If fighter gets panic attack just before the fight,in octogon?

yep, crazy good striker, nasty elbows (cut more than a knife)
very good chin.
wrestling defense was "meh" tho.

first Crow fight I saw was when he landed a ton of elbows from guard & left a ton of cuts across dude's scalp. forget who he fought, but he cut up a lot of people around that time.

Yesterday i watched few old interviews with "Iron Mike",he says ,before fights he's feared for life,crazy!

That's the point - it happens to everybody. Everybody. How you compose yourself during it and the methods you use makes most of the difference.

first Crow fight I saw was when he landed a ton of elbows from guard & left a ton of cuts across dude's scalp. forget who he fought, but he cut up a lot of people around that time.

Marvin eastman I think, on the liddell Vs couture card.

i'd guess if it's too bad the dr won't let you compete, if you can manage it you might be able to go out and compete, either way you'd need to get a sport psych after to settle those nerves

in amateur boxing, they disqualify alot of guys if they have elevated heart rates

cant see a doctor willingly let someone fight after having a panic attack

regardless if they are pro athletes

get your ass kicked so people can get their moneys worth and then say later that you're a bum

I take it from the responses alot of guys associate panic attacks with general anxiety/fear. They are not the same thing. Panic attacks can have serious pyschiological symptoms such as loss of blood flow to the extremities, fainting or dizziness, racing heart, heart palpitations, loss of vision, muscle tremors and trembling, dangerously high blood pressure, and a general feeling of surrealness. Alot of people become convinced they are going to die during a panic attack. It would be very very difficult to focus on fighting during a panic attack, if not impossible.

Defense mechanism of brain,body to stress situation,after weight cutting,press,hype,waiting the fight,money in game,fans.They are under stress before fight

How doctors inside ring,oct.., can help/know what is it,just before fight?Hard to say

Some of you guys can be brutal.

Robin Black was an analyst with the Fight Network in Canada for eight years. He was let go in a big round of layoffs, not singled out and fired. He's done some work with the UFC and has his own podcast.

He used to be in a glam rock band… not anymore, and glam rock isn't a thing in 2017.

Neither Robin or his wife said the treatment Nunes has received was because she was a woman. His wife asked if this might be a reason, and Robin said he wasn't sure.

Other male fighters have had problems getting prepared mentally for a fight, and I can't remember what the reaction was, though probably not positive from fans.

Karo Parisyan started having real problems when he was getting regular panic attacks. And Stephan Struve pulled out of his fight with Mitrione hours before due to anxiety.

Back