If Holly def. Nunes

Who is considered to be the best female MMA fighter of all time? Mount Rushmore for me at this point is Holly, Nunes, Shevchenko, Cyborg.
Ronda drops off the list because {<RR}

Disclaimer: All 4 would get KO'd into the living death by Lucia Rijker in her prime, but this is an MMA list.

Awww, cmon! Can we just wait 130 years to decide like the real Mount Rushmore?!

Not gonna happen the wmma goat is between nunes and Valentina they should fight, we all saw how that went.

Even if Holly defeats Nunes, Nunes would still be ahead of Holly. Amanda just has too much going for her.

Ronda is clearly above Holly as an wmma GOAT. Just like Silva is above Weidman. You don't take a fighters accomplishments by beating them. Holly has one high level win and a bunch of losses.

For me it's

Nunes
Cyborg
Ronda
Valentina/Gina Carano

Aside from starting the beautiful demise of RR, Holly hasn't done anything that warrants a spot on Mt Rushmore over any of these ladies IMO. She's part of the 2nd tier with Miesha Tate and others.

If Holly fought "the champ" 10 times, Holly would be bound to win at least once.

The UFC keeps pushing her into unwarranted title shots so at this point even if she won, I'd view it as an off night for Nunes. It doesn't put her in amongst any GOAT status as far as I'm concerned. If Nunes beats Holly, it doesn't prove much of anything to me either. As far as WMMA goes, Nunes is already the GOAT (ran through Ronda and Cyborg).

Ronda is the reason WMMA is in the UFC bud

ronda-rousey1.jpg

WMMA Mt Rushmore

Honda
Gina
Cyborg
Nunes

you don't even have fuji in

you're literally a ronda noob when it comes to WMMA

edit: Joanna should also be higher than Cryborg since she never did roids.

Not gonna happen the wmma goat is between nunes and Valentina they should fight, we all saw how that went.

It went how it went because Nunes is fucking massive. It was a chess match between "don't get knocked out" and "don't get gassed out."

If Amanda is serious about making 125 and sheds the muscle to do it Valentina will tool her up. It won't even be close.

I don't see Holms beating Nunes. I am not going to say its not possible, but its very unlikely. This is most likely Holms retirement fight. Dollars to Donuts, she retires after this fight.

I don't see Holms beating Nunes. I am not going to say its not possible, but its very unlikely. This is most likely Holms retirement fight. Dollars to Donuts, she retires after this fight.

Agreed, except she won't retire. She has excellent management and her contract is too good. She'll fight it out. You can't leave 100s of thousands of dollars just lying on the table like that.

Agreed, except she won't retire. She has excellent management and her contract is too good. She'll fight it out. You can't leave 100s of thousands of dollars just lying on the table like that.
Do you have inside knowledge? I mean, she is getting old and looking pretty rough lately. I suppose if she has a bunch of fights still on her contract the UFC cant cut her, but damn, she should retire if she loses this fight. I see no other reason other then money.

Holly Holm is not a Mount Rushmore fighter. She is more of a Buster Douglas type of fighter.

Do you have inside knowledge? I mean, she is getting old and looking pretty rough lately. I suppose if she has a bunch of fights still on her contract the UFC cant cut her, but damn, she should retire if she loses this fight. I see no other reason other then money.

Holly's a professional prize-fighter. As long as the UFC are paying her 6 figures to fight she'll fight. I'm super confident of that.

Girl's got a retirement to fund.

Id say Tate, Valentina, Holly, Gina would all be under Rousey,Nunes, Cyborg . Valentina being the most accomplished of the 4th

How many wmma goat threads do we need?
Mods merge this bs
WMMA threads deserve their own separate subforum, imo.

...except for PVZ, she can stay in the heavies.

Back