as MMA Goat...
Jan, Jon, please someone stop that nonsense.
Thanks in advance.

He barely beat Vettori and had crap performances against 43-years old Anderson and 42-year old Yoel. Brunson and Costa - his only 2 dominant performances against good fighters. Stop this bullshit. Kamaru is much better

Beating one of the weakest LHW champions won't make him the GOAT, not even close

and who the fuck is Jan

I like Jan but get real, beating him won't make izzy anywhere close to being goat of shit

He barely beat Vettori and had crap performances against 43-years old Anderson and 42-year old Yoel. Brunson and Costa - his only 2 dominant performances against good fighters. Stop this bullshit. Kamaru is much better

Beating one of the weakest LHW champions won't make him the GOAT, not even close
Just imagine how bad Anderson would school him in his prime.

Last edited:
That he didn’t start off his career by beating ten Noname Nonamedovs with a 0-0 record in a high school gym. Because then he’d be 31-0 with two belts.

Right?

Izzy would be nowhere near being the GOAT of anything but maybe MW(one of those divisions where no one clearly deserves it IMO). Izzy became champ when the division was old/awful and he hasn't shown much in his first 4 title fights and adding more defenses won't prove anything because there's no one left in the division. Izzy is a 6 foot 4 guy at MW. It's the same criticism Jones got. 2 differences are Jones was at LHW and that Jones had the most dominant early run in history.

Let's look at Izzy's title fights. In the first one Izzy almost got KO'd in the fifth by a fighter half a foot shorter who had cardio issues. Whitakers his biggest win he's all that's left of the MW golden age but he might be a shell after those Romero wars(I also thought he wasn't the best of that era and his win streak was inflated). The Romero win is in theory great if they'd actually fought and Izzy's caution against Romero doesn't exactly inspire confidence. And Costa his other win was unbeaten but again he was unbeaten against a horrible division. Before winning a decision with Romero that could have went either way, Costa was fighting Hendricks and Uriah Hall. Finally if he's champ champ he'll have achieved it against the worst UFC champ of the modern era. There's 10 guys at LHW and HW each who could easily beat Jan. If he moves to LHW cause MW's empty and fights some of these guys who'd even pose problems for Jones then maybe now we're talking. But if there's one thing about champ champs we know they usually don't want to defend.

Champ champ IMO should arguably be a minus in the goat conversation cause trying to trick people into thinking you're a legend suggesting you couldn't do it the regular way. Izzy could clearly rack up defenses but that's cause MW is empty not cause he's an all time great. There's legit health reasons to switch divisions and wanting a challenge but this hasn't been what has happened. People say "I wanna switch divisions for a challenge" but the guys they've moved to fight suggests otherwise. Champ champ fights should only matter when you're going up to fight a legend and prove you're better(GSP v AS example). ZERO male super fights meet this criteria and even if you argue DC v Stipe does, Stipe was still easier fight for DC over Jones.

In the MW GOAT conversation though it is worth noting AS basically pulled the same exact shit as Izzy with Forrest minus the belt. Even fought irrelevant LHW's like Irvin and Bonnar cause some people would give him more credit for beating lower ranked LHW's than MW's(he did sacrifice defenses to do this though). . Was also taking advantage of his size advantage. I think no one deserves MW GOAT to be honest but no way Izzy's going to have as easy a time taking that title from AS as Marty is from GSP.

This is why I don't take anyone who calls Khabib the GOAT seriously. Please explain to me how he is above Izzy and Usman (who should really be P4P #1), let alone the greats like GSP and Jon.
Well, for one Usman had his 4th win after Khabib retired. So when Khabib was active, he was 3-0 and nobody took Usman very serious as a Goatender.

Also, Izzy really has not beat much top competition. Its pretty much Whittaker (great win), a boring as crap decision against 42 yo Romero and a win against Costa (good win, but I would not be surprised if that win ages bad). Moving up might seem cool, but LHW is a real shallow division and Jan is arguably the weakest champ atm. I think Izzy is a great fighter, but he has to win some more high profile fights first.

Usman is a different story. I think Usman is an excellent fighter and I somewhat tie him with Khabib as an all time great (not sure how high I would rank them, but I think their resume is pretty equal after Usmans last dominant win).

But to support Khabib here, The Eagle's last fights where complete walkovers in the best division. He destroyed Poirier, McGregor and Justin. Poirier and Justin are legit P4P top 15 guys and McGregor was a phenomenon at the time. So his wins are definitely against the best competitors and also the most dominant.

excellent result

Well i dont consider Khabib overall GOAT, hes top 5 imo, but when arguing for P4P to me its the performance that counts the most. Ofcourse you gotta win the fight, but more you dominate opponent the more points you get for P4P rankings...

So i can see Khabib absolutely raping everyone in the division moving him ahead of Izzy in P4P, considering Izzy had a very tough fight vs Fatstelum, and that shit fight vs Romero...

Izzy would be nowhere near being the GOAT of anything but maybe MW(one of those divisions where no one clearly deserves it IMO). Izzy became champ when the division was old/awful and he hasn't shown much in his first 4 title fights and adding more defenses won't prove anything because there's no one left in the division. Izzy is a 6 foot 4 guy at MW. It's the same criticism Jones got. 2 differences are Jones was at LHW and that Jones had the most dominant early run in history.

Let's look at Izzy's title fights. In the first one Izzy almost got KO'd in the fifth by a fighter half a foot shorter who had cardio issues. Whitakers his biggest win he's all that's left of the MW golden age but he might be a shell after those Romero wars(I also thought he wasn't the best of that era and his win streak was inflated). The Romero win is in theory great if they'd actually fought and Izzy's caution against Romero doesn't exactly inspire confidence. And Costa his other win was unbeaten but again he was unbeaten against a horrible division. Before winning a decision with Romero that could have went either way, Costa was fighting Hendricks and Uriah Hall. Finally if he's champ champ he'll have achieved it against the worst UFC champ of the modern era. There's 10 guys at LHW and HW each who could easily beat Jan. If he moves to LHW cause MW's empty and fights some of these guys who'd even pose problems for Jones then maybe now we're talking. But if there's one thing about champ champs we know they usually don't want to defend.

Champ champ IMO should arguably be a minus in the goat conversation cause trying to trick people into thinking you're a legend suggesting you couldn't do it the regular way. Izzy could clearly rack up defenses but that's cause MW is empty not cause he's an all time great. There's legit health reasons to switch divisions and wanting a challenge but this hasn't been what has happened. People say "I wanna switch divisions for a challenge" but the guys they've moved to fight suggests otherwise. Champ champ fights should only matter when you're going up to fight a legend and prove you're better(GSP v AS example). ZERO male super fights meet this criteria and even if you argue DC v Stipe does, Stipe was still easier fight for DC over Jones.

In the MW GOAT conversation though it is worth noting AS basically pulled the same exact shit as Izzy with Forrest minus the belt. Even fought irrelevant LHW's like Irvin and Bonnar cause some people would give him more credit for beating lower ranked LHW's than MW's(he did sacrifice defenses to do this though). . Was also taking advantage of his size advantage. I think no one deserves MW GOAT to be honest but no way Izzy's going to have as easy a time taking that title from AS as Marty is from GSP.
That is a lot of words you are using to say I'm a hater.

and who the fuck is Jan

I like Jan but get real, beating him won't make izzy anywhere close to being goat of shit
He's just trying to shit on khabib.

When Jan would against reyes,ufc didn't even rank their lhw champion inside the top 15 p4p and even now he sits at#14 or something

Back