If George Saint Pierre's Career Had Ended After The Serra Loss

This thread is such pathetic garbage.

I like how it’s implied St Pierre and Emelianenko were both at their career peaks when they faced their first real loss.

Talk about twisting facts to suit your agenda....

Any fighter on any kind of win streak fights cans and ducks top competition or another weight class. Once/if they lose they are out of their prime and/or never that good to begin with.

This is Sherdog logic and .. is normal

I don't think we would have revised it to say he was out of his prime, if it had ended then and there we would be talking about hype and loss of potential. He would probably be in some youtube video about top 10 MMA Hype Jobs, I say that because after the Serra loss he has been on a 13-fight winning streak spanning more than 10 years undefeated, never losing any belt to any fighter and winning titles in two different divisions, post-Serra is his best work and what makes him a candidate for GOAT.

He would've gone on to wrestle for Canada at the 2008 and/or 2012 Olympics.

Some people were suggesting Jordan Mein at 25 years old was finished. People were saying Rory MacDonald was "soulless" after the Wonderboy fight, because Robbie Lawler had "taken" it.

Some people believe Thomas Almeida at 26, has probably maxed his potential. Some people believe Doo Ho Choi has been "broken" , especially after the Stephens fight, and the mandatory South Korean military service will do him good.

Miles Jury was starting to get written off after the Charles Oliveira loss. Charles Oliveira himself, is being written off after his string of poor performances.

I have been told that prime is not about age, but accumulation of mileage, and thus, it varies from one fighter to the other. For example, Stipe at 34 is still in his prime, while Fedor at 33 was out of his prime.

None of the examples you gave is the same as saying someone is past their prime. You're grasping for straws.

Back