If Frankie loses Saturday does he retire?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If Frankie loses to Max do you think he makes the attempt to bantamweight or do you think he'll realise he'll never be a double champ and call it quits?

He hasn't took much damage compared to other fighters either, I'd prefer to see him ride off into the sunset although I also would like to see him vs Cejudo if he went down to BW and won a few fights there.

What do you think if Max wins? Retirement or he'll carry on?

Depends if he gets dominated he should retire. If he looses no more title shots for Frankie. Awesome fighter but he doesnt have anything left to prove. Future HOF.

Fight triple C at bantamweight?
A better question is should Holloway retire? If he loses it’s surely the end of his featherweight career and with his pillows we all know he’s not touching gold at 155.

It’s a potential crossroad fight for both.

A better question is should Holloway retire? If he loses it’s surely the end of his featherweight career and with his pillows we all know he’s not touching gold at 155.
Wha? Max is 27 years old and a proven fighter. Even if he loses he's going to have years of fights ahead of him. Don't get it twisted, fighters definitely like to win titles and be champion, but the end game is making money. Max has years of money fights ahead of him..

Too many talent compared to when he was champ.. He'll be the next BJ Penn.. Which he deserves to be.

He should start doing freakshow fights.

Edgar vs. Rousey
Edgar vs. Nunes
Edgar vs. Tank

A hard fought win for Edgar wouldn't be entirely surprising, especially considering the hard fight Max is coming off of. But a loss, especially a competitive one- shouldn't mean the end. I'd love to see a Cruz/Edgar super fight at 135 lbs if & when Cruz returns.

Lets just go all out and hit the 125 drop skip BW that way Frankie can move UP after his 125 run

<seedat>

Why would a top 3 fighter retire after losing a title match.
37 years old? Long and illustrious career. No prospect for a title shot for an extended period of time. If he gets slaughtered by Max he should consider it. Thinking it will be closer than people expect though. Just as long as the winner's fit to fight Volk on the Melbourne card in October.

Wha? Max is 27 years old and a proven fighter. Even if he loses he's going to have years of fights ahead of him. Don't get it twisted, fighters definitely like to win titles and be champion, but the end game is making money. Max has years of money fights ahead of him..
27 but already has too much mileage on his brain cells. a couple of fights ago he had to get medical attention for months after slurring and showing cte signs. he takes a lot of damage.
Fight triple C at bantamweight?

It’s a potential crossroad fight for both.
i agree with the notion that maxi should watch his career.

Yes, what’s left to prove?
He proved nothing and never will. Prime Edgar was a myth that piggybacked off of unmotivated BJ and exposed by Bellator can bendo and somehow milked his flash in the pan title reign for years

I bet he retires, but then comes back in a year like they all do. Hanging around the house all day is fucking boring.

I don't think he will retire unless maybe he gets brutally KO'd. He is only 37 years old, hasn't taken continuous beatings, and is 8-2 in his last 10 fights. I think he will still be around for awhile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back