If GSP loses, do you think he will get an immediate rematch for the belt?

Anderson was ktfo and got one. I would like to hear Dana try to justify making GSP work for one.

Yup. GSP also consistenly fights better competition than Anderson so I don't see why he wouldn't get one.

I hate rematches but good ol dana has set the precedent now. Now matter how badly you lose if you were a long time champ you get a rematch.

Sorry if asked before, but I feel he will for sure get one. I hate these rematches though. I would rather GSP work his way back up. What do you think?

I think he'd get one, but depending on how he lost I think he might retire.

11 straight wins since 2007 all in dominant fashion, yeah he'd get his rematch if he wanted it.

He would deserve an immediate rematch, but he won't ask for one until he in confident that he has fixed whatever caused him to lose.

They didn't even fight yet and you wanna talk about what should happen after he loses?

He probably would because there are so many senseless people following and runing this sport but no, he shouldn't get an immediate rematch. The only caveat is if it ends in controversy. I could see why they gave Anderson one but I dont think he shouldve either. I dont care how dominant someone was as a champ, unless the fight ends with controversy NO ONE deserves an immediate rematch. That's as bad an idea as "you have to beat the chaml convincingly to take the belt."

The belt should favor no one.

I don't like immediate rematches, but if anybody would deserve one GSP would. Kind of a moot point as GSP is going to win the fight.

Yes, and he'd come back as GSP 3.0 and start finishing fools again.

Last edited:
IMO 7 or more title defenses or 5 years as champ gets you an immediate rematch.

This seems quite fair if the UFC was inclined to add this to their policy. The only bad thing I can see is a case like Cruz where hes been out for nearly 2 years and is still Champion

Just a saw a fight the other night between two unknown fighters in some small promotion. One was just like Hendricks, likes to throw big haymakers. The other was like GSP with striking and wrestling. Both were equal in mind as fighters. The Hendricks clone threw these punches that would've KOed Velasquez but all the GSP clone did was timed by ducking underneath the punches then took the guy down. The GSP clone later submitted the Hendricks clone. I know GSP will win the fight but seeing that fight and how good GSP is and how bad wrestlers are like Hendricks on their backs, there is no doubt GSP will win. So my answer is a question instead, 'how far down the ladder does Hendricks fall after eating GSP's GNP?'.

I only agree with immediate rematches if the PPV buys were amazing and if it was a close fight or a quick fluke KO. I don't agree with a 3rd fight (rematch) between CV and JDS given the one-sided beating JDS took. Edgar getting rematches and so on made so much sense.

I'd hope so.

It'd be fun to hear the reason though why Silva would get one if GSP didn't..

If somehow he lose , he get immidiate rematch and probably commit the first full murder in the octogone as retribution .

Yes. Anderson got one after losing in embarrassing fashion. Dana would have a lot of explaining to do if GSP were to not get a rematch because I guarantee that if he were to lose, it wouldn't be the way Andy did.

He doesn't deserve one if finished but neither did Silva so it would be unfair to deny him . Hendricks already said he'd give GSP a rematch and I think Dana would be more than happy to oblige him.

Back