If Hall KOed Mousasi with a kick, imagine what Belfort is gonna do to him

problem is vitor only has the cardio/mental toughness to go about 2 rounds and after that he quits and Moose is nearly impossible to finish with strikes. Uriah had to land an insanely hard spinning heel kick AND an insanely hard perfect knee to but him away.
He had to land a flush spinning heel kick, a flush knee and some punches and Moose still never went out.

Moose is gonna take him down in the first, mount him, and punch him in the face. That is currently Vitor's weakness.

I think Mousasi can outlast Vitor. He is a smart fighter, and will mix it up and wear Vitor down. If he can avoid Vitor's first round explosions, tie him up, and maybe get a takedown, he should win. Vitor does not have a very strong mental game, and is very susceptible to losing his will if the fight isn't going his way.....

I think Mousasi can outlast Vitor. He is a smart fighter, and will mix it up and wear Vitor down. If he can avoid Vitor's first round explosions, tie him up, and maybe get a takedown, he should win. Vitor does not have a very strong mental game, and is very susceptible to losing his will if the fight isn't going his way.....
Has anyone ever successfully blitzed Mousasi that didn't have a good ground game to back them up?

Hall uses range and strikes from a distance. belfort likes to get close and dirty. completely different dynamic

Also, I think an "On Hall" could beat current Belfort pretty easy.

Has anyone ever successfully blitzed Mousasi that didn't have a good ground game to back them up?

Not that I'm aware of - Mousasi has legit striking, and Hall is the only guy in MMA to hurt him from what I can recall. He had mentioned that he was being sloppy in that fight as well because he wanted finish and to make the fight exciting or something like that. I don't anticipate Vitor being able to successfully blitz him, but he still has great speed, even at 39 years old. I just mentioned it, because it really is Vitor's best way to win, and he has had success with that style in the past.....

The Hall KO was great and all but it doesn't make Mousasi some scrub. Plus:

542e819f2d7e5c17770f6a7067003f22.jpg

ronaldo-souza-vitor-belfort-ufc-1982.jpg

Not that I'm aware of - Mousasi has legit striking, and Hall is the only guy in MMA to hurt him from what I can recall. He had mentioned that he was being sloppy in that fight as well because he wanted finish and to make the fight exciting or something like that. I don't anticipate Vitor being able to successfully blitz him, but he still has great speed, even at 39 years old. I just mentioned it, because it really is Vitor's best way to win, and he has had success with that style in the past.....
Oh, no, I gotcha. I know that to be Vitor's best bet. I was just legitimately trying to think of a fighter that blitzed Mousasi with success. Hall's striking success was calculated as you can get in a situation with Mousasi, especially a Mousasi that already made it known he was more willing to grapple.
I just don't see Vitor having the success in a flurry. Mousasi is far too granite chinned and too savvy a striker to be caught in that situation.

Moose was picking hall appart. Got caught by this kick from Hall (nice kick indeed) but Moose was def the better fighter.

Mousasi is an unusually relaxed fighter. It might cost him a lot in this fight.

we've seen what hall can do with the spinning kick,christ he nearly killed that guy in the tuf house with it,but he couldn't put moose away with it. i think vitor is in big trouble here,and like a lot of fans,i love first round vitor.

They are made for eachother. This fight alligns all the stars like Goldie would say.

That shot Hall hit Moose with didn't KO him, and it would have put away almost anyone. I don't understand how that makes him bad or something? At this point in their careers Hall is a way more dangerous striker than Vitor. Mousasi is better at everything.

Well he got spinning back kicked to the face while going for a TD, then got flying kneed and then got ground and pounded....and still wasn't knocked out...

Vitor is always dangerous in the first round...he has to watch out for the first 5min.

It seems like Vitor always only kinda wins fights early and when his opponent survived the storm or showed him right away that his stuff is not going to work out like he is used from the gym he BREAKS!

Example:
Armbar against Jones didn't work...kept just pull of guard until he got finished.
Jacare took him down after Vitor didn't got the finish...got easily mounted and finished with barely doing something against it.
Weidman....survived the storm...took him down..easy mount...tko

And i think that this will happen again...Gegard staying calm in an early flurry by belfort and then Gegard will take over and win the fight.

Vitor is allergic to adversity. The second that Moose starts to take over or gets an advantageous position Vitor will fold like a bad hand in poker.

Back