If it's not PEDs what else?

Damn, I had no idea this place had so many endocrinologists. You guys should get together, and use your medical knowledge to find a cure for aids, or cancer.

yea we totally shouldn't talk about the newest most breaking news item in MMA on a message board about MMA. that would be preposterous.

Shortly before the test: alcohol + overtraining + coke + no sleep. Not saying it was that but maybe that would be enough to lower his T that much

His T/E levels of .35 .29 and .19 , EVEN if he drank excessively + overtrain + coke + no sleep (during his training camp preparing for DC of all people) it shouldn't be THAT low for a young athlete in his prime.

I can see why those readings would raise major flags.

A serious medical condition, apparently.

The UFCs premier athlete has a serious medical condition that as a result brings his test ratios down under the 5% of the population, and it's not disclosed prior to any of his fights? Reaching like that might result in a dislocated shoulder.

The UFCs premier athlete has a serious medical condition that as a result brings his test ratios down under the 5% of the population, and it's not disclosed prior to any of his fights? Reaching like that might result in a dislocated shoulder.

he was being sarcastic brah

Shortly before the test: alcohol + overtraining + coke + no sleep. Not saying it was that but maybe that would be enough to lower his T that much
Those things would also lower his 'E' as well, meaning his T/E ratio should still be close to 1.

There is only one obvious reason why his Testosterone levels were so different to his Epitestosterone. I hope the CIR tests get done, they should be definitive as to what is going on.

Some of us here only enjoy combat sports. Some of us enjoy many sports. Myself I'm as big a fan of pro golf, NBA, and football both college and pro, as I am of MMA.

And in the sporting world you always hear the same tired lies day after day, year after year. "The tests are wrong." "My doctor said it was legal." "I was taking over the counter supplements."

Then Chael tried the whole family-man thing, which was awkward and ineffective, and I've always liked Chael.

Once there's smoke to a PED story, the best an athlete can pretty much ever hope to do is to get away from official punishment via an almost supernaturally lucky technicality—like Ryan Braun with one of his busts. But the reputation is ruined. Even if there's just some credible, or sometimes just logical proof against you, but you're never proven guilty—people still treat you like you're guilty. Look at Bonds and Clemens.

Media outlets aren't hitting this yet because it's a potentially massive story targeting one of the UFC's show ponies, and a lot of the MMA media still operates cautiously due to the UFC's reprisals in the past toward un-abiding media members. They're also probably waiting for the post-fight test to come back so it can all be done in one swoop.

Jones won't recover fully from this PED stuff, though. No athlete fully recovers anyway, and Jones of all people has way too many haters and has put prolonged beatings on too many fan-favorite fighters.

Brian Stann mentioned on the rogan podcast that he had heard there may have been mistakes in the collection process and has no idea how that it will hold up legally.

Oh god, here we go...

the average black guy has 1.3/1 according to the sources in the sticky thread

Shortly before the test: alcohol + overtraining + coke + no sleep + reading all the game of thrones books back to back + believing in easter bunnies + listening to Enya + painting with watercolors + losing your car at the mall + needs more birds + having an alien burst through your sternum and rib cage. Not saying it was that but maybe that would be enough to lower his T that much

Fixed it up.

the average black guy has 1.3/1 according to the sources in the sticky thread

And here he is handing in prepubescent Asian girl urine? GG JBJ. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
yea we totally shouldn't talk about the newest most breaking news item in MMA on a message board about MMA. that would be preposterous.

Talking about it one thing, talking about it like you're an expert that knows "theres nothing else that could possibly cause someones body to do that naturally" is silly. :)

Goh, the reason you're getting troll answers is this is a fairly new problem. From what I've read today (while assisting writers for some news outlets) there are only rare health-related reasons why someone would have such a large disparity in T/E levels in the way Jones did.

The extent of his coke use is an important factor. Cocaine abuse causes testosterone fluctuations. Big fluctuations over short periods of time if the person is a binge user--weekend-long benders. The same way that booze bingeing causes spikes in liver enzyme trouble that recede if you dry out for 4-5 days.

Talking about it one thing, talking about it like you're an expert that knows "theres nothing else that could possibly cause someones body to do that naturally" is silly. :)

then argue it otherwise then, no need to tell people stop posting. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to come in.

The extent of his coke use is an important factor. Cocaine abuse causes testosterone fluctuations. Big fluctuations over short periods of time if the person is a binge user--weekend-long benders. The same way that booze bingeing causes spikes in liver enzyme trouble that recede if you dry out for 4-5 days.

4.9ng/ml is not "above normal", its well within normal ranges for ordinary people. Its the 27ng/ml epitest level which is strange.

His testosterone levels are quite acceptable. Its the epitest levels that are WAAAAY high. 500%+ can't be achieved without a severe medical condition or... "other things."

then argue it otherwise then, no need to tell people stop posting. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to come in.

What?

Damn, I had no idea this place had so many endocrinologists. You guys should get together, and use your medical knowledge to find a cure for aids, or cancer.

Can you point out where I said "You guys shouldn't be talking about this"...?

His testosterone levels are quite acceptable. Its the epitest levels that are WAAAAY high. 500%+ can't be achieved without a severe medical condition or... "other things."

Were "...other things" such as masking agents detected?

At the end of the day we're just making assumptions based off other people's assumptions with collective research from each other lol. Nothing anyone says should be accepted purely as fact but certainly not dismissed because you're not "qualified".

Back