If Hunt has anything left he will shatter Lewis' glass jaw.

You're saying that Lewis has a glass jaw but at least he hasn't been KO'd by a MW like Hunt.

Manhoef is one of the hardest P4P hitters of all time... He's KO'd countless legit HW in K-1. Hunt was already war torn from nearly a decade of experience in K-1 and Pride. Wars with Le Banner, Cro Cop etc. definitely took their toll on his chin. Hunt during his prime was the closest MMA or Kickboxing will ever to see having a Chuvalo like chin.

Yeah hunts been knocked out a hell of a lot in recent years, brutal savage KOs too so hes very very faded

I think Lewis will try and ground and pound tko him

Yeah, I'm not shitting on Melvin Manhoef, but I think it's silly to use Lewis' chin when he's only been KO'd once and Mark Hunt has been KO'd way more times and one of them was a MW.

You just don't have a good understanding of Hunts career. Watch his fights chronologically instead of using Wikipedia and Fight Finder. Hunts chin obviously isn't what it used to be, that goes without saying. Hunt was never stopped like Lewis has until the wars caught up with him, that's the difference.

Hunt's done... he's probably going to get KO'd tonight. Fortunately for him they have both have terrible cardio so it's basically a coin toss once they both run out of steam.

Sadly you're probably right.

Lewis has no chin. none. The only reason this fight is remotely interesting on paper is because Hunt is 43 years old with a lot of wars behind him. Lewis was KO'd in 20 seconds by NFL reject Mitrione, stopped by a weak hook kick that a prime Hunt(probably even the faded Hunt who fought in the UFC) would eat no problem. Lewis is simply not an impressive Heavyweight, especially when you glance beneath the surface and actually analyze his current run. Discuss.
A sloppy brawler can't go on 6 fight winning streaks in the heavyweight division without a decent chin, imo.

To be fair that was two big heavy men going forward and clashing, with first point of impact being Mitrione fist on Lewis chin

So if Lewis wins it's just because Hunt doesn't have anything left?

Hunt has been showing up for a paycheck since the Werdum fight.

He's getting KO'd as soon as he gets touched, his chin is cracked and his heart is not in it.

750k for getting KO'd every other month is not bad though, but that gravy train ends here.

How does lewis have no chin? Has gone thru 6 hw ufc fights in 2 years without getting KO or TKO pretty good

Hunt is even older and more shattered than Fedor at this point, Lewis should win by cardio I think for the TKO.

You just don't have a good understanding of Hunts career. Watch his fights chronologically instead of using Wikipedia and Fight Finder. Hunts chin obviously isn't what it used to be, that goes without saying. Hunt was never stopped like Lewis has until the wars caught up with him, that's the difference.
I'm not saying Lewis has an iron chin and Mark Hunt's is shit. I'm saying bringing up Lewis' chin as if it's one of the worst when he's only been KO'd once and he's fighting a guy who's obviously not in is prime anymore and has been KO'd multiple times isn't a very good argument imo.

He won't though. Mark Hunt looks old and slow in his last fight. Lewis is younger and faster. Lewis will finish Mark Hunt with ease.

I'm not saying Lewis has an iron chin and Mark Hunt's is shit. I'm saying bringing up Lewis' chin as if it's one of the worst when he's only been KO'd once and he's fighting a guy who's obviously not in is prime anymore and has been KO'd multiple times isn't a very good argument imo.

You're missing the point entirely. Hunt was never KO'd like Lewis until the wars caught up to him. Lewis would be eating through a straw and suffering from worse pugilistic dementia than Gary Goodridge if he went through Hunts resume.

Either guy can KO the other. The first one to land a good shot probably gets the W.

This fight is tough to call; Beast tends to struggle with traditional kickboxer types. Hell Travis freaking Browne was lighting him up pretty good with kicks in his last fight before the takedown in the 2nd round.

OTOH Hunt is 43 years old and only 3 months removed from a brutal beatdown by overeem. Has been Koed a bunch recently. Then the X-factor is that this fight is in AUS which should give Hunt a little boost.

This fight feels like one of those ones that is so obvious to end in a knockout that it instead ends up being a boring sparring session.

Agree with OP. Hunts eats these un-technical MMA 'KO artists' for breakfast. He is going to make Lewis look like the random schmoe that he is.

It isn't even about power. It is all about whose chin is better. Unfortunately for Lewis, Hunt has cracked some of the best chins in the UFC

Yeah, this is the only thing that worries me. Hunt was knocked dead not too long ago... those types of KO's change a person unless they take 8+ months off. Hopefully Hunt is a special freak who can still take a few big shots in order to land one.

Hunt's been KO'd plenty of times and always managed to come back with his chin looking just as solid as ever. He is absolutely the type of freak who can absolutely take a few big shots to land his own. uckily for him, Lewis' standup is garbage and he won't have to eat much of anything to land his shots, which will definitely put Derrick clean out. Lewis has gone on this streak of his because he's faced nobodies that gassed themselves out trying to grapple with him until he got on top and killed them with his frightening GnP or he was fighting guys that were way, way past their respective primes. Hunt is far and away the best fighter The Black Beast has ever fought and I anticipate that will be proven emphatically tonight.

If you want to beat Derrick Lewis it has to be done on the feet, IMO. Lewis is deceptively effective on the mat.

Back