If GOAT Anderson went up a weightclass so should Ronda

As a Silva fan, He did step up, but he never faced the LHW champ at the time. So by that logic, Ronda should move up and face Chalamane Tweet again

This is a very dumb thread/example. You aren't asking Ronda to go up to 145 to fight Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar or James Irvin. You are asking her to go up and face the Jon Jones of the women's 145 pound division. An all-time great who is much bigger than Ronda, just like Jones was much bigger than Anderson.

And did Anderson ever go up to face Jones? Not even close. He openly admitted that Jones was too big and that he didn't think he could beat Jones. Instead he tried picking a fight with a 170 pounder in GSP on several occasions.

You can argue whether Ronda should go up in weight and fight Cyborg, but Anderson Silva sure as shit isn't the reason she should. He wanted no part of Jones, who is the closest comp to Cyborg in this case.

The UFC doesn't need a preexisting 145 division to book a 145 pound fight.

Explain how it makes business sense.

What's the risk, the reward?

Nobody suggested that it would be a wise-business move. I've actually already explained a couple times why the risks out-weigh the rewards.

That being said, If Ronda wanted the fight at 145 for personal ambition, there's nothing in the way.

Nobody suggested that it would be a wise-business move. I've actually already explained a couple times why the risks out-weigh the rewards.

That being said, If Ronda wanted the fight at 145 for personal ambition, there's nothing in the way.

Dana and the UFC are.

Agreed.

In no way do I think Ronda is scared, and I do not think Cyborg is scared. It's all posturing and mind games and back and forths.

UFC just isn't ready to do it at the moment, as it just does not make financial sense. They can continue raking in huge PPV numbers with Ronda, and if Cyborg gets desperate enough for the fight she will bow down and make the weight.

The only way the fight happens, is if Ronda decides to retire and does it as her last fight, or Ronda's popularity spirals down and they do it to revitalize the WMMA division.

If some contenders start popping up and it makes sense to have the 145 division they will make it, just right now why would they?

Agreed.

In no way do I think Ronda is scared, and I do not think Cyborg is scared. It's all posturing and mind games and back and forths.

UFC just isn't ready to do it at the moment, as it just does not make financial sense. They can continue raking in huge PPV numbers with Ronda, and if Cyborg gets desperate enough for the fight she will bow down and make the weight.

The only way the fight happens, is if Ronda decides to retire and does it as her last fight, or Ronda's popularity spirals down and they do it to revitalize the WMMA division.

If some contenders start popping up and it makes sense to have the 145 division they will make it, just right now why would they?
The real issue is money. Cyborg wanted PPV points before she was champ.

Fedor never went down in weight class so does that disqualify him? Anderson went up because there was a weight class to move too. Not sure what fighting at a weight class that doesn't exist would do for her legacy.

Cyborg fights at 145 and has been caught drugged up. If she wants to fight in the UFC she moves down in weight, period end of story.

Just be realistic and acknowledge that Ronda has cleared out the division and brought WMMA into the mainstream, its easier to accept reality then deny it.

This butthurt Ronda thread brought to you by RightKnee. (Again)

Ronda has fought at 145. About as many times as Anderson fought at 205.

if she wants to be GOAT. Hiding at 135 doesn't make you GOAT. Anderson went up a weightclass and beat 205ers like they were nothing. If Ronda is GOAT is most dominant athlete LOLOL then she should go up a weightclass.

I find it very funny how some fighters get such credit for fighting a few fights vs hardly bigger opponents, but then they somehow ignore or don't give credit to this:

66hfds.jpg

12-27-2014%2B11-45-19%2BPM.jpg

3428_es.jpg

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif

VTlU.jpg

sylvia_fedor.jpg

continue...

Rousey should definitely consider moving to 145.

Wake me up when there's an actual 145 division IN THE UFC.

there is no weight class to go up to.

Exactly! There is no 145 in the UFC. And they shouldn't make one for Cyborg of all people.

What are they going to do? Sign Cyborg to a contract when there is no weight class for her to fight at? That would be pretty stupid. And if Ronda were to lose it would make their promotion and one of their biggest stars look terrible.

images

emelianenko-rogers.jpg

object_54.1277518446.79674.JPG

fedor-vs-bigfoot.JPG

Fedor only lost to 1 guy who was basically his size.

strikeforce_picks_vegasstyle_fedor_still_a_huge_favorite_over_hendo.jpg

Just saying.

This butthurt Ronda thread brought to you by RightKnee. (Again)

Yeah, no idea why I ever posted here.

I am sure later today there will be another thread about him crying about Ronda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back