If its true, Nates a genius

What exactly is he better at?

I'll wait

Most of those losses happened 3-5+ years ago. Nate's In his prime right now and should be judged accordingly. He's not the same fighter he was during those losses. He's far closer to Nick was at his absolute peak.

That said, Nate's cut to 155 is pretty hit or miss. I like him better at 170 personally.
Nate is 3-4 in his last 7. He was actually 10-2 at one point so most of his wins came early in his career. Since going 10-2 he's went 9-9 in his next 18 fights.

And it's already been proven that Nate is to small for 170. He'll beat lower echelon fighters there but will consistently lose to better fighters. His weight class in is 155.

I'm wondering how easy it is for him to even make 155 these days. My guess is it's not too easy.
He's a pretty active person doing triathlons and bjj training when not in camp. He's got a pretty good body type for 155, lanky and not too much mass. If he comes back like he did against Johnson I can see him getting the win.

He's probably running out of money to be honest
Dont think hes running out of money. Hes lifestyle is pretty normal. Its more like he wants to secure living hes current lifestyle the rest of hes life rather than running out of mobey when hes 48. I bet more fighters would do like Nate if they earned a couple of mils per fight. Fight once a year or once every other year seems like the healthy option when ur only going up against killers.

View attachment 416263
View attachment 416265
View attachment 416267
View attachment 416269
View attachment 416271
View attachment 416273

Previous loses? Nate has fought far tougher fights than Conor and Khabib combined. Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson...most of the people who beat Nate wouldve murdered Conor or Khabib.

Conor was hand fed manlets and Khbabib only has a handful of fights in the UFC. 3 years ago only hardcores knew who da frick Khabib was. Now all the casuals jumping on Khabib bandwagon when he just struggled beat a real estate agent not ranked coming off a layoff.
Real question. Beating someone 50-43 means you struggled? 2 judges scored in 50-43.

nah, if mcgregor is getting pounded since the first round he will give his neck in the very first or maybe in the second round

Khabib won't take the neck. Khabib smesh.

most of the people who beat Nate wouldve murdered Conor or Khabib.

<36>

Most of the people who beat Nate aren't even in the UFC. And lol at Benson Henderson. Dude got KTFO by RDA who also beat Nate. Guess what happened to RDA when he went against Khabib? He got smeshed, and against Conor he straight up ducked.

It’s a very smart move because Red Panty Night III is nowhere in sight right now. Diaz hasn’t fought in 2 years so his name is fading. What he needs is a winnable fight with a top 5 LW whose name brings a lot of hype. Dustin is a great match up right now to keep Nate relevant, and if he wins- puts him in line for a title shot or justifies a Conor rematch.

It’s simplistic to just call him a gatekeeper because it ignores the fact that he’s capable of beating elite fighters. He has some bad stylistic matchups but he is capable of beating great fighters.
ok, name one elite fighter that he beat

Poirier is actually a really winnable fight for Diaz.... fair play Nate

Nate's career has been a frustrating one to watch.
He builds momentum so you think he is just about to grab the belt then he throws his toys out of the pram, takes a huff, and gets beat by some no-mark.
Then, when you think he's past it, he murders some hype train in a fight where he was supposed to be building up their resume.
Which Nate is going to turn up?

A genius would've been smart enough to realize just how much money was left on the table over the last 4 years f'ing around instead of fighting.

Far from a genius.
Cause it would be impossible to predict we would end up where we are now, with Dustin as a big contender.
A genius would've been smart enough to realize just how much money was left on the table over the last 4 years f'ing around instead of fighting.
Depends. He could've taken 2-3 fights and made some decent money - but still not as much as a single Conor fight.

And if he lost some fights (very likely) that could've meant the Conor trilogy was taken off the table.

I agree with you that Nate is a top caliber fighter, but not in the conversation of LW champion and certainly not at WW. Somewhere in the Top 5 to Top 10 at 155 IMO. You say you can't judge Nate's fights from 5 years ago, but you also can't judge Nate's fights over the past 2 years, because there haven't been any.

Probably realized he wasnt getting the Conor trilogy long ago but waits for the perfect opponent who has all the hype to pull the trigger and come back. Avoids all the terrible matchups for him in the top 10

Perfect fight for Nate. Dustins gonna try and box with Diaz and will lose

Diaz wins by TKO, gets the Conor trilogy and is never seen again
Was thinking something similar.

i thought the nick / gsp / silva fights were not getting wreckt, and that is the two p4p greats

They can beat anyone on their day, and every fight is entertaining. You can't argue those facts
Nick lost to GSP 50 - 45 on all three judges cards. Not a competitive fight. I only saw highlights of Nick's fight vs. Silva, but his highlights were more of the clowning variety in terms of what gets played on TV. I think Nick and Nate also benefited by not being fed a lot of elite wrestlers much like the UFC has been very careful with McGregor match-ups.

seriously?
ok let me predict what names you will say. cerrone? maybe michael johnson? mcgregor? was cerrone really an elite fighter back then? 10 years ago? he was elite pre second RDA fight, not sure back then
mcgregor was an elite FW, he still has to prove himself at LW

What the Hel?

Nasty Nate was jocking position for a 3rd Cloner fight or a big pay day.

Dustin is a far cry from that.

This fight does nothing for him except earn a potential L or a decent W for him.

extremely good style opponent for Nate

I really don't see how he loses this
He's Nate Diaz. Of course he can lose. Leg kicks, TDs, and ring rust will beat him. Dustin is smart and fights smart.

Winnable fight for both, but I think Dustin should win inside the distance

Conor and Nate gonna lose

Still sets up a shit talking trilogy

Back