If Islam looses to RDA ...Khabib

You clearly didn't see the fight, kevin lee lost because RDA outpaced him, nothing to do with incompetence, actually lee fought like chiesa did, but unlike chiesa the fight was 5 rounds. RDA was the CLEAR better fighter in this fight.

The only reason chiesa won is because he was much bigger than RDA / the fight was only 3 rounds, and chiesa was gassed bad after the fight ... add the the 2 more rounds, and you have the same result as the kevin lee fight.

1195707783.jpg.jpg
Just a sidenote: I watched the fight.
I dont entirely disagree. I just view the cardio issues of Lee as incompetence, since RDA is known to put on a high pace and work of his cardio. I doubt Islam will have the same issues, even though I cant be entirely sure.
Putting the Chiesa loss entirely on size is a misjudgement imo. Sure Chiesa had the height and reach andvantage but he clearly had the striking and offensive wrestling advantage aswell.

I mean we will see. Im far off saying RDA is just a scrub at this point. Clearly still a dangerous fighter with tons of experience and well rounded. If you look at the way 5 of his last 7 losses happened, its clear that he struggles with offensive wrestlers that can match his cardio or outwork him before that becomes an issue (Khabib, Colby, Usman, Edwards, Chiesa). Thats still super elite competition. It will be an interesting fight for sure and a good skill test for Islam.

If Islam loses then I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck Liddell fights Conor McGregor in 15 years time to redeem the loss in a Mike Tyson OAP promotion.
If Islam loses then I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck Liddell fights Conor McGregor in 15 years time to redeem the loss in a Mike Tyson OAP promotion.
nice grammer correction without a callout.

Khabib Will have to come out retirement. His plan to have islam become champion will be derailed by 3 years minimum if he ever gets to top.
I agree, Khabib vacated the crown only for Islam to take it. He won't let anyone else to have it. Conner won't touch it again in his lifetime.

Last edited:
what's he doing in Uzb? who's fighting there?

He has been invited by the head of the MMA federation of Uzbekistan. He is invited to give lessons, speeches and that kind of stuff.
I'm not sure but I think the governement over there in Uzbekistan is investing in MMA.

khabibi will come out of retirement to avenge khamzats loss against leon edwards at 170

but hes not vacating the belt. this confirms that hes not serious about retiring
we are talkingt about khabibs belt, mate--its not something to just be given away. it has to be earned--its khabibs--not danas--and khabib knows how to play

we are talkingt about khabibs belt, mate--its not something to just be given away. it has to be earned--its khabibs--not danas--and khabib knows how to play

its tho. if jones did why cant kabob? how do u retire and at the same time you keep the belt
and stall the division?

its tho. if jones did why cant kabob? how do u retire and at the same time you keep the belt
and stall the division?
actually lets just be real---khabib already dismantled conor and dustin--he just destroyed gaethje who destroyed tony. and and then you have chandler who just got here and some other non-proven gents--its gonna take some time for the cream to rise--this is a prestigious belt--jon jones shit all over his belt if we are being honest so there is a difference

Islam has been dealt a good hand from the beginning, aside from the inability to get ranked opponents... IMO if Islam cannot get past RDA then he doesn’t have what it takes to shoulder the division like Khabib did... why would Khabib change his career path because one of his friends or training partners didn’t live up to expectations? That doesn’t make sense, besides the Dagestan contingent still has a few other fighters up and coming that have championship potential

Khabib Will have to come out retirement. His plan to have islam become champion will be derailed by 3 years minimum if he ever gets to top.
Islam is a poor man's khabib.

That said, I was picking RDA to win because he was busting his ass at NU but he's taken his camp back to america and looks like he's running the show out of his garage - I hope I'm wrong. If this is true then islam via boring ass split dec.

That fight was mainly the incompetence of Fighter Kevin Lee. Like most of FKLs loses. Im sorry but i cant consider a guys who loses to Michael Chiesa anything other than a sacrificial lamb in this fight.
Islam is vastly unproven and might very well be overrated, but RDA is not the guys he used to 6 years ago and sytlistically he is cherrypicked for Islam.

You could be right, and this fight was definitely made because they think he can beat RDA and they can market him more, but RDA is still definitely his toughest test yet, even if he is ANOTHER over the hill fighter like Tibau and Lentz were. You never know. I would definitely favor Islam by quite a bit but RDA has a chance. He needs to really show up and want it though and i'm not sure if that's going to happen. We'll see.

no one knows who Islam is. Him losing is on the news radio like Kmart closing.

Rda lost 4 of his last 5 fights ....

Two of those 4 (Usman and Colby) would beat any top 10 LW though (since Khabib retired and Islam isn't in LW top 10), so for relevant purposes RDA is 1-1 in his last 2 against Fighter Kevin Lee and Chiesa

Love Rda but he will lose

If Islam loose to RDA i hope Khabib come and fight Charles Oliveira:
“I don’t care [whether it’s Khabib or Ferguson], I’m gonna win by knockout or by submission.“

Back