If Glover wins does it prove Jones is washed?

Jones fighting poorly against guys a 41 year old Glover beats would indicate he's quite out of prime.

Every fight and fighter is different..styles make fights..

MMA math doesnt work...

Too many variables in fighting to try and base anything in the past mattering in the future my friend

lol @ out of prime Glover.
He is on his run for a title now. When was his prime exactly??
I think he has a good chance to shut the lights off of Maretta even though I consider Thiago to be a true contender it's just a stylistic bad matchup for him imo.
I'm thinking of even making a small bet on Glover. He's a live dog at +280.
He's definitely out of his athletic potential prime years. But he's seemingly kept himself in good condition despite years in the game, has kept sharpening his tools, and leans on a style that dosen't require peak athleticism kind of like Randy Couture used to do fighting into his 40's. The fact that his chin is still as sturdy as it is holds it all together. Most guys at his age can have flashes of their old self, get clipped once and just collapse cause they can't take it anymore. But Glover is still remarkably sturdy. He very well could be in his prime from a fighting perspective, but highly doubt he's in his athletic prime anymore. Just an extremely wise fighter who hasn't hit the steep decline yet despite being in his 40's. But this is all obvious hair splitting, his streak and being in a pseudo title eliminator says it all.

Every fight and fighter is different..styles make fights..

MMA math doesnt work...

Too many variables in fighting to try and base anything in the past mattering in the future my friend

That's why I'm referring to 3 fights instead of only looking at one. One poor performance from Jones could mean he had an off night. 3 in a row? And these guys go on to lose worse against lesser fighters? There is a lot of evidence suggesting Jones just isn't as good as he used to be.

Jones fighting poorly against guys a 41 year old Glover beats would indicate he's quite out of prime.
it could simply mean that jones broke santos-and also indicate that glover learned more from fighting jones. kind of like a good student--where santos on the other hand may still be shaken from jones taking his legs eithway this could also indicate a prime jones at the time of fighting if you catch my drift

That's why I'm referring to 3 fights instead of only looking at one. One poor performance from Jones could mean he had an off night. 3 in a row? And these guys go on to lose worse against lesser fighters? There is a lot of evidence suggesting Jones just isn't as good as he used to be.

Or the competition is getting better for his style and i personally think with out the juice and his age the weight cuts have been getting harder for jones..hence the move to HW now...

We will see if Jones still has it in his first no cut fight at HW

Or the competition is getting better for his style and i personally think with out the juice and his age the weight cuts have been getting harder for jones..hence the move to HW now...

We will see if Jones still has it in his first no cut fight at HW

The competition isn't getting better when 41 year old Glover is beating these guys.

lol @ out of prime Glover.
He is on his run for a title now. When was his prime exactly??
I think he has a good chance to shut the lights off of Maretta even though I consider Thiago to be a true contender it's just a stylistic bad matchup for him imo.
I'm thinking of even making a small bet on Glover. He's a live dog at +280.

What?

His ITD line is +280. He's +200 on most sites right now.

Albeit if he wins, more than likely it's going to come via finish.

When he wasn't in his 40s and 18 years into an mma career?

makes-sense-dean-winchester.gif

The competition isn't getting better when 41 year old Glover is beating these guys.

But glover aint shit tho...his 41 is like a randy couture 41...

Glover is from a different era.. This is true but it also explains why hes being successful now compared to a division that have been rushed to the top...unproven if you will in hopes of beating Jones..Glover is winning against these guys by being tougher and more experienced/savy then his last opponents something you cant dismiss is experience Glover has seen it alls

But glover aint shit tho...his 41 is like a randy couture 41...

Glover is from a different era.. This is true but it also explains why hes being successful now compared to a division that have been rushed to the top...unproven if you will in hopes of beating Jones..Glover is winning against these guys by being tougher and more experienced/savy then his last opponents something you cant dismiss is experience Glover has seen it alls

He's not getting better. He's slower and chinnier than he was when he got into the UFC. Also he's not knocking fools out anymore, he's using his wrestling since the division isn't as good at wrestling as it was when he was in his prime.

He's not getting better. He's slower and chinnier than he was when he got into the UFC. Also he's not knocking fools out anymore, he's using his wrestling since the division isn't as good at wrestling as it was when he was in his prime.

So did randy.... I mean randy striking improved but his wrestling is what brought him his titles later on in life..

You gotta remember glover came up with chuck liddell... You can never count glover man...the dude is tough as hell and hes really well rounded i could see him.subbing or tko on the ground Santos

That said , i dont expect him to be competitive with santos on the feet..he is getting old but his style was never speed or reaction base

Just means Jones is a point fighter now

Told ya....you cant under estimate experience and gameness..

Glover is and always has been a solid threat and hes still getting better

I think it makes it look like Jones can't get up for these guys at LHW anymore. I think the challenge of HW is one reason he wants to move up. Santos and Reyes probably fought the fight of their lives and Jones came in fighting not to lose rather than to win.

There's no doubt tho that Jones has gotten slower and less athletic as he's aged. He plods forward now. It's not the years, it's the mileage.

Told ya....you cant under estimate experience and gameness..

Glover is and always has been a solid threat and hes still getting better

He's not getting better, he's fighting weaker competition. The guy is 41, significantly slower, and has been fighting professionally for 18 years. In his prime he wouldn't have been dropped.

Jones barely ekked out a victory and couldn't keep Santos down. Glover took him down over and over and dominated on the ground. Clearly Jones' offensive wrestling has declined significantly.

He's not getting better, he's fighting weaker competition. The guy is 41, significantly slower, and has been fighting professionally for 18 years. In his prime he wouldn't have been dropped.

Jones barely ekked out a victory and couldn't keep Santos down. Glover took him down over and over and dominated on the ground. Clearly Jones' offensive wrestling has declined significantly.

Glover got dropped from being unbalanced he wasnt too hurt and more importantly he survived those hell.bombs after ..from.one of hardest hiiters and pulled out the victory 15 seconds later...at 41 with a long career that shouldnt be possible..

The division isnt weaker man...Glover is and always has been game as fuck...he just has more tools.to win cuz of experience now...

Glover looks deadlier than Jon with almost 10 years on him. To me that just adds more credibility to USADA killing Jones lol.

Glover got dropped from being unbalanced he wasnt too hurt and more importantly he survived those hell.bombs after ..from.one of hardest hiiters and pulled out the victory 15 seconds later...at 41 with a long career that shouldnt be possible..

The division isnt weaker man...Glover is and always has been game as fuck...he just has more tools.to win cuz of experience now...

41 years old. 18 year mma career. I don't see a rational argument for arguing he is in his prime.

The guy he just beat was considered a middleweight journeyman until he got a split decision against Jones. Maybe, just maybe, it's not that Santos is great but that Jones is out of prime.

Anyone with a set of eyes can see Jon is not the same fighter he was years ago.
He had a ridiculous run but clearly has lost a step

Back