If GSP beats Khabib, he is the undisputed GOAT

Travis Fulton has 255 wins - including win streaks of 22, 28, and 40.

These wins span over both LHW and HW.

GOAT!

I know you're kidding.

Quality of opposition is assumed.

First people have to decide what they're arguing. Determine the criteria for the label. Everyone has their own.

Look at the hockey examples. Wayne is probably the best, but Mario was more physically gifted, lost time to cancer (and still beat out Lafontaine for the scoring title that year) and didn't play with the Oilers, so there's wiggle room. As for Orr, it's been said that five of him beats five of any other player that ever played because Orr could do it all. If that's what matters, he's your pick for GOAT.

In MMA, there are people that put a premium on dynamic styles and finishes, these are critical to the discussion. Personally, my sole criteria is ability to win in a weight class, and I think GSP is the undisputed king where that's concerned.
Mario may not have played with the Oilers, but he did play with the second all time leading scorer, the fifth all time leading scorer and the second all time leading defenceman (so did Wayne though). It's all subjective, but we saw both Mario and Wayne play on the same team on the same line in 87 and Wayne was clearly the better player

Rain will fall upwards before the night GSP enters an octagon with Khabib

Now, if he lose, will you guys shut up about the decisionator?

It really doesn't matter, as it's not happening. You should really take advantage and say it loud n' clear to make people believe you like GSP because he was a good fighter and not because you're canadian.

I know you're kidding.

Quality of opposition is assumed.

Why would that be assumed? You said "my sole criteria is ability to win in a weight class". Sole criteria means the only one, does it not? Not sure why anything would be assumed?

If we're assuming, why would how they won these matches in their division not be assumed? Why would world records not be assumed?

Starting to get weird.

Last edited:
Its pretty much impossible to be the undisputed GOAT in any sport. People argue Mario and Orr over Gretzky in Hockey. People argue Kareem and Lebron over Jordan in Basketball. People argue Ali over SRR in Boxing. And people will argue Fedor/Jones over GSP in MMA even if he beats Khabib
No they don't. Gretzky is the answer. Period.

He's got the record for goals, assists, and obviously points.

The idiots try to counter argue points per-game, or goals per-game, but they fail to realize that athletes retiring early "inflate" their per-game stats. It's very well known that athletes decline in the last 5-10 years of their careers, so naturally their per-game stats are going to decrease as they play closer to 40.

If you take 2 identical NHL players, one that plays from ages 20-30, and the other from 20-40, the 20-30 will have higher per-game stats. When you do an unbiased analysis, such as taking their best 5-10 years, they would be the same. And when you do that analysis with Gretzky, he is by far the best.

Bobby Orr retired at 30, and Mario retired at 32. Gretzky retired at 38. Lemieux' best 2 seasons are 85 goals and 199 points + 70 goals and 168 points. Gretzky has 4 seasons over 200 points, and his 2 best season are 92 and 87 goals -- both of which beat Mario's best.

Bobby Orr is the best defenseman, but not the best player.

Why would that be assumed? You said "my sole criteria is ability to win in a weight class". Sole criteria means the only one, does it not? Not sure why anything be assumed?

If we're assuming, why would how they won these matches in their division not be assumed? Why would world records not be assumed?

Starting to get weird.

It's not getting weird, you're arguing semantics.

It's assumed because it's so basic. No argument regarding how good a fighter is ignores quality of opposition, in fact quality of opposition is probably the single most common criticism of fighters in this discussion.

In any case, I assume it as a factor, and I was describing my own considerations, so if you want to get your rocks off arguing about how I described my own process, you go right ahead.

Mario may not have played with the Oilers, but he did play with the second all time leading scorer, the fifth all time leading scorer and the second all time leading defenceman (so did Wayne though). It's all subjective, but we saw both Mario and Wayne play on the same team on the same line in 87 and Wayne was clearly the better player

They're different kinds of players, and they compliment each other.

Mario off Gretzky for the gold was poetry.

NO - THE RUINING PART came at the expense of decling fights to the #2, #3 and #4 fighters after getting belt (Romero, mousasi, and souza) and then accepting a fight with the #15 68 year old Henderson in which he ,lol, got razor thin decision while wearing all damage then continued to avoid and drag his feet until he got his money grab fight vs GSP. A fight where the 4 year off the shelf WELTER was actually a -170 favorite. OK - the division was held hostage for a significant period of time by a coward ( that's not fighter bashing, it's the truth and privileged truth at that so consider yourself privileged).

I just dish it - no bias , no nothing.

Laughable that you say you have no bias and call Bisping a "coward" in the same paragraph.

This is prize fighting and Bisping fought the best of the best for years doing plenty of favours for the UFC along the way including fighting Rockhold on two weeks notice to save a card.

He got to the top of the mountain after plenty of injuries, wars and losing most of the vision in his right eye from fighting roided Vitor Belfort.

He got himself to the position where he could ask for money fights and wouldn't you want revenge on the guy who turned you into his own logo?

You don't know shit about basketball. Jordan lost to a 59 win Bucks team as a rookie then to arguably the greatest team ever in the Bird Celtics, then to another of team that can be argued as one of the greatest ever in the bad boy Pistons. Learn your shit before making yourself look retarded

Jordan is BY FAR the best mix of winning and personal accomplishments. Russell and Chamberlain played in the NBA when it was still new and underdeveloped. Plus the Celtics had more talent on their team then the other 5 teams combined. Of course they were going to win every year. Kareem played his prime when the NBA talent was low and split with the ABA. Then he played second fiddle to Magic when the leagues merged.

And i like Lebron and have him 3d or 4th best, but his complete lack of ability to play off ball makes him tough to play with unless you are a spot up shooter. Its a massive weakness that will always keep him from being close to Jordan

Whoa there, a little testy, no? Are you upset that you had to take Jordan’s cock out of your mouth long enough to respond to me?

It’s not enough that I acknowledge that he is in the conversation? I have to say that he is the clear-cut GOAT with no argument for anyone else?

It’s funny how people will criticize the 80s for being full of unathletic white people and then give Jordan a pass for losing to the Celtics because it was a super team. Celtics were mainly white guys.

Also, Kareem didn’t play second fiddle to a Magic. Kareem out scored Magic until
The 1986-87 season, by which point he was almost 40 and still scored 17.5 PPG. Do you even know basketball?

l’ll just leave this here for you to browse at your leisure.

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/index.htm

Jordan was in his rookie-sophmore years at the time. Compare the players Jordan faced and Johnson/Kareem/Russel faced and its not even remotely close. Not to sound racist, but it was mainly unathletic White dudes who were still playing during the Kareem/Johnson/Russel era.

There is no Kareem/Johnson/Russell era. Russell retired before Kareem entered the NBA.

Jordan couldn’t even make the finals until he had a lot of help. Even Scottie Pippen was not enough. It was Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant that made the difference. The defense and rebounding that Grant brought to the table made a huge difference. This is why the Bulls didn’t make it to the finals in the first year that Jordan returned. Grant was gone and they hadn’t picked up Rodman yet. The Rodman pick up for the 95-96 season made all the difference. Without Rodman there was no second three-peat. In fact, there’s a really good argument that Rodman deserved to be the 96 finals MVP over Jordan. Anyone who knows their basketball history and was actually there to see it knows this is true.

Jordan actually hasn’t done anything like what LeBron did in 2018. He willed a team to the finals that has no business being there. After the Cavaliers lost Kyrie, the team was not nearly as good and they were a fourth seed in the Eastern Conference. LeBron willed them to the finals. Yes they got swept, but they made the finals. Jordan never did anything like that. Lebron’s numbers were ridiculous. 34 PPG, 9 APG, 9 RPG with a 54% FG%.

You may still think Jordan is the GOAT and that’s fine but to say Lebron and Kareem aren’t in the discussion is ludicrous.

They're different kinds of players, and they compliment each other.

Mario off Gretzky for the gold was poetry.
It really was not fair. The dream team US basketball team may be the greatest sports team ever, but there has never been two players in sports more talented playing on the same line as Mario and Wayne

Laughable that you say you have no bias and call Bisping a "coward" in the same paragraph.

This is prize fighting and Bisping fought the best of the best for years doing plenty of favours for the UFC along the way including fighting Rockhold on two weeks notice to save a card.

He got to the top of the mountain after plenty of injuries, wars and losing most of the vision in his right eye from fighting roided Vitor Belfort.

He got himself to the position where he could ask for money fights and wouldn't you want revenge on the guy who turned you into his own logo?

Then this isnt a sport based on your post.

I COULD GIVE 2 FUCKS THAT MICHAEL BISPING WAS ON WRONG END OF ONE THE MORE EMBARRASSING KOS.

That should not give him the right ( this all at the time) to tell Romero to take a walk cause he believes hes cheating. If it were just the one decline then - fine,ok but still fight someone in top 5 or even 7. He doesn't stop there, title fight contract sent to fight the #3 mousasi and he tears it up and says .....and I quote " bisping mousasi is bad for business "...... " I'm the champ and I call the shots" . He doesnt stop there as he then is offered jacare but then claims he has some " arm injury" and cant commit. Lol- weeks go by and he signs to fight the 15th ranked 48 year old Henderson based on that silly justification....... and gets his arse kicked agsin as he thanks his lucky stars getting razor thin decision over a guy who the true elites at that time were running through Dan ( DC, mousasi etc .).

Yeah, hes a brave soul
GFTO and really go through his ledger and truly see him for what he was - a good solid fighter...... nothing more.
When SFORCE MIDDLES came over, he went from top 5 to top 12 [ Kennedy fight pretty much validates that].

Please bro - His fight ledger is filled with decision wins over mid level middleweights.

# letsbereal

Whoa there, a little testy, no? Are you upset that you had to take Jordan’s cock out of your mouth long enough to respond to me?

It’s not enough that I acknowledge that he is in the conversation? I have to say that he is the clear-cut GOAT with no argument for anyone else?

It’s funny how people will criticize the 80s for being full of unathletic white people and then give Jordan a pass for losing to the Celtics because it was a super team. Celtics were mainly white guys.

Also, Kareem didn’t play second fiddle to a Magic. Kareem out scored Magic until
The 1986-87 season, by which point he was almost 40 and still scored 17.5 PPG. Do you even know basketball?

l’ll just leave this here for you to browse at your leisure.

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/index.htm
Kareem outscored the pass first point guard? That's crazy haha. No shit he outscored the guy putting up 13 assists a game

Yeah he was second fiddle buddy. That's why he had 1 finals MVP and Magic had three. That's why magic has 3 regular season MVPs and Kareem had 1 when they played together.

And you already lost all credibility when you said the Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons were nobodies. You are way out of your depth

GSP is the GOAT. But its close between him Silva or Jones.

There is Stipe, DC, Khabib, Aldo or Demetrious Johnson as well and few others.

If he can beat Khabib at 155-165 he is the GOAT no doubts. But imagine if Khabib can beat Ferguson next and later GSP for 30-0 or even McGregor again or Gaethje for 30-0 then we have great argument that Khabib is the MMA GOAT.

Kareem outscored the pass first point guard? That's crazy haha. No shit he outscored the guy putting up 13 assists a game

Yeah he was second fiddle buddy. That's why he had 1 finals MVP and Magic had three. That's why magic has 3 regular season MVPs and Kareem had 1 when they played together.

And you already lost all credibility when you said the Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons were nobodies. You are way out of your depth

Please point out where I said the Celtics and bad boy Pistons were nobodies. I never said that. That’s not my view.

Magic was not a pass first point guard. He was a prolific and flashy passer but he was also a complete player who scored plenty. Also, Kareem was old and past his prime by the time he was playing with prime Magic. Kareem was already 32 at the start of Magic’s first season.

You’re literally showing that you know nothing about basketball.

That’s debatable and Gretzky was closer to his prime. Mario was 21.

Also, good as the Penguins were for a period of time, they didn’t compare with the 80’s Oilers.

I see it as a tough position for GSP. It would indeed be a legacy fight for GSP in the eyes of most fans and his peers, but even if he were to smash Khabib, never mind just beat him, it still won't sway his critics/haters (remember, many people will NEVER change their mind, once made up lol).

If GSP were to beat Khabib, his critics will simply marginalize the accomplishment by saying 'so what, he beat a LW'.

If GSP were to lose, then the Shertards will start crying 'overrated' and all the usual nonsense that follows when a top fighter who they don't like/support loses a fight.

It would be a great win...just don't expect it to create any consensus for GOAT.

He’s already the undisputed goat, you can’t expect that he beats the best guy on the roster while not being in his prime.

Back