If it was anybody else making the towel comment, he'd be immediately cut and banned from the UFC

I've been consistently against trash talk and bad sportsmanship since day one.
Doesn't matter who's doing it, Dana needs to put a leash on that shit.

Okay. You think bad sportsmanship is a far more serious issue than fomenting violence and murder? Strange priorities.

You can’t cut your biggest “reality TV” star. If it were only about fighting we would not even be talking about Conor.

You've never heard the term "rag-head" or "towel-head"?

It's a little like telling a black person to go "pick cotton".

I don't like Conor or Khabib but it's pretty obvious why Conor chose the word "towel"
Did her veil not look like a towel to you?

She wasn't wearing a turban or whatever rag a Muslim would wear on their head

Okay. You think bad sportsmanship is a far more serious issue than fomenting violence and murder? Strange priorities.
I must've said that somewhere. Maybe I did, will you provide a quote, please, or stop crying like a woman?

Did her veil not look like a towel to you?

She wasn't wearing a turban or whatever rag a Muslim would wear on their head

wHyMZAiWb2Q.jpg

It's a veil. It most closely resembles a fancy table-cloth, or a dress (which it is part of)

Try and dry your hands on a lace tablecloth, see how well it works.

Conor is a man who cares about fashion, I'm not but even I know the difference between lace and cotton.

Does this look like a towel to you? It's the same material (or at least a very similar material)
wedding_dresses_2015_05.jpg

Last edited:
Lol...the sensitivity regarding anything Middle East is sad. Colby called Perry’s girlfriend a horse. Khabibs wife was literally wearing a very thickly veiled headdress that looks similar to a towel. Poor taste? Yeah, but calm your jocks down

I don't think theres anything wrong with it, I'm not even muslim and I will suggest my wife wears a towel over her face during our wedding. Its kitchy

Exactly.
Every fighter should be able to say whatever vile, inflammatory thing they want!
"I'm going to rape your wife to death and make your children eat her corpse."

Can't wait for it
You are incompetent

TS is kind of right....

Miguel Torres was banned from the UFC a while back for making a "rape van" joke.

Meanwhile conor is investigated for it and the UFC hasnt said a word.

Different owners, different times, but still

No they wouldn’t lmao. Stop crying, it’s the fight game not tumblr.

I seem to remember (an actually pretty funny) joke about a van once on Twitter..... that was an abrupt cut.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/7334939/ufc-releases-miguel-torres-rape-van-twitter-post

Just to be clear, I don't think people should be cut for comments they make. I was upset miguel got released for this. Forrest and Rashad got into hot water for comments they made around the same time. Fact is, UFC has a code of conduct, which means they always reserve the ability to punish a fighter more for their actions than any sanctioning body already does, like USADA, athletic commissions, or even the law. The UFC has used this in the past, and I think the problem is the inconsistency in when they use it.

TS has a fair point that others probably would have been cut for this. We all should have fairly been kinda upset that a fighter gets cut for some twitter bullshit, but they definitely would have been gone. Not their golden boy though. He'll just unretire whenever he wants for a title shot, and Dana will get his knee pads on

Nah, in other more mainstream sports definitely

I doubt Khabibs wife is even real.

I must've said that somewhere. Maybe I did, will you provide a quote, please, or stop crying like a woman?

Pretty standard hypocrisy from the guy defending the religious fanatics.

{Lectures about trash talk and bad sportsmanship}

“stop crying like a woman”

discuss?!? not much to discuss dude. of course you're right. old news. didn't Miguel Torres get cut by making a joke (albeit a poor joke) about a rape van?

Back