If GSP loses, do you think he will get an immediate rematch for the belt?

TrumanBurbank

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sorry if asked before, but I feel he will for sure get one. I hate these rematches though. I would rather GSP work his way back up. What do you think?

I think he'd probably just retire. Nothing more for him to accomplish except break more records.

Anderson was ktfo and got one. I would like to hear Dana try to justify making GSP work for one.

Why would he work his way back up? To prove he can beat the guys he's been beating for 6 years?

IMO 7 or more title defenses or 5 years as champ gets you an immediate rematch.

I think he would retire. I can't picture GSP fighting as a non-champion. Maybe because Anderson has had non title fights after he became champ it doesn't seem as odd to me. Seeing GSP as just another WW contender would be strange.

unless he was ragdolled and hendricks gets a flawless victory then i think he'd get an immediate rematch.

Sorry if asked before, but I feel he will for sure get one. I hate these rematches though. I would rather GSP work his way back up. What do you think?

Why do you hate him earning an immediate rematch? He's been the dominant welterweight in the world over the past decade and has been a cash cow for Dana and the Fertittas. Plus, except for a few months, he's been the UFC champ since late 2006. He and Anderson are guys who have earned the right to demand immediate rematches - particularly as they are both now in their 30s.

100% what's he supposed to do reclear out the division?

He better get one, even if he gets outclassed and KO'd.

Depends. If he gets KOd out of nowhere or loses a close decision I don't think it would be terrible to give him one. If he gets thoroughly dominated for a decision or consistently tagged and hurt before eventually being finished I would say maybe not, although it would still be hard to not want to give him one since he's been dominating everyone else for so long.

I dont see why not, & I doubt GSP loses

I think if a champ get 4 or more title def, then he will get an immediate rematch, so yes but GSP maybe retires soon so idk

The answer depends on how much money the UFC stands to make on a rematch, vs him working his way back up. Whichever is the better decision financially for the UFC is what will happen. It won't have anything more or less to do with GSP than it does their bottom line.

Rematch and retire regardless of outcome.

He would deserve an immediate rematch, but he won't ask for one until he in confident that he has fixed whatever caused him to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back