If Floyd tried to be a wild brawler who would he beat?

If Picasso were a sculpter would he have ever been held in high regard?

otherwise, Sunfish is right... 4 millions.

He was more aggressive when he was younger until he realized he needed longevity

He was beating Ricky Hatton at his own game before knocking him out. Was out infighting him.

Floyd walk down and beat down Sugar Shane. looked like mini ggg.

This thread topic is just hilarious. I am seriously LOL'ing at trying to imagine a "brawler Floyd."

Augustus/Burton, that's for sure.

We saw the same fight?? Wasn't much infighting with Cortez reffing it.

I was just thinking about that earlier. Granted Floyd was a better infighter than Hatton and he wins that fight with any ref imo. But Hatton was without a doubt a better infighter than he was boxing at range. I would've liked to see them get busy more inside - at the least it's a more interesting bout.

I was just thinking about that earlier. Granted Floyd was a better infighter than Hatton and he wins that fight with any ref imo. But Hatton was without a doubt a better infighter than he was boxing at range. I would've liked to see them get busy more inside - at the least it's a more interesting bout.
Hatton simply would have gotten stopped sooner. He was getting ripped to shreds inside, and on his way inside.

He would beat gatti

Are brittle hands common in boxing? Has Floyd ever broken his hands?

Floyd has apparently broken his hands quite badly. This seems to be the reason he only fights in Las Vegas, one of the very few jurisdictions that allow lidocaine injections for professional boxers. These shots effectively numb the hands. He also uses Grant gloves, which are like fist armor.

He'd win a battle royale with Ward, Gatti and Mayorga.

Hatton simply would have gotten stopped sooner. He was getting ripped to shreds inside, and on his way inside.

That's kind of what I mean though. I think he was taking the most punishment trying to get inside. And each break meant having to cross that chasm again. You could be right that he gets stopped there sooner, but Hatton was definitely better on the inside offensively than anywhere else and I think we would've got a better fight had they been allowed to work out of the clinch.

Are there fighters who break there hands over and over in fights? Like it is almost expected.

Back