If Gus loses then it will be Gus vs DC for next title shot.

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If Rumble beats Gus then I can see the UFC putting together a Gus vs DC fight. That would be a good matchup and it allows Gus to get some top guys on his resume. The fight would make the most sense.

DC would win though.

If Rumble beats Gus then I can see the UFC putting together a Gus vs DC fight. That would be a good matchup and it allows Gus to get some top guys on his resume. The fight would make the most sense.

DC would win though.

Why wouldnt they just give Gus the shot they already attempted to give him? A win over another contender only increases his status.

Im aware that the UFC does some weird stuff but your logic is incredibly flawed as it is written.

Edit: Agreed, it would be a good matchup and sets up the winner for a potentially marketable rematch with Jones if he is still champ.

Last edited:
I think theyll just give Gus Evans and Davis to DC

I think the UFC really wants the Jones rematch, if Gustafsson loses this weekend, his next fight will be someone very beatable, someone outside the top 6 and maybe a fringe top 10

Indeed he did and I stand corrected, sorry TS, my bad.

No biggie. I just think Gus vs DC would be an awesome fight to see. It would be a win/win for the fans.

I think the UFC really wants the Jones rematch, if Gustafsson loses this weekend, his next fight will be someone very beatable, someone outside the top 6 and maybe a fringe top 10

You see that is the PROBLEM.

Gus has already fought enough guys that are on the fringe :icon_lol: In fact most of his resume is on the fringe.

Give Gus legitimate fights and quit padding his resume with bottom level guys. If he didn't have so much of that then I could possibly be a fan if he beat some of the top level guys....but he hasn't.

Most likely, either rematch is marketable, although I'd say Gus Jones II is where it's at right now. Also there aren't exactly an abundance of legitimate contenders at 205 after Gus, DC and Rumble.

And Gus beats DC imo

Likewise if Gus wins I can see them putting together Rumble/DC fight for next shot, unless Rumble looks awful in the loss. In that case if would be the winner of Bader/Phil going up against DC for next.

The best fight the best and whomever comes out on top gets the title shot that's how it works.

I just said Gus will win 94% of the time.

After Rumble/Gus vs Jones I am pretty sure they will let Jones fight a HW fight instead of throwing him another repeat.

Unless Rumble/Gus wins

No it'll be Bader/Phil winner most likely.

Unless Chael comes back, or if Vitor uses TRT, or if Machida moves back up for a title fight. Or if the UFC re-signs Stephan Bonnar. A re-match would be big money.

This is the second thread with the same stupid premise. If Rumble beats Guy then Rumble gets Jones (if he doesn't get suspended, which he should) or DC for the belt (if Jones get stripped).

I won money on Jones vs DC so I ain't a Jones basher, but alot of shit goin on with the coke and possibly the T-Levels.

Bottom line is Rumble passes Gus IF he wins.

You see that is the PROBLEM.

Gus has already fought enough guys that are on the fringe :icon_lol: In fact most of his resume is on the fringe.

Give Gus legitimate fights and quit padding his resume with bottom level guys. If he didn't have so much of that then I could possibly be a fan if he beat some of the top level guys....but he hasn't.

Shogun was ranked high when he fought him, and around that time there was no one higher available to fight. Henderson was considered for a title shot too and he was always injured, Rashad injured, Nogueira injured, and he wouldn't really fight Davis. That only left guys who are outside the top 5 and are fringe top 10...Bader and company. The division hasn't exactly been stacked until DC and Rumble came over... Which has been after Alex's first title shot

DC would win though.

Cormier is not getting a shitle tot that quickly.

Likewise if Gus wins I can see them putting together Rumble/DC fight for next shot, unless Rumble looks awful in the loss. In that case if would be the winner of Bader/Phil going up against DC for next.

Yes very interesting. But if Gus looks awful they could make Gus fight Phil instead.

Back