If Fedor had beaten Bigfoot...

Fedor armbar.

Lol! People tend to forget that Fedor was best at a time where fighting was still being called nhb. Nhb was heavily frowned upon, unknown by many and due to it's lack of popularity there was far less competition. Armbars were easier pulled off then. Now it has evolved into a legal sport that we now call mma. Many more people have learned and practice now. Which means the competition is now stacked! The field is now heavily populated with newer techniques and more educated and disciplined fighters. Cormier is no stranger to an armbar. Cormier would easily dictate where this fight goes having full knowledge what to expect once on the ground or standing. Fedor in his prime would still be out of date against a present day Cormier.

Fedor still had power and speed but his ground game was gone by than

Cormier has his sick wrestling so it's probably 60-40 Cormier

Fedor would've killed Overeem

The Greatest Fighter ever .... on paper!
image_crop.php

Wrestling Vs Sambo

I vote Sambo.

No one is going to destroy the other one. I always hated the word destroy in Sherdog. Dumb as fuk.

DC would besmirch Fedor he's better than Fedor everywhere.

Fedor has better striking (including better kicks). Cormier is the better wrestler. Both are fast but Fedor has the speed advantage. Fedor had better subs.

Either guy would have a great chance against each other

DC caught Bigfoot. Anyone can catch anyone. Mike Kyle caught Bigfoot too early as well, almost finishing him.

If we look at a common opponent where both Fedor and DC took it to a 3 round decision (Monson), then we have to admit that Fedor looked a lot better for three rounds than DC. And that was late Fedor, not prime Fedor.

The gif shows Henderson KOing Fedor.. And? Pretty sure he stood up, even if he was dizzy as fuk, 2s later.

Let me google Destroy for you:

Destroy:
end the existence of (something) by damaging or attacking it.
"the room had been destroyed by fire"

Fedor has better striking (including better kicks). Cormier is the better wrestler. Both are fast but Fedor has the speed advantage. Fedor had better subs.

Either guy would have a great chance against each other

What makes you think Fedor is faster or better at striking than DC? Also as far as subs go what good technical grapplers has Fedor subbed? Nowadays at the highest level of mma armbars off of your back against lower tier competition and sambo titles mean very little. Rory Mac survived on the ground just fine against Maia, a far more accomplished grappler than Fedor.

Speaking of hypothetical fights, am I the only one that thinks Vitor would've had a great chance at knocking Fedor out if they had fought in Affliction after Barnett failed his drug test?

If Fedor had beaten Bigfoot he wouldn't have fought DC as Overeem wouldn't have left?!

He would've fought the Reem next and I believe touched that chin for the KO then met Barnett in the finals and I also think at any stage in his career he would've won that one and likely rematched Werdum after the tournament then who knows

What does that slow motion GIF prove? That Fedor lost to someone he would normally beat? It happens all the time in MMA. Someone should make a GIF in real time showing the time clock so that people could see how fast that sequence actually happened. Fedor was rolling 2 seconds after hitting the mat. Anyway.... This is about Fedor-Cormier.

Should I post a GIF of Serra KOing GSP? Would that mean that LW Serra is better than GSP or that he won a fight that he would lose 9 times out of 10?

Top fighters lose to guys they shouldn't sometimes. Weird things happen in MMA.

I would love to see Cormier-Fedor (even if Fedor came out of retirement to fight him) It would be a great fight. Who knows who would win

Last edited:
DC would besmirch Fedor he's better than Fedor everywhere.

What makes you think Fedor is faster or better at striking than DC? Also as far as subs go what good technical grapplers has Fedor subbed? Nowadays at the highest level of mma armbars off of your back against lower tier competition and sambo titles mean very little. Rory Mac survived on the ground just fine against Maia, a far more accomplished grappler than Fedor.

I have seen enough of your posts that I shouldn't even respond to you. You are clearly a clown. (not referring to this post but others)

What do you have to back up your claim that Cormier is better everywhere. Ridiculous. Cormier has better submission? Cormier is faster? Cormier has better kicks?

Watch both of them fight and you can tell who has what advantage. If you can't tell that Fedor is faster you have issues.

Anyway, The speed advantage and submission advantage that Fedor has over Cormier could be moot because Cormier's better wrestling could potentially win him the fight. Fedor is the better striker but Cormier could catch Fedor. You never know.

Even if Fedor had an advantage in every department (which he doesn't) it doesn't mean he would win the fight. Same for Cormier.

Both are highly skilled and are dangerous. Either guy would have a good chance of winning.

Last edited:
.....As opposed to the Fedor that went to a decision against Jeff Monson? lol

Yeah. Guy gave bad example. Anyway Monson is tough to put away. Fedor beat him up worse than Cormier did (and even broke his leg with kicks) but both guys showed that they were clearly better than Monson.

How bad would he have gotten wrecked by this guy?

1315740283.gif

Can't wait to see DC fight this weekend :)

i still cant beilve how good bf looked vs fedor.

vs cain n dc he looked so slow. but vs fedor he looked really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back