If GSP beats Hendricks who else out there can challenge him?

dont worry, hendricks will KTFO GSP in under a minute

Brown and condit still can challenge. Plus lawler is looking awesome since coming back to 170.

It's kind of crazy that we look at all the killers in the WW division and have trouble finding a contender ...

GSP/Shields 2.

Dude is on a streak and took two rounds from GSP.

I though Maia would be the one to give him a bit of a challenge. After tonight, that will have to wait and/or will never happen.

BEN_ASKREN.jpg

After Maia's loss tonight, another challenger and a guy who was considered a threat...
How could Maia possibly be a threat to GSP? I doubt Maia could win a round against him.

Rory MacDonald and Carlos Condit.

People don't talk enough about Condit's last performance. He looked absolutely incredible in that fight.

that fight was a cakewalk for condit. condits cardio and chin are world class. his bjj is very good. kampman was stylistically a cakewalk

that said condit lost the first round and a half. gsp or any decent wrestler controls condit until they get tired. gsp doesnt get tired

in summary condit looked good but he performed as expected. losing a round and a half to kampman isnt setting the world on fire

I think Hendricks will beat GSP but if he doesn't that really leaves only Condit and maybe Shields with a prayer to beat him as both of these guys took rounds from GSP in their previous fights and have shown they could certainly get lucky and beat GSP with the fight of their lives. Of course Rory has a better chance than stylistically than Condit or Shields but he'll never fight GSP so it's irrelevant.

Maybe Condit rematch if all other fights with contenders are not viable.

Rory won't fight GSP. And I dont like witnessing friends fight.

Maybe Siyar vs GSP since Siyar is Strikeforce champ. CHampion vs Champion.

If Hendricks fails to dethrone GSP (I think Hendricks will knock him out though), I think the last challenge left is Lawler, assuming he can beat Rory. Lawler has the power and the striking to knock GSP out standing, and he's too strong to hold down at 170. If Koscheck had trouble controlling Lawler on the ground, GSP will too.

After Palhares gets through crippling everyone else in the division, he'll be the only challenger...

Gods of comedy demand GSP vs Dong for "GSP finally finishes Dong" headline

It doesn't matter who wins outa Hendricks and gsp, condit is gunna be holding that belt by the end of 2014

Back