If Glover could have landed one takedown on Rumble

Didn't say Glover was sub par. Just said he didn't beat Rumble. What you consider to be more "well rounded" doesn't matter when Rumble lands flush.

I get your point but having one path to victory can be problematic. There is a reason the term "Rear naked Rumble" has developed.

Vitor Belfort had crazy hands (and kicks when he was juicing like crazy). As soon as he got into deep waters he would fold. Rumble is the same way.

"Well rounded" means Glover can do things Rumble couldn't.

Its all moot though. Rumble retired because he couldn't handle losing. Glover gets back up again after he gets beaten. In my books that makes him better suited to fighting.

Speaking of context. I was referring specifically to the possibility of Glover being able to sub Rumble, which he could.
If he got it to the ground. Which he couldn't do. If he started in rumbles guard maybe.

That's not what "well rounded" means.

Well rounded means you are good at several things but not great at anything?

Glover has good striking, good wrestling, good subs, a decent chin and decent cardio.

What's your definition?

Glover has good striking, good wrestling, good subs, a decent chin and decent cardio.

What's your definition?
How is Rumble not well rounded? He’s got deadly striking and a good wrestling base. Phil Davis had his way with Glover in the wrestling department but couldn’t get close to a takedown against Rumble.

If Glover had the speed on his shoots he could get Rumble down but hes also an old man now. If he ever got Rumble down, Rumble would be screwed. Glover is like Khabib on the mat he is glue, he is strong like a bear and never gives you any space to breathe or rest.

The only two relevant ones came against a guy who's a tier above Glover, DC. Better luck next time.

In a rematch I could easily see Glover surviving the first round barrage, Rumble gases and then that's generally a wrap.

look where glover is now and look where rumble is now--by the looks of it--glover texiera came back like a boss

C'mon, at that time? No. Rumble had power and good wrestling. Good enough to outwrestle DC on the fence for a period which was kind of stupid to do. But he showed his wrestling aint that bad. It's just him omgetting caught on his back is what he's notoriously known for...

That's not how you defined it before.

Lol, I can see your dubs were well earned.

Phil Davis doesn't "rekt" (whatever that means) anyone. A snoozer decision win is nothing to brag about. There is a reason the UFC had no issue with Davis going off to Bellator.
Theyll be gone in 18 hrs

Davis isnt even good enough to be champ in Bellator yet dominated Glover

Crumble is a quitter. A beast, but a quitter... checks out as soon as things get tough.

Why do people keep comparing these two? Completely different fights with completely different fighters. Santos is more methodical with his approach and believes in his tools. Crumble is is Rumble or Crumble. He's not here to win UDs. When it goes past the first round he magically loses his power. He's not very good, technically which is why he has to finish quick before they find his range and timing. One of the most overrated fighters on sherdog. He's good but not great and can never be champ.

I like Glover but fuck does he get tagged alot. Santos caught clean so many times as he was shooting in for those take downs.

Vitor RNC'd Rumble, Glover could as well. Don't be stupid.

Rumble gassed badly in that fight after getting one takedown. Any of Rumble's pre-LHW fights need to be taken with a grain of salt. The guy was fighting two weight classes lower than he was supposed to be.

At LHW Rumble beat Glover, Bader, and Davis very convincingly. Those are the best wrestlers in the division apart from DC, who is a generational talent. I'm just not seeing what Glover would do to win a rematch. He's not better than Rumble anywhere. Theoretically Rumble could go all out to finish Glover and gas himself out, but what are the odds this iteration of Glover can take Rumble's power when he couldn't 4 years ago?

Is this an actual Rumble hater?

Rumble has a better chin than Glover
Better hands
Bigger power
Better kicks
Better wrestling than Glover

Right but all he has is power

Btw weird thar Bader, Phil Davis and Lil Nog arent big wins
Exactly. Folks want to pretend he didn’t dominate against those three. Davis is a great wrestler and couldn’t figure Rumble out. Bader... well we know what happened there.

rumble is a bad matchup for glover cause his speed and power, only chance is somehow glover survives and take him to deep waters

Back