If GSP comes back who does he fight in his first fight back?

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who does GSP fight in his first fight back? I was gonna say Condit but he will probably be the Champ when GSP comes back so idk if GSP gets a straight title shot or tune up fight first ? Thoughts?

The money fight for GSP if he chooses to remain in the WW division is whomever the champion is. Any other fight is just silly. Unless it's a third fight with Serra, but you'd have to hate Serra for that to happen and why would anyone hate Serra?

loser of hendricks vs. woodley

Whoever he wants

Gsp vs. Ronda & conor

GSP vs. Robbie after defence against Condit

Whoever he wants in the division.

I figure he can gauge where he's at via training with Rory.

connor fans will insist that gsp fights connor because connor can KO him

IMO he needs to fight to the title immediately, much like Jon Jones situation. If he wants to take it easy on the return maybe a fight with DHK or Demian

Over-analysis leads to paralysis. Every day GSP isn't fighting, he's thinking "is my ring rust getting worse?" "Is the game passing me by?" "Can I handle these younger guys?" "Will I embarrass myself and my alien overlords in my return fight?"

So yeah, GSP is not coming back. He's only being vague to keep the potential of his return as a talking point so there is enough interest in him still for sponsors to be paying him good money, and he's going to drag this out for as long as possible. Don't buy into it for a second.

A hypothetical GSP comeback fight thread mixed in with a speculative Condit will already be champ comment = SHIT thread.

So many fantasies...

he left while still champ, that pretty much makes it an interim belt if and when he decides to come back.

anderson got immediate rematch after getting KTFO, velasquez is getting one after getting dummied by werdum, how could they not give GSP an immediate shot upon return?

then again, very little of what the ufc does these days makes any logical sense.

Nick Diaz

LOL no. gsp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>diaz

stupid diaz fanboy

GSP is never coming back, face it. He has no motivation, and no real desire to compete, all he talks about is how he doesn't need or want to come back at this point in time, so I don't think you will ever see him compete again.

loser of hendricks vs. woodley

Probably makes the most sense. I'd be fine with an immediate tite fight too though. Or if GSP wanted to fight for the title again but wanted a tune up fight first, like the winner of Gastellum vs Brown, then he should get it.

If he came back the two WW fights that should defnitely happen would be GSP vvs Hendricks II and vs Lawler. I think both those guys probably beat GSP though.

GSP is never coming back, face it. He has no motivation, and no real desire to compete, all he talks about is how he doesn't need or want to come back at this point in time, so I don't think you will ever see him compete again.

sad but true. he doesn't even want to compete at metamoris when chael asked him in an interview. it's like training is just a hobby for him now.

Back