(If Fedor signs with UFC) FEDOR vs ANDERSON @205 ?

So,a guy who fight in MW vs. a guy who fights in HW...seems fair.

Not that weird as you're making it sound. AS has fought in LHW several times and never looked "too small". If fedor can make 205 could happen. Fedor is not that huge for a HW so, not too impossible

Anderson can figth at 220 thats what his manager told a magazine years ago.

But you know Ed Juarez or what ever his names is will say anything.

Actually, Fedor v Anderson at LHW or heavier is probably the best possible fight for every party involved, assuming Fedor and the UFC agree upon a one-fight contract. The winner should just retire thereafter, the loser easily accepts defeat by the hands of a legend, the weight class gives both fighters s built-in excuse, and M-1 and the UFC make a ton of money.

Yeah, this is brilliant match-making. Good call, TS.

silva's still a badass and could ko fedor. i wouldn't count him out just cuz he's smaller.

This is actually the most interesting match-up I've heard. Nice job, TS.

Fedor vs Werdum - Fedor has no chance, not interested
Fedor vs Bigfoot Silva - Lose lose for Fedor. Proves very little if he wins.
Fedor vs Big Nog - Same as above.
Fedor vs Cain - Easy win for Cain, not interested.
Fedor vs Arlovski - Proves very little for either guy, because we don't know for sure how either matches up against top competition. I hate these veteran vs veteran matchups.
Fedor vs JBJ - lol no
Fedor vs Couture - What year is it!?!?.gif
Fedor vs Brock - Nope

Gimme Fedor vs Anderson or gimme death!

fedor has a good chance of beating neone. fedor would have zulu'd the cain who fought werdum.

Fedor lost three in a row...to an Old Hendo, an ok Bigfoot, and a good Werdum. No way he can compete anymore against top guys.

I have had it with AS , not interested

fedor won't fight at 205. forget about this. might as well do scenarios in which he'll do mighty mouse at catchweight 150

11.gif

Imagine what Fedor could do if Cruz could do this.:eek:

HW is lacking enough juice right now that Dana would put Fedor in their at HW, if he could string a couple wins together against a lower tier guy, then say Frank Mir, he'd be right in line for a title shot.

I think prime vs prime the spider takes it via far superior striking. Unfortunately he will never be the same after the injury, not to mention he pushing 40.

Fedor at his peak? He'd ragdoll Silva and GnP him into slurry. That's said I'd give Anderson a better shot in the wide open spaces of the cage where he can circle and counter... but still...

And in the ring, all Fedor. Prime Silva is no match for Fedor there, he'd be taken down and brutalised. Think Chael 1 but with much more savagery.

Now, who the hell knows

Fedor at his peak? He'd ragdoll Silva and GnP him into slurry. That's said I'd give Anderson a better shot in the wide open spaces of the cage where he can circle and counter... but still...

And in the ring, all Fedor. Prime Silva is no match for Fedor there, he'd be taken down and brutalised. Think Chael 1 but with much more savagery.

Now, who the hell knows

Fedor at his physical peak (which I am assuming is the Fedor you would put in there) was not facing the diversity of striking silva had, so hard to say how he would defend some things. Also Silvia's Td defense would be good enough to make it very interesting. Fedor was arguably better of his back than offensive td's. Fedor was also susceptible to subs from the bottom, so who knows. I just don't see him getting through the spiders counter striking and speed advantage (part of why Fedor excelled at hw).

Would have been a fight for the ages.

Anderson can't fight and even if he could, he'd never take this fight. Especially not now that his jig is up.

I've never weighed in on the Anderson roid thing, but I've seen so much nonsense on the topic...I'll do it here.

He got popped one time, after a severe broken leg (which would be the obvious reason he used). Give the guy a break.

Anderson is a big guy, Fedor is a small guy. This could easily be a catch fight at 215 or something around there, Anderson would be just as big on fight night.

Fedor at his physical peak (which I am assuming is the Fedor you would put in there) was not facing the diversity of striking silva had, so hard to say how he would defend some things. Also Silvia's Td defense would be good enough to make it very interesting. Fedor was arguably better of his back than offensive td's. Fedor was also susceptible to subs from the bottom, so who knows. I just don't see him getting through the spiders counter striking and speed advantage (part of why Fedor excelled at hw).

Would have been a fight for the ages.

Don't get me wrong, I think both could win, but the size factor alone would have me considerably favour Fedor. Fedor at peak was a bear at 235 pounds. Silva is likely naturally 200 pounds when fighting at his best. Skill wise, I think they are both elite of the elite, but matchup wise I think Fedor is better suited here.

Hence my mind says a ragdolling and that's no knock on Silva. The best Fedor I've favour against almost any fighter I've seen, particularly in the ring. Even Silva has admitted Fedor would be 'too big' in the past

Other than that I love the match up. Its a hard core fan's wet dream

I think prime vs prime the spider takes it via far superior striking. Unfortunately he will never be the same after the injury, not to mention he pushing 40.

Prime for Prime, Fedor absolutely ragdolls and manhandles Silva to hell.

Pre-Weidman Anderson vs Strikeforce Fedor..... probably Anderson.

Currently, both are out of their prime and have fallen from grace, but I still give Fedor the edge. It all depends on how timid Anderson is and how smart Fedor fights.

This is actually the most interesting match-up I've heard. Nice job, TS.

Fedor vs Werdum - Fedor has no chance, not interested
Fedor vs Bigfoot Silva - Lose lose for Fedor. Proves very little if he wins.
Fedor vs Big Nog - Same as above.
Fedor vs Cain - Easy win for Cain, not interested.
Fedor vs Arlovski - Proves very little for either guy, because we don't know for sure how either matches up against top competition. I hate these veteran vs veteran matchups.
Fedor vs JBJ - lol no
Fedor vs Couture - What year is it!?!?.gif
Fedor vs Brock - Nope

Gimme Fedor vs Anderson or gimme death!

I'd actually still be interested in Fedor/Couture.

Say it finally happens and he signs. This seems like the ultimate ULTIMATE fight to make. From a hype perspective, it'd be absolutely through the roof. Not only that, but by the time it'd actually take place (mid-2016) Anderson could be ready to fight again and/or over whatever shit the NSAC throws at him. It doesn't have to be Fedor's debut fight, he could debut against someone else at HW. But a one time weight cut to 205 for the biggest possible fight ever, I'm sure Dana could make it happen.

anderson-silva-vs-fedor-o.gif

Stupid fight.
A hw vs a mw.
Only losers in any outcome here.
Silva aint gonna go for the lhw title and fedors win means nothing.

Stupid fight.
A hw vs a mw.
Only losers in any outcome here.
Silva aint gonna go for the lhw title and fedors win means nothing.

You do know Silva has fought at LHW before right? Not for the title. Against people bigger than Fedor? :icon_neut

Back