If Israel goes on to destroy kelvin and costa

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Will It make people appreciate how well Anderson did against him?

If? He will. Him and Ngannou will be champions by end of 2020. Mark my words.

I was expecting this thread to ask if that would make him MW GOAT. Lol, thank god you have some sense, TS

So, Anderson doing well involves under 10 good strikes against Adesanya and one or two nice counters?

Silva did very little against Adesanya

If Israel goes and gets flattened by Gastellum and then Chris decides to stick around for 1 more at 185 and beat Israel everywhere in a tko, what does that say?

Between Whittaker, Gastelum and Costa he's already got some very stiff competition. That's not even counting any of the grapplers at MW.

I really do believe these are the fights that really define the boundry of top-end talent of MMA versus top-end talent of kickboxing/Muay Thai. Usually the top-end of MMA is much better.

Adesanya did shit against him as well. It was a technical display.

Adesanya is going to get murked against Kelvin. Sure, he has good standup, but I honestly haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he could beat anyone in the top 5. Don't get the hype, he doesn't have that special something, like a strong chin, insane pressure, or a power overhand, I dunno just a bit average other than his flashiness

Israel is a future LHW, Kelvin is an overeating WW. I'll be more impressed if the latter wins.

That's a big if, I think they're moving him up too fast like they did with Till, Yair, And Ortega.
My thoughts. Brunson beat Silva IMO although a very different way. Personally I think if the Kelvin vs Silva fight went though Silva would have been put to sleep. This scenario sorta reminds me of the Till fight the most of those. Yair and Ortega and adversity in a couple of fights which typically isn't seen until they start fighting all the best. Yair had a lot of trouble with Caceres and Rosa. Ortega had tough rounds in quite a few of his fights before catching someone in a submission. Wilkenson and Vettori got a round on Israel. Although he beat Tavares handily I wouldn't call it impressive.

Typically when someone is going to be great they make easy work of everyone on their way to the title which Israel hasn't done. Who know's though maybe he's fixed the wholes but he hasn't fought someone like Kelvin who can strike and is a great grappler. Usually he gets one or the other.

Honestly I think Costa is hilariously underrated. He’s got a hell of a shot against Israel.

Israel keeps talking about how Costa was getting jabbed by Hall, but then Costa adjusted and KO’d Hall in the 2nd. Well Israel had a hell of a time dealing with an aggressive opponent like Marvin Vettori and won by a narrow split decision.

Costa could easy do some big damage if he gets in.

So, Anderson doing well involves under 10 good strikes against Adesanya and one or two nice counters?

Silva did very little against Adesanya

you're missing the point. it's not that Silva did amazing, it's that Israel didn't completely dominate him.

if he goes on to dominate Kelvin, it says Anderson isn't as shot as some people thought.

Back