If GSP did return, reality is...

The only thing Nick showed in that fight was that he had better cardio than GSP in the long run, but he beats probably everyone at that. GSP would be my favorite champion candidate if he returned.

Condit out cardio d Nick in their fight. Nick noticeably slowed down in the third round on. Either he was getting tired or the "baby leg kicks" were hurting him

I think Lawler can handily best GSP on the feet by negating his jab and has improved his takedown defense enough to defend a good amount of GSP's TDs. Eh, most people felt that he should've beat Lawler in the rematch even if it wasn't his best performance. The Wonderboy fight I think he was just really outclassed on the feet because Wonderboy is a stud and that's coming from a former non believer.

Definitely the type of striker that WW has never seen. Those guys give GSP trouble, but I think GSP would beat Woodley, Brown, and Condit again.

Truth is, GSP is probably a better striker then Robbie.

He's been away too long, needs a tune up. Whoever but GSP hasn't taken too much punishment through out his car-rear. He could comeback and win the belt but reinging is another question.

GSP would maul them into oblivion... *cough* decision *cough*

GSP is MMA. GSP is the boss. GSP, GSP, GSP.

*Points to his username*

GSP still can be top 3 at least. I actually think if he returns in great shape he can get his belt back. His work ethic is unparalleled + Firas will be in his corner.
His work ethic is absolutely not unparalleled. There are literally at least 20 fighters who are known to work harder

Nah... GSP's fight with Johnny was close but GSP clearly won in my opinion. I had him winning even before the fight ended. Was a close one though and props to Johnny for hanging in there. Lawler would be a really good fight. Condit should have had the belt though.

GSP would murk the entire fucking division. Hendricks is the one shooting for the bottom and that's why Wonderboy ran through him.

Gsp was in decline when he left and he knows it and that's why he left. Meanwhile everyone else has gotten better. There's no taking away what he was and what he did but he loses to Lawler, Condit, Wonderboy, and Hendricks if he returns...

Truth is, GSP is probably a better striker then Robbie.
Haha GSP is not even a decent striker post Serra. He only had a jab. The fact GSP couldn't finish Koschek after the first round was 4 rounds of the most pathetic display of striking in MMA history. Edit: worse than Jake Shields and worse than Brock.

Condit out cardio d Nick in their fight. Nick noticeably slowed down in the third round on. Either he was getting tired or the "baby leg kicks" were hurting him
I'm having a hard time believing Nick was running out of gas, but who knows. Condit is a cardio machine too for sure.

The shorter Hendricks stood with GSP, the key being he had the grappling to make it possible. That is what it comes down to, would Wonderboy be able to keep it standing against GSP, I think he would. He has better footwork/range control than Hendricks. He is a lengthier fighter, meaning GSP is the one who would have to get inside. & he was able to nullify Hendricks wrestling, a fighter who arguably beat GSP in both the standup and grappling. I think Wonderboy has proven he is a threat to every single fighter in the division, including the late great GSP. Thompson wouldn't be relying on a single hard shot. I don't know what makes you think that, that is never been how he fights. He isn't a punchers chance kind of a fighter. He is a very technical striker who picks his opponents apart. He would fight GSP the same way he fought Hendricks. Defend the takedown, control the range, keep GSP on the outside, use his footwork/length/superior striking against a fight who needs to get inside on him. Hendricks would stick and move against GSP. If GSP could not get him down, I think Wonderboy's striking would take over in this fight.
You're right that relying on a single strike isn't his style, but he only has about 45 seconds before he would be on his back each round. Hendricks did not out grapple gsp.

People forget how gun shy elite strikers get once Georges takes them down. I doubt Lawler would be standing much of they fought.

Any version of Hendricks that's fought since GSP retired would have gotten absolutely mauled by St.Pierre. I thought he should have gotten the nod at the time, but now we know it was nothing more than a fluke performance that he is incapable of repeating in the current mma landscape, for some reason..

More like you need to wake up and realize GSP was already slower and far more Hittable post surgery.

He left cuz he knew he was going to get beat and beat often if he stayed.

You're right that relying on a single strike isn't his style, but he only has about 45 seconds before he would be on his back each round. Hendricks did not out grapple gsp.

I said he arguably beat GSP in both the standup and grappling. The grappling was competitive, therefor it could be argued either way. But if you think grappling/wrestling in MMA is simply counting Takedowns, then you probably won't see it that way.

If Tim Kennedy can wrestle fuck Lawler I'd wager GSP could as well.

GSP has 10,000,000+ reasons to come back. And that number is only going up as the number of dominant/popular champions dwindles.

If he comes back I think it´ll b in the 155 div. He´d dominate

People forger how good of a gameplanner GSP is. While there is no way to tell where he is at in regards to his physical skills, he would certainly come in prepared to fight and beat anyone

I said he arguably beat GSP in both the standup and grappling. The grappling was competitive, therefor it could be argued either way. But if you think grappling/wrestling in MMA is simply counting Takedowns, then you probably won't see it that way.
There is no argument for Hendricks being the superior grappler in that fight.

Back