If Holly def. Nunes

It's intriguing because Nunes is on a great run, but Holly is very durable and is also a stylistically difficult match up striking for Nunes because of you counter striking style. I think Nunes needs to consider taking her down.

TS list sounds about right, but JJ and Rose should be up there somewhere.

Holly's a professional prize-fighter. As long as the UFC are paying her 6 figures to fight she'll fight. I'm super confident of that.

Girl's got a retirement to fund.
You sound like you have some type of investment in her. Are you her manager? Do you want to squeze every drop of her till she can't even have kids? I mean, her clock is ticking.

Always a fan of Holm and her legs, and if anyone can solve the Amanda puzzle it's probably Divorced Holly, but Amanda is a straight G in the cage and owns one of my favorite KOs, as does Holly.

All I can say is I hope to see the best of each of them compete. Both on their marks will make an awesome fight.

Ronda is the reason WMMA is in the UFC bud

ronda-rousey1.jpg

WMMA Mt Rushmore

Honda
Gina
Cyborg
Nunes
Dana is the reason, not Ronda. He could choose Cyborg and improve her division instead of Ronda's. But Cyborg is ugly, so it is "understandable"... for casuals, not who really loves the best fighters and fights. It is what it is.
tenor.gif

It will be really hard.. Holly will be months away from age 38 and it seems a lot for a female fighter on top of that she had like 40 boxing fights 20+ kickboxing fights and then a MMA career.

I'm thinking it's time for her to call it but if she does pull it off then shit, it will be incredible.

It’s hard to say who the greatest is with so much left to be decided. Depending on the manner of loss, I’d say Nunes would still be the greatest of all time.

Nunes has one of the better skill sets we’ve seen and her resume is pretty solid.

If Holm is able to defeat Nunes, it doesn’t catapult her to the greatest but it gives her legitimate claim to top 3.

Right now the top 3 consists of Nunes, Shevchenko, and Cyborg. I think that is true any way you cut it. Holm, Tate, Rousey, JJ and Rose are behind them.

Rose could separate herself from the 2nd tier the cleanest by reclaiming her title.

Holly, Tate, and Rousey are all about the same. Such a styles makes fights issue between them. Holly can give herself a leg up on Tate and Rousey by defeating Nunes.

The women’s MMA Mount Rushmore;

Rousey, Cyborg, Holm and Carano

It went how it went because Nunes is fucking massive. It was a chess match between "don't get knocked out" and "don't get gassed out."

If Amanda is serious about making 125 and sheds the muscle to do it Valentina will tool her up. It won't even be close.

I don't think she can make 125.. I think she had problems making 135 that all nose problems and whatnot seems more like weight cutting issues that made her feel really bad and decided to call it thinking she will take a L vs Val if she wasn't feeling alright.

lol Holly, let's not forget she is getting a TS after beating freaking Megan Anderson in a fight she fucking struggled and she is 1-1 on her past 2 fights.

I think Amanda outclass holly pretty easy, the only reason this might not end in a finish it's because Holly is though

It would basically be a tie between her and Cyborg.

Tbh Ronda should be on mount rushmore, 135 is and will always be the OG WMMA division. Her, Cyborg, Nunes and Holm.

If Gina Carano is an option despite not being in the UFC, then maybe it's her?
It's Nunes and there's no debate

lol Holly, let's not forget she is getting a TS after beating freaking Megan Anderson in a fight she fucking struggled and she is 1-1 on her past 2 fights.

I think Amanda outclass holly pretty easy, the only reason this might not end in a finish it's because Holly is though
*tough, and a little bit of ISH ISH.

Mt Rushmore isn't necessarily the 4 best fighters. It's the 4 most iconic (skill usually being a byproduct of that).

Ronda
Cris Cyborg
Gina Carano
Joanna/Nunes

Always a fan of Holm and her legs, and if anyone can solve the Amanda puzzle it's probably Divorced Holly, but Amanda is a straight G in the cage and owns one of my favorite KOs, as does Holly.

All I can say is I hope to see the best of each of them compete. Both on their marks will make an awesome fight.
tenor.gif

BUT....

giphy.gif

How many wmma goat threads do we need?
Mods merge this bs

WaterloggedAssuredBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Absolute beat, eyes rolled back too. I think Ann's success was mix of her having power and she had really great technique, some of the ladies tend to be a little sloppier but Ann was nice.

you don't even have fuji in

you're literally a ronda noob when it comes to WMMA

edit: Joanna should also be higher than Cryborg since she never did roids.

How the fuck do you know that Fuji was clean? What kind of testing was she ever subjected to?

You think that she got tested in Japan or on those low rent early Bellator shows that she fought on?

Sick of this PED hysteria.

Who is considered to be the best female MMA fighter of all time? Mount Rushmore for me at this point is Holly, Nunes, Shevchenko, Cyborg.
Ronda drops off the list because {<RR}

Disclaimer: All 4 would get KO'd into the living death by Lucia Rijker in her prime, but this is an MMA list.

IF Holm beats Nunes she will be WMMAs Werdum.
Nothing more and nothing less.
Would you put Werdum in any GOAT list?

Back