If Gus beats Cormier he will hold the real Belt !

Depends on who scored it. :icon_chee

official judges had it this way:

Judge Chris Lee

Rd. 1: Gustafsson 10-9

Rd. 2: Jones 10-9

Rd. 3: Jones 10-9

Rd. 4: Jones 10-9

Rd. 5: Jones 10-9

Judge Richard Bertrand

Rd. 2: Jones 10-9

Rd. 3: Gustafsson 10-9

Judge Doug Crosby

Rd. 2: Gustafsson 10-9

Rd. 3: Jones 10-9

MMAmania: Jones (48-47)

FOX Sports: Jones (48-47)

Sports Illustrated: Jones (48-47)

CBS Sports: Gustafsson (48-47)

ESPN: Jones (48-47)

Las Vegas Sun: Jones (49-46)

Los Angeles Times: Jones (48-47)

MMA Fighting: Jones (49-46)

Yahoo Sports: Jones (48-47)

Bleacher Report: Jones (49-46)

Bloody Elbow: Jones (49-46)

MMA Weekly: Jones (48-47)

I had Jones winning 3,4,5. I am neither a Jones or Hendricks fan. Still had Hendricks winning vs GSP and Lawler.

In the UFC the champions are forced to fight whoever the UFC deems worthy, no paper champs like in boxing. The UFC does not gain anything by protecting fighters. The brand is the UFC not Jones.

Looking at it now, Gus had 2/3 rounds on two scorecards and was winning that 4th round. You can only imagine if that spinning elbow didnt land for Jones in the 4th round how different things would be now. Funny how one scenario in a fight can drastically change history.

I stopped being a fan of Gus when he did nothing but cry and moan after he lost to Jones. Then he gets completely destroyed by a very beatable AJ, after talking so much shit.

doesnt_make_any_sense_anchorman.gif

close fight, but jones took it the last round. Ppl hate to much at Jones but he is one of the very best fighters in the world. He just took DC soul for fck sake.

The belt is made out of paper as long as Jones is still out there doing whatever it is he's doing, and hasn't been beat. No, being fantasy-beat doesn't count. Having a very close fight doesn't mean you've been beat. Some people thinking you lost doesn't mean you lost.

Jones is no longer the champ, he showed that he was unable to maintain the level of professionalism and adhere to the code of conduct he agreed to, and as such, he was stripped of his title and placed on an indefinite hiatus. Till such time as he has his return fight booked, he is a non-entity in the division. Whether he would or wouldn't beat whomever is the current champ is irrelevant, much like it is for Welterweight and GSP.

Give the belt to Mark hamill already while we are at it!! He was the only one who "beat" JBJ!

Yes all problems solved now

Cormier is the real champ.

Gus beat Jones.
Gus defended against Manuwa. (LOL)
Gus lost title to Rumble.
Rumble lost title to DC.

So pretty much Gustafsson is going to be the 1 to bring the legitimacy back to the Light Heavyweight Division !

Who else feels the same ?

You can "believe and feel" as much as you want. It's not gonna change reality.

Yes.

Regardless of what you mention, there's no paper belt. DC holds the real belt (like it or not) only Jones nutthuggers would disagreed.

I "disagree" that Jones lost against DC.

This Man right here is saying the truth people

Well since dmc is actually part of the NSAC judging comity he's gotta be right, huh?

It's great that we have a Sherdogger that is so well connected and states the facts that he help create in the commission.

If gus gets the belt and jones eventually fights him, he'll have to do better than their first fight to get gus' belt.

This Man right here is saying the truth people

No he is not Gus gave him the fight of his life but Jon's heart and cardio pulled him through. If gus had a better gas tank he could have won. Gus won 1 and 3 there is no denying that but jones took 2 4 and 5. He pulled though.

Give the belt to Mark hamill already while we are at it!! He was the only one who "beat" JBJ!

Yes all problems solved now

Mark Hamill?

Dude, he would have had to use a light saber to beat Jon Jones.

latest

Ill deny it ... especially since Daniel Cormier WON the second round.

The fight was competitive but Jones pretty much handled DC. He basically said to DC "You wanna wrestle lets do it, ill beat you at it" Same thing with striking. DC was desperate for one last TD in the 5th for a moral victory after being dumped on his butt twice in the 4th. Jones let him waste a ton of energy going for the TD, only to pop right back up and put him on the fence.

I had it 4-1 Jones..

Looking at it now, Gus had 2/3 rounds on two scorecards and was winning that 4th round. You can only imagine if that spinning elbow didnt land for Jones in the 4th round how different things would be now. Funny how one scenario in a fight can drastically change history.

Or you could imagine if it landed at the start of the round, Gus would have been finished. Or you could imagine that the elbow landed on Gus' nose instead of the top of his head. That would have broken Gus' face. Things work out like they do.

Regardless of imagination, Jones threw down and pulled it out like a champ. Gus wilted and lost. No amount of imagination is going to change that reality.

I think you're mistaken TS. Jones is the lineal champ because he beat Shogun, then defended against Rampage, Machida, Rashad, TRTtor, Sonnen, Gustafson, Texeira and Cormier.

Gustafson is not the lineal champ, as he lost to Jones, beat Manuwa, then lost to Rumble.

Perhaps you got their records confused?

Since many people (including myself) believe that Gus beat Jones back in 2013 he will not have a " Paper " Belt when he beats DC. He is going to be the real legit champ since he has already prooven that hes at the level of Jones (or even better)

So pretty much Gustafsson is going to be the 1 to bring the legitimacy back to the Light Heavyweight Division !

Who else feels the same ?

article-2433531-18288CAB00000578-38_634x417.jpg

Cormier holds the real belt because Jon Jones is incapable of holding it.

Gus lost to Jones anyway, wonderful fight and i loved watching Jones get hit but he pulled it out and Gus faded.

Clear 48-47.

Back