If Gus beats Cormier...

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
will DC go back to HW? Especially if Cain doesn't win the rematch against Werdum?

No, he'll rematch. I think he will go back to HW when/if Cain loses to Werdum again.

Then again, I could see him going for a superfight against Weidman if he beats Rockhold.

If he loses to Gus he loses he chance at a Jones rematch. He'll most likely get really depressed and retire.

Immediate rematch of course. Like most times when the title changes, you have to beat the same guy again for it to be legit.

If he loses to Gus he loses he chance at a Jones rematch. He'll most likely get really depressed and retire.

LoL at UFC, are you sure about that? They give title shot to anyone with a mouth not named bisping ;0

LoL at UFC, are you sure about that? They give title shot to anyone with a mouth not named bisping ;0

No I'm not but I wouldn't mind seeing it play out either way. If he gets depressed and retires he'll carry that scar for the rest of his life. If he gets a BS title shot against Jones, loses yet again the butthurt and negative fan feedback will be even greater and he'll be even more depressed. Either way it's enjoyable drama for me.

UghUgh will arise from the banned scrap heap and rejoice...only to be re-banned

I dont think so, I think he wants to fight Jones again and go for the title at LHW

I dont think so, I think he wants to fight Jones again and go for the title at LHW
Agreed. As he's said multiple times, he feels he and Jones are intertwined, and there is money to be made in that grudge match.

Edit: Now if Jones moves up? That would be interesting.

Jones fight 100%. That was the original fight for jones. It was supposed to be jones vs. gus 2 before gus got injured. - he technically already had the shot. Im fine with Bones vs. DC/GUS II either one

Naw, I think DC fights the winner of Bader/Evans while Jones fights Gus in Sweden if Jones comes back sooner than later.

No...Immediate rematch seem to be the on;y play the UFC has these days.

Back