If GSP returns: is a possibility a dream fight "Rush vs Dragon"

Charlitos1988

Purple Belt
Reaction score
At catchweight?

I want so bad to see a classical clash of Karate most representatives styles

Gsp (Kyokushin) vs Machida (Shotokan)

of course they are MMA fighters but their base is Karate.

As a GSP fan, he ducked AS and he would avoid the Dragon as well...

GSP will say he is too big. But I have always wanted to see that fight. I think Machida takes it.

Only BJ Penn takes those kind of challenges.

(He fought Lyoto)

Machida is the only fighter at 185 or below that I would pick to beat GSP. Machida's legendary TDD along with his size would be a problem for GSP.

GSP can't take Machida down and Machida would keep getting out of the range of the jab,so GSP likely will lose

Machida has expressed interest in this fight back when he was all the way up at 205, even said he'd make 170

Machida is the only fighter at 185 or below that I would pick to beat GSP. Machida's legendary TDD along with his size would be a problem for GSP.
You think GSP would beat Weidman, Vitor, Rockhold, Jacare?

I would love to see it. GSP would never fight someone out of his weight class though.

GSP can't take Machida down and Machida would keep getting out of the range of the jab,so GSP likely will lose

I think Gsp will go with a plan similar to Shogun, with tons of low kicks and remember Gsp's low kicks are the fastest and most powerful in WW.

but Machida's TDD will be the best he ever faced.

I just don't see how this is a dream fight, or how it would ever happen.

Would love to see it.

But Machida will be MW champ by the time GSP returns

He wasn't offered the fight, Dana said it was nonsense and told him to focus on Jon Jones

Machida never said he would fight GSP at 170. Machida said if GSP wanted to move to 185 that he would love to drop down from 205 to meet him. This was back in 2012 after GSP beat Condit.

Back