If Fedor comes to the UFC he'll quickly earn a title shot

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If Fedor is 1/2 the fighter he once was he'll quickly make his way to a UFC title shot. He doesn't need to be fed cans. The UFC HW division is anemic and shallow right now. Give him the winner of Mir vs. Arlovski or such. Both men he could have beaten at the end of his career. Or someone like Struve who just barely edged out Big Nog. These are guys that are currently at the top of the UFC HW division.

If Stipe and JDS keep winning he might have to face one of them for a title shot.

Either way, with the current state of the UFC HW division I don't see Fedor having a hard time earning a title shot.

Do I think Fedor could topple Werdum? I don't know. It'd be interesting. A prime Fedor would beat any version of Werdum. Fedor was working Werdum initially and fell for Werdum's trick. Don't think that'd work twice for Werdum. Plus, Fedor was past his prime and Werdum wasn't. Also think Werdum has improved a lot since then. Maybe Fedor has improved too.

There is alot of cash to be made of Fedor when the UFC markets him correctly. A warm up fight vs a top 10 then a TS seems logical. AA would fit the bill, favorable match up for fedor. A rematch and a high level fight. Fight for the belt after that.

There is alot of cash to be made of Fedor when the UFC markets him correctly. A warm up fight vs a top 10 then a TS seems logical. AA would fit the bill, favorable match up for fedor. A rematch and a high level fight. Fight for the belt after that.

Given their current forms I'm not so sure Arlovski would be a favorable fight for Fedor nowadays. It is HW though so you never know. I'd prefer Overeem vs Fedor, dream fight that we never got and winner would be a shoe-in for a t.s.

no free TS for him please, only after 1-2 or even 3 wins

give him bigfoot rematch

bigfoot smash! fedor shoulda dropped to lhw

Given their current forms I'm not so sure Arlovski would be a favorable fight for Fedor nowadays. It is HW though so you never know. I'd prefer Overeem vs Fedor, dream fight that we never got and winner would be a shoe-in for a t.s.

Overeem would be a great fight.

Arlovski said he almost gave up against Browne. It'd be a good fight for Fedor and one he'd probably win. Plus, AA is on a win streak.

A prime Fedor would beat any version of Werdum. Fedor was working Werdum initially and fell for Werdum's trick. Don't think that'd work twice for Werdum. Plus, Fedor was past his prime and Werdum wasn't. Also think Werdum has improved a lot since then. Maybe Fedor has improved too.

Fedor and Werdum are both 38, enough with this "Prime Fedor" crap

his first fight should be:

1. Barnett
2. Mir
3. Silva Rematch

In that particular order.

Some people peak later. Werdum has never looked this good. And Werdum lost to Overeem in the past. Someone he'd probably kill now.

Nobody "peaks" when their 38 bro, it's scientifically impossible without assistance

his first fight should be:

1. Barnett
2. Mir
3. Silva Rematch

In that particular order.

I agree with Barnett. However I don't want to see him fight Bigfoot again. Fedor really is a heavy 205er. He was small against Bigfoot and will be small again if they fight. He truly is fighting out of this class. He could do that back in the day, but with the overall skill over 250+lb monsters slowly increasing, he should be kept away from them.

It's not a knock on him at all, just a reality.

I'd rather see him fight JDS or Overeem. Give us fights we haven't seen, against guys that aren't super-sized.

Last edited:
Isn't the UFC trying to have an event in Russia soon? Fedor should headline the first card if it ever happens.

Nobody "peaks" when their 38 bro, it's scientifically impossible without assistance

False.

Heavyweights don't rely on speed as much as smaller guys. As long as their chin is still decent, they tend to get better with age, because they're more experienced and skilled. They have time to hone their best weapons, and brush up on their weaknesses.

This is exactly what we have seen in Werdum. His grappling is top-tier. His striking is the best its ever been. His game-planning is on point. His confidence and poise is amazing. This is due to getting better with age. Werdum is literally the best he's ever been right now.

Last edited:
Personally I want him to have one top 10 opponent first. If he still has it, they can build him up tremendously with even one fight in the cage before a title fight.

Put him on the same card that Werdum is fighting on next. Maybe have it against Hunt, JDS, Barnett, or Overeem.

Back