If Frankie loses Saturday does he retire?

Frankie is on a $200K/$200K contract (and don't forget the $20K Reebok!). Wouldn't be surprised to see him keep going.

I think he should retire if he loses, but if he insists on sticking around, I think he should give bantamweight a shot.

Depends if he comes out of his coma soon enough to retire in the ring... Maybe give the doctor a note pre-fight to cut his gloves off and leave them in the cage for him

I mean, maybe he should, but I don't think he will.

If Frankie wins, most likely Max will get a rematch.

If Max wins, I think Frankie should go to 135. Frankie's always been the smaller guy in both lightweight and featherweight.

In the right place and right time, I think Frankie is one of those guys who could have been a 3 division champion.

let me check for you

giphy.gif

Too many talent compared to when he was champ.. He'll be the next BJ Penn.. Which he deserves to be.
Just because BJ Penn is washed up and made a mockery of his legacy doesn't mean Frankie will do the same, PB.

123 Easy "Duh" math.......

If Edgar made some investments and could make it work for his family without fighting.......then he should retire if he loses...

If he doesn't have investments and his family will struggle if he does not keep fight........then he should keep fighting....

.....But with all honesty, he has been so successful at what he does that it feels like an easy great check for him...

Hell no. He can still earn and have success but titles not likely in his future.

Money to be made as he will still beat lower ranked guys, but as far as title picture he should deff retire.

Pacquiao just beat an undefeated champion 10 years younger, but in Boxing the tools are "limited" and Pacquiao was the active fighter and he still has speed and power to hang with the best at his weight, Frankie is always giving up size in all corners, reach, height, weight, weight cut game has caught up and he isnt exactly young.

Nah I don't think so, he can still compete. He may even go to BW for once last run

He should but he probably would not.

No.

Edgar's last officially reported pay was $195k show money to fight Ortega.

He can fight 2x a year and make 400k minimum. Unless the UFC tries to negotiate lower pay on his next deal, he's going to stick around for a while and make good money. If Holloway beats him brutally, he will still want to come back and end his career with a win.

I think he still needs to make a living, so no.

It's up to him really, I know sometimes fighters can keep going when they probably shouldn't have done but at the same time I think it's down to them and their team to decide that more than anything.

That said, I don't think Frankie will, he's not beat up, he's only 37 years old which is still young (despite what people say it all depends on how much you've been beat up over the years) and he seems in good shape too so I do reckon he's got a lot left in the tank.

I do want Max to win at the weekend however if Frankie wins then it'll be kinda good cause it's always good to see these veterans win, specially when people constantly doubt them.

Yes and so he should.
He's gotten numerous title shots off one victory, and no longer has what it takes to be the ultimate guy in the division. He's basically Holly Holm of male MMA. Finally, he's fought every single veteran and big name in the division except for Korean Zombie IIRC. Nothing left for him - hang 'em up and go out with your head held high.

Both Max and Frankie are good enough fighters that they could fight on and have fun fights. I don't see the reason to stop fighting just to keep your record spotless, that is disingenuous.

Back