If its true, Nates a genius

Hopefully Nate Diaz trains properly and takes the fight seriously...

He could set up a great payday/match-up down the line with a nice win.

Lol Nate is 19-11 and hasn't fought in 2 years.

I think this is a 50/50 fight TBH

DP is red hot right now and is tough enough to go toe to toe with Nate
Nate Is clearly extremely underrated based on stupid posts like this

Things in Nate's favor:

-Poirier has lost 2 the last 2 southpaw boxers he has fought in Conor/MJ.
-Poirier has had 3 crazy wars in 9 months. Nate is his 4th fight in 12 months.
-Nate is a long & very good at range. Poirier isnt the best kicker & he isnt great moving backwards, so if he does go to low kicks like Conor did in the Nate rematch, Nate should have an easier time pressuring than he did vs Conor technically speaking.

BUT:

-Poirier's punching power & offensive wrestling could give Nate big problems.
-Poirier is a much better athlete too.
-His cardio also can match Nate's imo.

So I think we are in for a 5 round war. Can't wait!

It will be interesting to see what tactics DP employs. Does he have much of a kicking game? Not that I recall

Nate Is clearly extremely underrated based on stupid posts like this

ok bud............... which part of my post was stupid? Because him being 19-11 is actually a literal verifiable fact.

He is a good fight, amazing cardio incredible chin and good hands/bjj. I never said he was a bum or a can. Its just not that rare for an elite fighter to find a way to beat him, usually by holding him down.

Porier can solve that puzzle I believe, seeing as how 11 other people have

He's a good fighter, but Porier is better right now.

I asked this in another thread. Any chance Nate vs Dustin is for a 165lb inaugural Championship? Just think about all of the scenarios and possible matches it potentially sets up. Especially when you add GSP into the equation. Just a thought

Poirier has much better Striking defence though. Other than that they are pretty evenly matched.

ok bud............... which part of my post was stupid? Because him being 19-11 is actually a literal verifiable fact.

He is a good fight, amazing cardio incredible chin and good hands/bjj. I never said he was a bum or a can. Its just not that rare for an elite fighter to find a way to beat him, usually by holding him down.

Porier can solve that puzzle I believe, seeing as how 11 other people have

He's a good fighter, but Porier is better right now.
What exactly is he better at?

I'll wait

Most of those losses happened 3-5+ years ago. Nate's In his prime right now and should be judged accordingly. He's not the same fighter he was during those losses. He's far closer to Nick was at his absolute peak.

That said, Nate's cut to 155 is pretty hit or miss. I like him better at 170 personally.

It's a fight, Nate can still lose, especially with all the ring rust, and if he does he'll look like a dummy.

I think Nate will underestimate the UFC's rapid talent progression in even the shortest of times these days. Dustin kicking ass now is definitely not the guy Nate prolly thinks Dustin is a few years ago.

Probably realized he wasnt getting the Conor trilogy long ago but waits for the perfect opponent who has all the hype to pull the trigger and come back. Avoids all the terrible matchups for him in the top 10

Perfect fight for Nate. Dustins gonna try and box with Diaz and will lose

Diaz wins by TKO, gets the Conor trilogy and is never seen again

well since conor ir retired that wont happen and and dustin is a awful matchup for nate. nate gets steam rolled and than nate goes back to smoking weed.

It will matter to the casuals who have no idea of his previous losses.

And don't forget if Conor loses to Khabib it's likely going to be via 5 round raping. He will be damaged goods himself.

So what's he and Conor's options? Sit out and never fight until offered Nate vs Conor 3? Names team has been bullish on him getting paid well. There's no way hes fighting Poirier unless theres quite a bit of money being paid to him.

I'll wait

Most of those losses happened 3-5+ years ago. Nate's In his prime right now and should be judged accordingly. He's not the same fighter he was during those losses. He's far closer to Nick was at his absolute peak.

That said, Nate's cut to 155 is pretty hit or miss. I like him better at 170 personally.

Really? All I can remember of his career at 170 was a beat down of Marcus Davis followed by being ragdolled by DHK and Rory. He just isn't strong enough for Welterweight.

Easy fight for Nate?<CroCop1> Dustin is on fire now while Nate barely fights and is coming off getting his leg kicked off by Connor.

Lol Nate is 19-11 and hasn't fought in 2 years.

I think this is a 50/50 fight TBH

DP is red hot right now and is tough enough to go toe to toe with Nate

It's same DP who didn't last round with Conor. Nate is on different level and will absolutely destroy him on this one.

I'll wait

Whats he better at??

Well......

Winning. Having a good record. Punching power.

But mostly just winning

Back