If I wanted to go to Japan and L.A. what should I see/avoid?

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I want to go see Japan. I have also always wanted to see Los Angeles (and really every state and major city in the USA, but don't have time for that)

So I think I will go before this summer ends, or maybe early Sept.

I'd like to stay in hostels because I have a lot of fun when I go to those places. Lots of drinking and new people to meet.

Is it safe to go to LA/safe to go there and stay in a hostel? I imagine it's not based on music by Dr. Dre but I have no idea. I'd also like to do an open mic comedy night in L.A. and tell some jokes about how much I like Kanye West.

What should I see in Japan? I was thinking I'd stay in Japan for 1 week and spend maybe 3-4 days in LA.

I think I will fly first to Japan and hit LA on my way back.

Id hit up the "Hello Kitty" factory in Japan and Randys Donuts in LA

I dont know if 3 or 4 days is enough to really take in a place like LA. I'd say if you can swing it make it a week in each place since this will be a pretty significant and rare opportunity

Avoid Compton and South Central.

Go to skidrow and buy crack and bang a hooker for tree fitty

Weed is legal in California

So check out a weed store

Check out the Laugh Factory in LA/Hollywood

Food wise there are a bunch of different places out here but I would try some mexican food

its California mexican food but its super bomb

Last edited:
I'd spend most of my time in the Kansai area. Most bang for your buck if you're on a time and money crunch.
Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Miyajima, Kobe.
Tokyo is of course dope as well. I'll be heading there myself next week

LA is all based on your expectations.

Do you want it to be like an 80's rock video? Want to see all the places they show in the movies? Hipster shit? Local shit? Foodie shit? Outdoor shit?

3-4 days isn't long enough to do everything, so pick what you want from the trip and focus your attention.

Also start early, sleep late and plan your activities around traffic times.

Just go to Tokyo and stay there

It’s amazing!

I want to go see Japan. I have also always wanted to see Los Angeles (and really every state and major city in the USA, but don't have time for that)

I'd like to stay in hostels because I have a lot of fun when I go to those places. Lots of drinking and new people to meet.

Is it safe to go to LA/safe to go there and stay in a hostel? I imagine it's not based on music by Dr. Dre but I have no idea. I'd also like to do an open mic comedy night in L.A. and tell some jokes about how much I like Kanye West.

What should I see in Japan? I was thinking I'd stay in Japan for 1 week and spend maybe 3-4 days in LA.

The banana bungalows are good hostel there right on hollywood boulevard, also LA is a dump

Kind of random question but I will have layover at Narita airport for 5 hours. You don't have to claim your bag to leave the airport right?
What can you do in Narita?

How come nobody goes to other Asian countries on this forum? Japan is great and all but I feel people aren't giving other places a chance.

Kind of random question but I will have layover at Narita airport for 5 hours. You don't have to claim your bag to leave the airport right?
What can you do in Narita?

Narita is kinda far from everything but you can do this in the short layover, and its free.

anything south of USC and north of the 91 fwy is basically the ghetto stay near the coast or dtla.

you can go to skyspace in dtla

I loved Tokyo but I couldn't tell you what to do except pick an area on the map each day and go walk around it and just experience it. It's difficult to understand the street system because it's designed as quadrants and my western ass couldn't find a street sign almost anywhere. Also went to Hakone for the natural springs around Mt Fiji and that was cool as well.

LA for me would be about the beach and avoiding the people as much as possible. Also eat tacos.

What should you avoid? LA

Back