If Glover could have landed one takedown on Rumble

Rumble neutralized both Davis and Bader, so I wouldn't feel too hot about Glover's chances of dragging things to the mat. That's without mentioning how Glover seems to get off to slow starts more often than not, just an awful matchup for him really.

thumbnail_crop.php

1491713117761_lc_galleryImage_BUFFALO_NY_APRIL_08_Danie.JPG

20150523094758_aaaa.JPG

dac762c883395401040f6a7067001072.jpg

Rumble has excellent tdd when he isn't gassed, he's a first round juggernaut. Getting out of that first round is no easy task.

Probably but if they fought 100 times I wouldn't like his odds of getting it to the ground once.

Vitor RNC'd Rumble, Glover could as well. Don't be stupid.
Context. Rumble had a terrible cut and was out of energy fast. Vitor is also more dangerous striker than Glover.

And if Weidman didn't throw that spinning kick he would have broken Anderson's title defences record at MW.

You are right about one thing, Rumble will never be on Glover's level.

Rumble is a one trick point that falls apart when he meets the slightest bit of adversity.

Sure he has that big KO power but that's pretty much all he has. Glover is a far more complete fighter.

Also one of the two guys retired because he couldn't handle losing and became a bodybuilder...

I don't recall Glover ever getting submitted by a welterweight. In fact Glover's never been submitted.

Rumble has two marquee wins, namely Glover and Gus.

Glover has beaten more guys than Rumble has pro fights.
Lmfao

Seeing as how Glover manages to take a couple of shots from Santos beforr subbing him and took like 3 direct uppercuts to the face plus an eye poke from Gustafsson before going down, I'd think that if Glover managed to avoid a direct shot/uppercut from landing the very first round, Glover would be able to take Rumble down?

From there Rumble might end up being surprised since it looks like Glover's ground game is seriously underrated.

Funny seeing so many now all of a sudden riding on the Glover bandwagon. The guy is a really good LHW but we have proof that he's a step or two behind the former elite, though now he may very well end up being champ. Rumble probably wins at least 8/10 against Glover, just look at how many times he got tagged against Santos.

Context. Rumble had a terrible cut and was out of energy fast. Vitor is also more dangerous striker than Glover.

Speaking of context. I was referring specifically to the possibility of Glover being able to sub Rumble, which he could.

You are right about one thing, Rumble will never be on Glover's level.

Rumble is a one trick point that falls apart when he meets the slightest bit of adversity.

Sure he has that big KO power but that's pretty much all he has. Glover is a far more complete fighter.

Also one of the two guys retired because he couldn't handle losing and became a bodybuilder...

I don't recall Glover ever getting submitted by a welterweight. In fact Glover's never been submitted.

Rumble has two marquee wins, namely Glover and Gus.

Yeah, dominating Phil Davis (the guy who rekd Glover everywhere) isn't a marquee win for Rumble lol

Rumble beats Glover 100 out of 100 times and is a far superior fighter

Deal with it

None of those guys that Glover has beaten is named Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson though.

So there's that.

Yeah, dominating Phil Davis (the guy who rekd Glover everywhere) isn't a marquee win for Rumble lol

Rumble beats Glover 100 out of 100 times and is a far superior fighter

Deal with it

Lol, I can see your dubs were well earned.

Phil Davis doesn't "rekt" (whatever that means) anyone. A snoozer decision win is nothing to brag about. There is a reason the UFC had no issue with Davis going off to Bellator.

None of those guys that Glover has beaten is named Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson though.

So there's that.

So?

It was a one shot KO in the first 13 seconds of a fight. It's like saying Aldo is a sub par fighter because McGregor KO'd him.

Or its like saying Cain at his best was sub par because he got finished in less than a minute by JDS.

Shit happens in fights. Rumble has tremendous power but that's about it. He's kind of like Ngannou in that respect.

So?

It was a one shot KO in the first 13 seconds of a fight. It's like saying Aldo is a sub par fighter because McGregor KO'd him.

Or its like saying Cain at his best was sub par because he got finished in less than a minute by JDS.

Shit happens in fights. Rumble has tremendous power but that's about it. He's kind of like Ngannou in that respect.

Didn't say Glover was sub par. Just said he didn't beat Rumble. What you consider to be more "well rounded" doesn't matter when Rumble lands flush.

Back