If Holm managed to win...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Teppodama, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

and Ronda didn't get an immediate rematch, how long would it take the public to forget about Ronda? I ask given that a Jones has been gone for abit now and as far as the MMA world goes his absence hasn't had much of an impact. Granted, I believe Ronda is more popular but without the belt, how long does her hype train move down the track?

2. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

If Holm beats Ronda there will be an immediate rematch without question. If Holm beat her the 2nd fight I'm quite sure there would be an immediate 3rd fight as well.

3. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

What would funny is Tate getting the next match, winning, then having that 3rd fight with Ronda as defending Champ.

4. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Red Belt

She'd get an immediate rematch and it would be pretty impossible for her to get 'immediately forgotten about' at this point.

She is a lot more mainstream than Jones ever will be

5. RoryMacdonald

RoryMacdonald Purple Belt

There is no "IF" in this fight. Ronda absolutely smokes Holly. Holly is overrated.

6. PTSDtreatment

PTSDtreatment Blue Belt

Alternatives titles to this thread....If Zombies Were Real.....If The Pope Was Transgender.....If Trump Was Elected President....

Wait stratch that last one. The rest are all fiction.

7. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

Jackson has a way with prepping his fighters though. I think her chances are better with him in her corner. Long odds granted but better with him helping her camp.

8. RoryMacdonald

RoryMacdonald Purple Belt

What will greg tell Holly to do.. Keep her distance and use a jab and high kicks. That will only last about 13 seconds as Ronda is rushing you. The thing about Ronda is she will either rush you or let you rush her. Either way she (Holly) will likely end up on the ground tapping or knocked out.

9. 1dober

1dober Blue Belt

what about this, if holm won would that make her the greatest female fighter of all time being a former boxing world champion and ufc champion?

10. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-the-queen-ronda-rousey

11. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

how did you decide that jones's absence has no/little impact - i couldnt disagree more

maybe if you dont think much and stick to the ufc's comments, then yea - but lots of folks think a bit more than that

12. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

Tell you one thing, if she did win the funniest thing I can think of to cap it off and further mess with Ronda's head is to toss her a bronze medal after they put the belt around Holms.

edit- on second thought that would be kinda an asshole thing to do so scratch that.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  13. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

From the UFC's side of things its business as usual and not really any mention of Jones and here on Sherdog he's not moving the needle much either. Can't say if any of the other MMA sites are pining away

14. AP_RESURRECTION

gotcha fair enough - i think generally thats only because the media is unable / unwilling / pressured out of say(ing) the truth - they are tied to the business and therse no reason to bite the hand that feeds you and lose your press pass

15. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

Even the forums aren't really beating the bushes about Jones. Oh, there's the odd topic here and there and comments in any topic about DC, but MMA moves to fast to keep much interest in fighters that aren't fighting or on the radar for a fight. Jones is only relevant while he holds the belt.

16. AP_RESURRECTION

right but again, if the media was independent (in theory) and talked about what was actually interesting instead of being in the pocket of the ufc's profiting, then we would hear a lot more about it - people wouldnt be as interested in this fight either - quiet and controlled public is good for profits

ufc created all this though, and deserve all the profits anyway, the media sites arent anything interesting

17. ninja boot

ninja boot Purple Belt

all i know is the mpeg of dana's face the second ronda is ko'd or sub'd is something i look forward to seeing someday.

18. Teppodama

Teppodama Red Belt

Don't get me wrong, Jones is outstanding when he fights. He's earned his accolades, but if he doesn't have the belt or any word on a fight in the forseeable future why should he be talked about. Right now, he's basically in retirement till we hear otherwise. We can debate DC's belt but as far as Jones, he basically vacated/walked away from his belt by his actions.

19. AP_RESURRECTION

so the key for you is whether or not he is with the ufc - it makes all the difference to you whether or not he is legit - you're not unique, you're a follower like everyone else - fair enough - watch all the ufcs

20. sir loin

sir loin Banned Banned

Ronda "Rush" St Rousey