if Holloway defends convincingly against an elite wrestler next, I'm ready to call him GOAT FW

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
EVERYONE!

Stop with the: GOAT
Greatest
Of
All
Time

Because, history has always shown that in the future, there will be some new wild dog, record setting athlete who will make yesterdays athletes looks primitive...Every sport has done this so MMa is no different!

GOCT is the correct phrase

Greatest of Current Time!
Your right zabit is the goat<{1-7}>

who is an “elite wrestler” that’s in the title hunt at FW? no one

Why does every need to force the GOAT title on everyone?

Part of being the greatest ever is longevity. Max could win his next fight and then go on a 5 fight losing streak.

How about wait 5-10 years and look back and we can have a clearer image of who the best FW of all time is.

By then a new champ will be around and everyone will be calling him the GOAT and arguing day and night about it.

Max himself said Aldo is still the greatest.

Skill wise it's hard to say he isn't in the discussion. Certainly not resume wise tho. If he dispatches of Volk after he besmirches mini Mendes here soon it'll be a damn good streak. Especially with another finish

It's very hard to name a goat featherweight after Aldo. Aldo's resume is incredibly impressive and truly a one of a kind feat. But if anyone can best it, it's most likely Holloway.

shitle tot after beating jury & volkanovski? idk about that m8

I mean there’s not many other options for contenders at the moment. Mendes, Moicano, and Edgar will be the best options if they all get another win.

People have gotten title shots for much less

I think when you put an ass whoopin on the supposed FW goat twice, that counts as like 5 or 6 title defenses right there..maybe more...beating aldo certainly counts more than just defending against faber or korean zombie or cub swanson, etc....when you beat the goat, that ranks very high on quality list.

Well by that logic Conor is clearly the FW GOAT as he has like 12 defences.

He needs to beat Zabit to earn the GOAT FW Title imo, him beating Mendes would also make it pretty hard to not him call him the GOAT FW as well, but we need Max x Zabit.
Um no. You are getting WAY ahead of yourself, how about letting zabit fight someone who is actually a good fighter first.

As much as I love Edgar and Mendes I think Max sleep both in 10 mins each.

The real test would be Zabit, he is the guy Max needs to be beat

Who, Khabib? There really isn't any wildly dominant high level wrestler at 145.

Beating a "wrestler" has never meant dick at featherweight because it's not a wrestler-heavy division. The reason Holloway isn't fighting wrestling stylists is because there are none at the top of the division. The two previous champs weren't wrestlers either.

As far as pure wins go, I consider Conor the best FW ever. Convincingly beating the piss out of Aldo, Mendes, Holloway and Poirier is more impressive than anything any other FW has done. Aldo and Max are above Conor tho based on longevity in the division.

As far as pure wins go, I consider Conor the best FW ever. Convincingly beating the piss out of Aldo, Mendes, Holloway and Poirier is more impressive than anything any other FW has done. Aldo and Max are above Conor tho based on longevity in the division.

Agreed.

Though I consider Holloway's finishes against Aldo, Pettis, and Ortega pretty damn impressive as well..

Agreed.

Though I consider Holloway's finishes against Aldo, Pettis, and Ortega pretty damn impressive as well..

Aldo was definitely a bit shop worn when Max beat him, but still a great win nonetheless.

The Ortega win is his most impressive, imo.

Does a win over Conor outshine a win over an elite wrestler with regard to GOAT status?
I assumed his point was, Conor beat Max. It’s a fairly easily dubunked opinion. A lot of elite fighters have been beat by lesser fighters. That being said, I love to see this rematch.

I assumed his point was, Conor beat Max. It’s a fairly easily dubunked opinion. A lot of elite fighters have been beat by lesser fighters. That being said, I love to see this rematch.

There is no evidence that Conor is a lesser fighter than Max. Unless you think Max wouldnt be beat down by Khabib?

Back