1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If GSP comes back...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Snyper, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Snyper

Snyper Orange Belt

Wouldn't it make sense that he fight Hendrick first? I mean, Hendricks is the one who sent GSP onto a shrinks couch and the reason GSP abandoned his throne. It would answer a lot questions regarding his mental state as well as his physical condition and ability to still compete at the elite level. Also, since most of sherdog has deemed "post USADA Hendricks" as a bum, it would be a very winnable fight for GSP, would help him "tune up" for a title fight while also giving Johny the chance to wipe away his controversial loss to GSP, which I personally feel he won.

Thoughts?

lalaland likes this.
  2. Sonny Qc

Sonny Qc Gold Belt

post USADA Hendricks isn't the same fighter that fought Gsp + he can't make weight now.

Gsp might be the G.O.A.T
    He can fight whoever he want.

#Gspwouldbeatwoodley

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Black Belt

I would love to see Georges fight the current champ. Wonder boy would be my first choice for Woodley tho and I am not sure it would be wise for Georges to come back to the UFC.

people are making Hendricks out to be a bum now and I think he has made some mistakes but he could rise up again if his power was not just the product of ped's

4. Clear Winner

Clear Winner Big Poppa Pars

Nobody (apart from you, TS) wants to see that fight. Hendricks is not a draw at all these days, so best to have GSP fight a big name. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Lawler, Tyron or Wonder Boy, but not Big Rigg.

5. Drew314

Drew314 Green Belt

I hate to be that guy, but you must be new to MMA. GSP was sent in to retirement by GSP. He was mentally checked out well before the Hendricks fight, with rumors he was announcing retirement after the fight before it happened. Hendricks was never that special. Mere months before he fought GSP, he arguably lost to Koscheck, barely taking SD over Kos and Mike Pierce. GSP took major damage in that fight, but he still won on points. And don't think it was as close as it was because of Hendrick's skill. I hate to use the word "prime GSP", but GSP in the right mindset would have easily beat Hendricks in that fight. Everybody just jumped on the Hendricks train because he made GSP look human. But don't fool yourself in to thinking he did that to GSP at his best.

bjjatx, The Accuser and peterparker66 like this.
  6. TS, GSP normally fights top 5 ranked fighters who are on the longest winning streaks of their career.

heatbag likes this.
  7. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

nice join date do you mind manning up and posting under your real account ???

The Accuser likes this.
  8. The Accuser

The Accuser Yellow Card Yellow Card

A voluntarily and thoroughly tested GSP already beat a test declining Hendricks even if only narrowly. Since USADA came in Hendricks can't even make weight, gets finished in the first round and loses to a top 10-15 fighter. The only thing Hendricks even improved on is his excuse making skills. So what would be the point of a rematch, except enjoying watching GSP beat down a Hendricks on burgers without fries?