If GSP beats Khabib, he is the undisputed GOAT

GSP is already the UFC GOAT and if at 40+ comes out of retirement after several surgeries and beats Khabib then all MMA GOAT conversations should be forever banished because he would be beyond unquestionable ... and would actually be in contention for general overall combat sports / martial arts / fighting GOAT.

Jordan is honestly the most complete GOAT there ever is and ever will be. You can't deny the 6 championships, 6 finals mvp, 5 mvps, changed the impact of the game, biggest sneaker, 73-9 record, fought in arguably the hardest era in basketball. Kareem and Magic dominated in an era against bums. Lebron has far too many flaws and isn't even better than Kobe Shaq Duncan.

I don't think anyone is even close to Jordan. But its not undisputed because lots of people argue for others

And come one man. There is ZERO argument for Kobe and probably Duncan being better then Lebron. Lebron is no Jordan, but Kobe is clearly not as good as Lebron. Lebron has him in every category besides rings and Shaq was by far the Lakers best player (peak Shaq is top 3 ever) for Kobe's first 3 rings. Kobe is an all time great and probably top 10, but he gets overrated because he is so popular and because so many people hate Lebron

LeBron is a 3-6 guy. He's never going to win another ring so he stat pads playing point guard. Dude isn't even top ten or fringe ten slot and people argue about him being GOAT because they started watching ball in 2005. Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Magic are all above him and he's nowhere near KAJ / Jordan comparisons. If KD didn't go down Steph Curry would have passed him this year.

If Khabib Beats GSP, he is the Undisputed Goat. Only fair...but of course inadequate fools who start threads like this will disagree and find another excuse.

People were calling Stipe the HW GOAT until DC beat him, people were calling DC the HW GOAT until Stipe beat him, now Fedor is back to being the unanimous HW GOAT.

If Khabib beats GSP but goes on to lose to Tony and Gaethje, nobody would think he was the GOAT, he hasnt done enough to put himself into the conversation yet, theres too much careee left

If Khabib Beats GSP, he is the Undisputed Goat. Only fair...but of course inadequate fools who start threads like this will disagree and find another excuse.

GSP is well past his prime.

While still a great win for someone beating current GSP doesn't automatically put them as GOAT. Khabib hasn't accomplished 50% of what GSP has.

On the other hand .... GSP is past his prime. Him still being able to beat a champion that is in his prime (Khabib) would simply cement what is already the case. .... GSP having the best achievements to date in MMA. If GSP was to lose to anyone at this point in his career it wouldn't distract from what he has already accomplished.

Talking about wins and skills overall jones has beaten the whos who he has beaten the best in the world

He has the best resume
Hes the most skilled fighter on this planet

But his haters say he is a cheater and their hero are clean and innocent

Although I got love for Khabib and his incredible win streak, Im going with the hometown hero, GSP to win.

GSP has had one fight in the last 6 years and that was at middleweight no one has any idea how he's going to look cutting to 155lbs for the first time at nearly 40 years old.

Although I got love for Khabib and his incredible win streak, Im going with the hometown hero, GSP to win.

There's no such thing as a GOAT who taps to strikes unfortunately:

gif8.gif

No. He is 170 goat. He vultured over a top 12 -16 middleweight who caught lightning in a bottle as Rockholds chin was already in regression ( but no one really knew looking back) and now he wants to fight a lightweight.

GTFO. Georges will always be on goat list and upper tier of list but not thee goat and certainly not because of recent events.
I mean - c'mon now, he went back on his word and immediately vacated 185 title.
Uhhh ,hello ?

Not the GOAT, he has 0 finishes and the least title defenses, but that win would considerably boost him up.
That being said, GSP will die at 155. Not happening.

No. He is 170 goat. He vultured over a top 12 -16 middleweight who caught lightning in a bottle as Rockholds chin was already in regression ( but no one really knew looking back) and now he wants to fight a lightweight.

GTFO. Georges will always be on goat list and upper tier of list but not thee goat and certainly not because of recent events.
I mean - c'mon now, he went back on his word and immediately vacated 185 title.
Uhhh ,hello ?

Time will take care of this, anyone at 170 who will get 3 or 4 title defenses will be in the GOAT discussion. In 10 or 15 years, GSP will be considered a legend, nobody will talk about Serra, Hendricks, the lackluster fights. We will just talk about the amazing record, that will be very tough recreate because of the level of competition. We will also talk about the comeback to get a belt at 185.

Nah. Beating Georges would be an accomplishment, but what is he, 40 now? And far past his prime.

He'll be the Disputed GOAT.

Time will take care of this, anyone at 170 who will get 3 or 4 title defenses will be in the GOAT discussion. In 10 or 15 years, GSP will be considered a legend, nobody will talk about Serra, Hendricks, the lackluster fights. We will just talk about the amazing record, that will be very tough recreate because of the level of competition. We will also talk about the comeback to get a belt at 185.
Gsp is already a legend and one of the goats but I for one - will never forget the 185 circus at that time. Bisping winning title along with his behavior afterwards ruined one of UFC s crown jewel divisions for quite sometime.
I'm just dishing the hard truth out. Yes -years from now, most wont remember but there will be a bunch of us that do .... and I'll be content with that.

Its pretty much impossible to be the undisputed GOAT in any sport. People argue Mario and Orr over Gretzky in Hockey. People argue Kareem and Lebron over Jordan in Basketball. People argue Ali over SRR in Boxing. And people will argue Fedor/Jones over GSP in MMA even if he beats Khabib

First people have to decide what they're arguing. Determine the criteria for the label. Everyone has their own.

Look at the hockey examples. Wayne is probably the best, but Mario was more physically gifted, lost time to cancer (and still beat out Lafontaine for the scoring title that year) and didn't play with the Oilers, so there's wiggle room. As for Orr, it's been said that five of him beats five of any other player that ever played because Orr could do it all. If that's what matters, he's your pick for GOAT.

In MMA, there are people that put a premium on dynamic styles and finishes, these are critical to the discussion. Personally, my sole criteria is ability to win in a weight class, and I think GSP is the undisputed king where that's concerned.

Gsp is already a legend and one of the goats but I for one - will never forget the 185 circus at that time. Bisping winning title along with his behavior afterwards ruined one of UFC s crown jewel divisions for quite sometime.
I'm just dishing the hard truth out. Yes -years from now, most wont remember but there will be a bunch of us that do .... and I'll be content with that.

GSP wanted a big fight, the UFC wanted a championship fight. I really belive that GSP was sick, that he needed a break and that he was too small for MW.

At the end of the day, he wasn't ruining the division that much, the Whittaker injuries was what created that much confusion around the title, still we had two great fights in Yoel vs Whittaker and it gave time for Adesanya to become well known fighter. Now we could say that this is one of the biggest fights at 185 in a long time.

In MMA, there are people that put a premium on dynamic styles and finishes, these are critical to the discussion. Personally, my sole criteria is ability to win in a weight class, and I think GSP is the undisputed king where that's concerned.

Travis Fulton has 255 wins - including win streaks of 22, 28, and 40.

These wins span over both LHW and HW.

GOAT!

Last edited:
What? With wins like Poirer, Mcgregor, Barboza, and AL???? only 3 (maybe 4) proper contenders there mate.
There ain't nothing inadequate except your reasoning skills.

GSP wanted a big fight, the UFC wanted a championship fight. I really belive that GSP was sick, that he needed a break and that he was too small for MW.

At the end of the day, he wasn't ruining the division that much, the Whittaker injuries was what created that much confusion around the title, still we had two great fights in Yoel vs Whittaker and it gave time for Adesanya to become well known fighter. Now we could say that this is one of the biggest fights at 185 in a long time.
NO - THE RUINING PART came at the expense of decling fights to the #2, #3 and #4 fighters after getting belt (Romero, mousasi, and souza) and then accepting a fight with the #15 68 year old Henderson in which he ,lol, got razor thin decision while wearing all damage then continued to avoid and drag his feet until he got his money grab fight vs GSP. A fight where the 4 year off the shelf WELTER was actually a -170 favorite. OK - the division was held hostage for a significant period of time by a coward ( that's not fighter bashing, it's the truth and privileged truth at that so consider yourself privileged).

I just dish it - no bias , no nothing.

Back