IF Hendo beats DC...

That would be an absolute disaster. A 700k+ PPV buyrate fight with Jon Jones would be off and Cormier wouldn't get his big payday that he deserves.

If DC loses....then he doesn't deserve the big payday. IF he loses (highly unlikely), he'd have no one to blame but himself....plus, he could've fought for the HW belt already.

If Hendo beats DC it's going to be sad because Jones will dismantle him and his legend will grow even further.

Jones made Shogun tap to strikes, choked out guys that don't get submitted like Machida and Rampage, beat the guy that owned Silva for 5 rounds in a few minutes and broke Glover's 20 fight winning streak. I don't think I could handle him destroying the guy that KOed Fedor, DC and Shogun to his resume.

If you thought Jones was cocky before...

If DC loses then I'd guess AJ/Lil Nog may well deside who gets the next shot, provided of course Gus doesn't mean Jones and we get a 3rd fight before anyone else gets a shot at the belt.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with him getting the next shot after Gus. Even though Hendo was on a losing streak and was losing to Shogun before the tko, I feel like him getting the next shot (If he beats DC) wouldnt be a problem. The Rashad and Machida loses were both very close plus Glover just lost and and Rumble just won only one fight since his UFC return so Hendo makes sense IF he beats DC.

I wouldn't have a problem, because he was promised the "next shot," then came the debacle where they canceled the card, and Dana blamed him for it. Otherwise, I'm not so sure, but he doesn't have that many top fights left in him, so if they want to milk his name recognition for a title fight, that would be the last chance to do so, probably.

This does not mean I think he has much of a chance, but if he does....

Last edited:
Let's be honest? Hendo is the stepping stone for DC to get a title shot.

If Hendo beats Cormier the UFC will definitely give him a shot. It will be most likely the last time they would be able to.

I agree if Hendo wins, it throws things in disarray but why would Jones beating Gus screw up the division? He is the champion, and is undefeated (other than the Hamil travesty). Dominant champs make for easy promotion.

Let me explain: If Jones wins (which I expect) and DC loses, then there is no clear cut #2. Nobody wants to see a trilogy with Gus, especially if Jones does what I think he's gonna do to that dude in the rematch. Does anyone think Henderson has anything for Jones? Rumble will be pushed to the forefront far sooner than deserved. You will end up seeing Bader fighting Jones in the near future. That is what I call a shitstorm...the division would be cleared and if Jones doesn't want to move up, well it's gonna get boring really quickly.

Let me explain: If Jones wins (which I expect) and DC loses, then there is no clear cut #2. Nobody wants to see a trilogy with Gus, especially if Jones does what I think he's gonna do to that dude in the rematch. Does anyone think Henderson has anything for Jones? Rumble will be pushed to the forefront far sooner than deserved. You will end up seeing Bader fighting Jones in the near future. That is what I call a shitstorm...the division would be cleared and if Jones doesn't want to move up, well it's gonna get boring really quickly.

If Henderson wins, he is the #2 and gets the title shot, it's simple. Then they will rebuild DC and Rumble. Lil Nog and Manuwa are still around as well. There's enough challengers for the next 2 years, calm down.

Would love to see Dan take this, get his title shot, beat Jones and retire, oh wait............

You guys think his lack of trt will effect his performance?
Physically, mentally, both or neither?

Last edited:
If he actually won I'd stop watching MMA. That's how little of a chance he has. (And I'm a fan of Hendo)

Hendo always has a chance. His freakish KO power is the ultimate trump card.

If Henderson wins, he is the #2 and gets the title shot, it's simple. Then they will rebuild DC and Rumble. Lil Nog and Manuwa are still around as well. There's enough challengers for the next 2 years, calm down.

You want to see Henderson, Manuwa or Lil Nog (let's throw in Phil, too) in the cage with JJ? Answer truthfully.

Rumble is the only fighter on the radar that may be exciting (other than DC), but everyone else falls under the "retread" category. They can't sell that shit.

Weidman and Cain (if they are still champs) will be talked about a lot if DC loses. But Wiedman has his hands full in his own division, so where does that leave Jones?

Basically, Cormier cannot lose or there will be some real problems in the "marquee division."

I honestly think Dan Henderson is going to knock Cormier out. I think Cormier will come out strong. Round 1/Round 2 KO. Does not go past 2 rounds. Henderson will not have it easy, but he will prevail with a knockout.
That would be absolutely amazing. The guy's resume is absolutely ridiculous as it is, to finish Cormier when some top heavies couldn't do it would really be something.

Your user name from The Prestige?

I had a dream that Hendo put Cormier to sleep. Doubt it'll happen, but I'd absolutely lose it if he did...

That would be absolutely amazing. The guy's resume is absolutely ridiculous as it is, to finish Cormier when some top heavies couldn't do it would really be something.

Your user name from The Prestige?

He finished Fedor, which guys much bigger than Hendo couldn't do. It's more possible than people think. And I'm not sure what the Prestige is. My xbox gamertag and counterstrike alias for many years. Went from mrniceguy to sorrynottoday at some point.

white: im booking title im booking title!

Back