If GSP did return, reality is...

and when he fought Nick, Nick didn't put together any kind of a fight for the first few rounds. Once he kicked in though he looked like he could of owned Georges..

You must be talking about the first few rounds, as in the first five rounds. I guess in your Shertard mind Nick started owning GPS in the 6th?

George dominated on the feet in every round, and dominated on the ground in every round. Not only did he win every round, he won every minute of every round. He made Nick look like the one dimensional plodder he is.

He got beaten by Hendricks (in my opinion), and when he fought Nick, Nick didn't put together any kind of a fight for the first few rounds. Once he kicked in though he looked like he could of owned Georges..

For him to survive against Lawler, Wonderboy, would be shocking now. Also the reality that the current Condit, did beat Lawler in their fight.
He beat Hendricks when Hendricks refused to do random testing and made Nick his bitch for 5 full rounds where Nick gave up and accepted defeat, Nick broke.

(Clearing throat) Hrrrrmmm, PED testing.

There, I said it.
I agree, PED testing has destroyed Hendricks. GSP was doing PED testing already and still beat Hendricks. Hendricks can barely make weight now. GSP would be a huge favorite against everyone even after the hiatus.

So once Nick "kicked in" he looked like he could have owned GSP, yet he still lost every round including the late ones? How the fuck does that make any sense? You even saying that makes it look like you just have a bias against GSP.

Reality is, GSP would likely be champ still if he was fighting today
The only thing Nick showed in that fight was that he had better cardio than GSP in the long run, but he beats probably everyone at that. GSP would be my favorite champion candidate if he returned.

Lol at Nick looking like "he could have owned Georges".

Here I was thinking this thread was about reality

I still think Lawler is a very bad matchup for GSP

I hope he comes back. I think he can get his belt back. Either way he's good for the sport. Humble champ.

I do believe Wonderboy with his improved wrestling via Weidman would give GSP big problems, but GSP beats Condit again. Styles make fights, Condit gave Lawler a fight because he didn't have to worry about being taken down. Lawler would give GSP more problems than Condit because he has pretty good TDD/scrambles.

The fighters who can give GSP problems are fighters who are well rounded fighter. They have to be able to both Strike and Grapple with GSP. That is why Hendricks arguably beat GSP, because he could fight him anywhere the fight went. Compared to the rest of GSP's resume, all his opponents were very good but were able to be exploited because they weren't well rounded. Koscheck, Shields, Fitch were grapplers who lacked technical striking. So GSP makes them stand and picks em apart. Strikers like Condit or Diaz have good striking but lack the wrestling so GSP could take them down easily.

The guys who would give GSP a fight are Hendricks, Lawler, Lombard, Woodley, and Wonderboy. Because these are the only fighters who can both strike and hold their own in the grappling. .
Wonderboy hasn't earned the claim that he could stay on his feet against GSP yet. He couldn't completely dominate the range and pick gsp apart like he did to Hendricks. GSP's movement is way better than Hendricks'. I'd be confident that GSP could put him on his back repeatedly if they fought. Thompson would be relying on landing a hard shot at the beginning of a round.

I actually think present day GSP would have his hardest fight with Rory. I think Rory is the best WW currently.
He'd have a tough time with Rory, Lawler, Hendricks in a rematch, and possibly Wonderboy if he really takes time to work on his TDD. And yeah I honestly think Rory is top 3 in terms of skill. Let's hope that second Lawler fight didn't take too much out of him.

I don't see anyone beating him. He's just too big and strong for anyone to handle his ground and pound game. Sure someone could Serra him but 9/10 times he wins like before.

TS, Nicks best punches were after the round was over and GSP was letting him up. GSP made Diaz his bitch that night. I suggest you watch the fight again without the blinders on.

Back