If it's to demanding for the fighters, then let's do 4 min rounds

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Basically Werdum says training is hard and in order to be in shape for the fight and last those 3 or 5 rounds, you are tempted to take PEDs.

So would it be better to keep the fighters away from performance enhancing products by keeping those strict regulations BUT bringing it down to 4 mins rounds ?

There would be less gassing, and i think it would benefit the sport. Five five minutes rounds is insane. No wonder why they all juice like crazies...

let the sherdog GOAT, GUERNICA sace this ohail thread;

It's more likely to see 5, 3 minute rounds than 4 minute rounds. Its actually been discussed but such a big change would not happen over night and should not be done rashly. I'd love to hear what the fighters thought about his topic.

#GUERNICAbless

I'm no expert, but are there PED's that would really help your stamina? Wouldn't that be more along the lines of blood doping like in cycling? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I am.

Also, while I'm sharing my ignorance...it seems like most fighters don't train specifically for endurance or stamina, but more explosion, raw strength and fighting technique/mechanics.

Be gentle on me sherbros, I'm here to learn. ;)

They need to work in blades and blunt objects also...

I'm no expert, but are there PED's that would really help your stamina? Wouldn't that be more along the lines of blood doping like in cycling? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I am.

Also, while I'm sharing my ignorance...it seems like most fighters don't train specifically for endurance or stamina, but more explosion, raw strength and fighting technique/mechanics.

Be gentle on me sherbros, I'm here to learn. ;)
Well one of the biggest benefits of steroids is it lets you recover faster, the faster you can recover the more you can train and the more benefit you can get from that training in any form of athletic performance.

or just more time in between rounds. 2 minutes instead of 1 would do wonders.

I don't know if you're playing around or not TS, but it wouldn't matter if it was two 1 minute rounds, people are going to look for advantages. It doesn't matter the sport.

12 minutes of most 15-minute fights is fluff. Not sure the best round duration, but there is room for improvement. At least we don't get cut off any more like early UFC fighting, where you couldn't get to see the end of the fight, because there wasn't a time limit!

For the heavier fighters, I definitely think they should only go 3 rounds.

2 minutes in between each isn't a bad idea, either.

Basically Werdum says training is hard and in order to be in shape for the fight and last those 3 or 5 rounds, you are tempted to take PEDs.

So would it be better to keep the fighters away from performance enhancing products by keeping those strict regulations BUT bringing it down to 4 mins rounds ?

There would be less gassing, and i think it would benefit the sport. Five five minutes rounds is insane. No wonder why they all juice like crazies...
No because Werdum seems to either A) use or did use PEDs or B) Is realizing that he can't go 5 rounds with Stipe. There are a lot of clean fighters that can go 5 rounds with enough energy to have decent action in the 5th. Werdum is talented for sure but doesn't seem like he does a lot of cardio. At this point I lost a lot of respect that I never had for the man.

If no one takes peds, then it wouldn't matter the mins in a rd. I would prefer no rds tbh

Well one of the biggest benefits of steroids is it lets you recover faster, the faster you can recover the more you can train and the more benefit you can get from that training in any form of athletic performance.

Makes sense. It allows you to get more training days in, therefore you're stronger or have better cardio than if you didn't have those training days.

I feel anything less than 5 minutes fucks BJJ fighters. If anything let's do 10 or 12 minute fight no rounds.

this is a gentle answer for this place. Well done.

10 minute first round.

Really, just get rid of the rounds. There shouldn't be a rest break in a fight. Also, it encourages doing scoring by round, which is really retarded for a 3 round fight.

People cheat to get an advantage right? Well, lets just eliminate competition from the game, and no one will have a reason to cheat.

No more winners and losers, everyone wins.
No more win bonuses or FOTN bonuses, everyone gets a participation bonus.
Championship belts will be shared by a group of participants for a set period of time, before being transferred to the next group of participants.

No one will be inclined to cheat for an advantage, because there will be no such thing as an advantage.

This thread sucks even worse than the thread earlier today that you Florian'ed the idea from.

tumblr_nrjulc3PoL1r0ndmlo3_500.gif

Most heavyweights get winded walking to the cage.

Back